Looking to pair Boston Acoustics XS5.1 with Yamaha RX-V477

mmaran

Hi Friends

Please I would need your suggestion on the below.

I am new to the AV concept and looking to buy new one. I got demo for Yamaha YHT-299, sounds great with surround and cristal clear audio. But what I concerned about the BASS is bit low as am more interested with music than movies.

So, I tried alternate sources within Yamaha (am a big fan of Yamaha) and satisfied with RX-V377 / V477. Also looking for speakers, bit interested with Boston Acoustics XS5.1. My budget around 55-60K.

Please would request you to suggest me whether it is good choise or is there any other better solution.

Thank you

Consider purchasing a marantz nr1504 which should be available @32k to 35k these should be the best prices. You can purchase it from hifimart. Marantz avr will perform well for both movies and music as well. You can also consider building in stages. In this was you will be able to build one heck of a system and wont be disappointed by the result. You can consider purchasing boston a26 bookshelf+subwoofer now. Then add center and surrounds later accordingly. An audition is a must as you should be satisfied with the sound. Take audition of some speakers even if you dont have the budget for it. This way you will come to know how much you are missing out on the ht you have selected.

If it's only the bass that disturbs you can't you not get a better sub and plug it in than change the whole system?

Sir,
He is not changing a system, he mentioned that he is new to ht world and buying a new system preferably yamaha

Hi Friends

I am new to the AV concept and looking to buy new one. I got demo for Yamaha YHT-299, sounds great with surround and cristal clear audio. But what I concerned about the BASS is bit low as am more interested with music than movies.

So, I tried alternate sources within Yamaha (am a big fan of Yamaha) and satisfied with RX-V377 / V477. Also looking for speakers, bit interested with Boston Acoustics XS5.1. My budget around 55-60K.

Please would request you to suggest me whether it is good choise or is there any other better solution.

Thank you

Yamaha rx-v377 is a very capable receiver, I recently purchased this receiver, the sound is just amazing, you will hear sounds you have never heard before from your speakers, my budget ns-p285 5.1 speakers sound so good after connecting with it. Yamaha have very good after sales service(in chandigarh).

Hi Friends

Thank you
AVR, RX-V477 or Marantz will be good; Marantz is more balanced for Music + movies, i guess. this will be around 35K
Home Theater speakers, Have a look at Pioneer Andew Jones series 5.0 (FS-52, C-22, BS-22) + a good powered sub (AJ sub is not that good it seems). this will be around 35K for AJ 5.0 + 20K for sub.

total around 90K, hmm.. but I guess it will be good budget all 5.1 setup for Movies and Music.. for long run..

I'm having an Onkyo HTR-390 + Pioneer AJ 5.0 + Onkyo sub; running good for movies and music.

Anyway, don't go with any HTiB package as you will be looking for better speakers sooner, so the entire budget will run high..

Thank you All for your time and suggestions!

I forgot to mention one thing that my living room size is 12"(w) x 24"(l) and living in an appartment. I hope I can use bit more sound beyond the limit :). If 5.1 HTiB is not recommended, can I start with a pair of bookshelf / Floor standing along with a powered subwoofer (like 2.1) and add more one by one ?

So that I can gradually increase my budget with quality speakers..

also please could you advice me that... which one would be the best either spending more money for AV receiver with budgeted speakers or getting quality speakers with minimal powered AVRs ?

Thanks in advance..

After few research and suggestions, I would like to go with the below option, please advice me about the quality and compatibility of the components:

AVR: YAMAHA RX-V477 - Rs.39K
Speakers: YAMAHA NS-P60 (5.0) - Rs.18K
Sub Woofer: CIB America F12 - Rs.25K

Will it be a quality setup ? :confused:

Here are some pointers for you...

I would suggest start with AVR + 3.0.. By3.0 i meant BS + Center spaker.... Later when you have budget, get the surrounds & subwoofer....

AVR : Approx 35 ~ 40K....

* When you are on tight budget, never pick the current model AVR from any brand...

* Always enquire AVR price for for 1- 2 yrs old model also.. High chances that you might get a higher series AVR in good discounted price....

* x77 AVR series are recent models... So you might not get good discounts... Try to check for x75 and x73 series of Yamaha AVR's...

Speakers : 20 ~ 25K (remaining budget)

* Hifimart recently had a good speaker Boston Acoustics A 26 on sale for 14K.. But they are now out of stock.....

* Sonodyne Sonus 1501 BS + Center 2501 are the ones that you can get from your budget.... (Refer Hifimart for prices).. Chennai you don't have any dealers for Sonodyne to audition them....

* Sonodyne's usually announce 26% discount sale on the Republic day week.. Keep checking for threads on the same... If they have, good time to grab them....

I have checked for rx-v475 in blr dealers few months back and not available. Chances of getting a new *75 series will be difficult.
I do agree it will be more VFM.

As already mentioned above look for a capable reciever but no need to get all the bells n whistles in it. Like bluetooth, wifi, etc. You can always add a decent media player later and enjoy this extra. Look for a avr which will be decent and will pair well with most speakers. I beleive marantz are ones with less power on paper but infact are very capable ones. They will drive good fs easily. You can definately upgrade in steps and that is the best. Only make sure your fronts+center should be matched well i.e same series atleast if not the same speaker. Generally many make the mistake of choosing a different series for fronts and centre which inturn results in no proper soundstage and the effect will never be upto what it could be with matched center speaker. So buy fronts+center together. Then choose your avr to go along with the remaining budget. Decide upon the speakers first. The avr can be selected after you zero on the speakers. I never heard a sonodyne yet. But they really make good products. Elangoas one question sir........why are sonodyne prices a little higher than some good established and reputed brands. When i chose polk audio the sonodynes bookshelves were costly and i felt that a reputed brand should be better. But with the 26% discount on republic day i feel it sounds fantastic. Wanted to check out the roarr subwoofers but are they recently replaced with the studio series of sonodyne????

Elangoas one question sir........why are sonodyne prices a little higher than some good established and reputed brands. When i chose polk audio the sonodynes bookshelves were costly and i felt that a reputed brand should be better. But with the 26% discount on republic day i feel it sounds fantastic. Wanted to check out the roarr subwoofers but are they recently replaced with the studio series of sonodyne????

I don't recollect any brand of speaker, with similar set of specifications to Sonodyne's speakers and priced lesser.... Pioneer Andrew Jones is an other speaker that is close to Sonodyne's price....

Hifimart used to offer flat 10% discount earlier on all Sonodyne products... Not sure if thats still applicable....

Yes 26% offer is good.. But i feel that they should roll-out the benefit to all over india thru hifimart....

Roar & Studio speakers are different range....

Thank you for your suggestions, I tried to get rx-v475/473... but not found in most of the stores. Will have to chck with few more dealers.

How about the Yamaha HTR-2067 ? it costs around only 23K. if it is ok, I can buy good speaker setup. Is it worth to buy ?

Would be better to get your hands on denon avr-x500 rather than the yamaha one. I feel you should be getting it at the same price as yamaha. Denons watts are much higher than yamaha. Check if stocks are available

Thank you for your suggestions, I tried to get rx-v475/473... but not found in most of the stores. Will have to chck with few more dealers.

How about the Yamaha HTR-2067 ? it costs around only 23K. if it is ok, I can buy good speaker setup. Is it worth to buy ?

Try to get in touch with Praveen (99414 76667) of Vipul Audio.. He deals with Yamaha, Pioneer AVR's & HTIB systems...

Which speaker package is better for Yamaha rx v377....??? Please suggest.....

JBl 5.1 speakers will sound very nice with yamaha rx-v377 i have heard their demo a number of times here in chandigarh, both Jbl 510 or Jbl 610 sound nice with Yamaha Rx-v'77 series of receivers. If you can get the jbl scs200.5 speakers then those will sound even better...hope this helps

I bought the Yamaha 2067 before getting yamaha rx-v377 assuming it will play all HD sound formats, but i was shocked later to know online that this model does not support HD sound formats like DTS-HD, Master Audio etc , and returned it the very next day to the dealer and purchased the rx-v377 instead, believe me you will not regret purchasing any of this Yamaha '77 series model.

And one more thing yamaha rx-v377 is slightly better in sound department then yamaha rx-v375 as reviewed by WHAT Hi-Fi magazine.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back