Split Ac
3 or 5 star

Place of Ac to get installed Burhanpur madhya pradesh India

Price no bar
But only Ac should keep cool me on my vacation

Thanks & Regards.

Sorry if I hurt anyone

I would recommend below ACs and the ranking would be:

1. O'General (I am using 5 Star 1.5 ton and extremely happy with my decision)
2. Blue Star
3. Daikin
4. Carrier

yes, both are available in India. FK and AMZ has both as well, even you can get both from your city showrooms.

Summer is approaching and I rediscovered a small guide I had created for myself some time back. So here it goes...

Whenever we go to the showroom, the salesman always asks 'Room Size'. Generally, rule of thumb they apply is :

If the room size is upto 100 sq ft (or 120 sqft sometimes), then they recommend AC Upto 1 ton.

More than 100 sqft but less than 150 sq ft -> 1.5 ton

More than 150 sqft -> 2 ton.

This is very simplistic and has room for errors.

The first error comes from not accounting for height.
The thing is that the AC has to cool a complete room and the room is a cuboid. So, total volume of the Room matters. As some have 10ft, some have 12ft and some old homes have 14ft ceilings, the same AC might not be sufficient. (Or overcool).
So, a more accurate calculation is to take the complete volume into account. This works for all kinds of rooms. Here is the calculation for it:
a) Calculate its volume in cubic feet - height x length x breadth.
b) Multiply this volume by 6.
c) Now add (no. of people x 500) to this value. As having more people warms up the room. So for 2 people, we add 2 x 500 = 1000.
So for a 12x12x12 room which will stuff 3 interns, we get a value of 12x12x12x6+1500=11,868.
This is the 'Cooling Capacity' you need in terms of BTUs
For watts divide it by 3.412. So this room needs an AC whose Cooling Capacity is 3478 watts. (You can get this in a 1 Ton AC)
Here, the salesman would have told you to get a 1.5 Ton AC as 12x12=144sqft is the room area.

Thus, calculating the Cooling Capacity not only gives you an exact calculation for purchasing AC, when you know this, you can get away with a smaller AC in many cases.
Also, if you are feeling like saving money or are short on cash, you can also multiply volume by 5.5 above. But dont go below that for the room may not cool sufficiently.

The second error comes from not accounting for sunlight.
If your ceiling has no room above it, then there is optimization to be applied in terms of reflective paint (you can get these from paint companies like Nerolac etc.), or simply a reflective white plastic sheet. This will reflect away the sunlight and thus room will stay cooler. This will have to applied on the roof.
The plastic sheet can also be removed in winters when you might want the sunlight to warm the room.
Although there are better alternatives like having a row of plants on the roof directly above the room where you can grow your own vegetables or fruits and get organic chemical free pure food while getting the room cooled by quite a bit.
Best wishes

I would for one suggest a lower star rating ac than a Ac with higher stars . The reason is that the indoor unit coil fins are too close and they have multiple rows . The dust when sucked into the fins is not possible to remove unless and until the whole unit is removed and the coil has a water wash done . Else the dust over a period of time blocks the water outlet passage and the whole room gets soiled due to water clogging .

The lower star rating ac have the fins a little apart and even though the efficiency is not upto the mark , it is more hassle free . I live in a high dust area and every 15 days the filter gets blocked .

Best Ac for dusty areas seem to be the window units . Easier to clean and maintain .

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back