Lord of the Rings- Triology- Blu ray review

srinisundar

We can easily say the film appealed to everybody and it is one of high grossers and found to be one of the MOST anticipated release in Blu-ray.

Finaly the review is OUT in HDD Blu-ray Review: The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy | High-Def Digest and the comment is from a true reviewer "After years of waiting, 'The Lord of the Rings' is on Blu-ray, and fans are going to be pissed off.:lol:

It is very disappointing to read the review of this BD and the film deserved to be an landmark and should be kept for demo pupose, but finaly all got pissed off.

What a let down by "Warner":mad:

Do we have anything to say against our desi transfer at this moment??

Well I was more waiting for Saving Private Ryan and finally it also would be releasing on 26 April 2010 on BR. I hope it lives up to the expectations. I am eatching to pre-order though :D

Even I thought of waiting for Extended cut, but it could take years.It was supposed to be in late 2011, but looks like it is not going to happen.

I already can say I am going to be compromised one more time and pick this up.

They are just using a cheap trick to make people buy twice...first the theater version and then the extended version...they did the same for the DVD too. like konfused said...it makes sense to wait for the extended version which they are bound to release sooner or later...

They are just using a cheap trick to make people buy twice...first the theater version and then the extended version...they did the same for the DVD too. like konfused said...it makes sense to wait for the extended version which they are bound to release sooner or later...

I completely agree with your point.But its the uncontrollable love towards the movie makes most of us fall to their trap.The reviewer himself mentioned that apart of all the shortcomings it got a better video than our upscaled DVD and excellent audio, I take this as an excuse to buy this one.That makes less painful to wait for unannounced and god knows when extended cut.

Well, I ain't buying it till they release the extended edition anyway. And I'm sure they'll fix it in the next release.

Ditto. And I am a great LOTR fan. this is double dipping at it's worst!! (Second worst.. worst is george lucas of star wars fame) . how many times do they expect a person to pay for the same movie?

I have the extended edition on DVD, so will wait for the BD extended edition.

After watching the Extended edition there is no way of going back. The theatrical edition looks incomplete as the extra scenes were very much part of the film. So till then extended DVD is what I'm going to keep on watching. And the DVD is of not so bad quality anyway. Patience is a virtue(I've very less of it though ;-) )
About the star wars, somehow I'm not very convinced how the old one's will look in BD. Although I;m waiting for them too, I;m sure gonna be disappointed.
Saving Private Ryan is a must have for sure.

Lot of hatered is expressed by LOTR fans over this Blu ray release all over the net.Its not b'coz of the quality but on the attitude of studios on holding the extended cut.Some gone to an extent to ban this release.With this kind of response god knows how many copies they can sell.
I personally felt, its wise to step back and join our brothers in the movement:).
Again, AVATAR team is gearing up to squeeze our money with three versions (Thearatical, Extended and 3d) over a span of one year.

Lot of hatered is expressed by LOTR fans over this Blu ray release all over the net.Its not b'coz of the quality but on the attitude of studios on holding the extended cut.Some gone to an extent to ban this release.With this kind of response god knows how many copies they can sell.
I personally felt, its wise to step back and join our brothers in the movement:).
Oh yeah, I'm all for it, as I said before, ain't gonna buy till it's an extended edition.

Again, AVATAR team is gearing up to squeeze our money with three versions (Thearatical, Extended and 3d) over a span of one year.
Don't much care about Avatar, not a movie for collection anyway.

+1 to your comment... this move started with great epic "gladiator", it is also an complete letdown.... Waiting for so many years and later releasing an movie with worst PQ is not an appreciable one.. In this same line LOTR is on the way.

Glad to know that "Gladiator" is set of re-release this year with good PQ. Will wait typicaly for the LOTR also... CAN WE ??????

Oh yeah, I'm all for it, as I said before, ain't gonna buy till it's an extended edition.

Don't much care about Avatar, not a movie for collection anyway.

I will watch your collection, whether Avatar is getting inserted or not:) Very worst movies are there than Avatar...that we have it in our collection. It is only for PQ and not for SQ( story quality)

I will watch your collection, whether Avatar is getting inserted or not:) Very worst movies are there than Avatar...that we have it in our collection. It is only for PQ and not for SQ( story quality)

He he you can follow my collection at Blu-ray.com (with the same id).;) Not many are there yet as I'm just starting.
As of now Avatar is not there on my list of future purchase plans. But as you said just for the PQ we may think about it but somehow I was not very amused with the 3D thing.
And thanks for the warning for the Gladiator, you just saved me 18.99$. I was about to order it from Amazon. I'm placing The Patriot in the cart instead.
For LOTR, as of now I'm surely be waiting, unless Amazon gives some really tempting offers. Amazon UK may do something after sometime. BTW, just bought Godfather collection for only 17.3 GBP (shipping included) from Amazon UK. so anyone planning for this series, just go and grab it while it lasts.

I can understand if you guys didn't liked the movie, but its really worth having the bluray for its technical brilliance.Of course it all depend an how good the transfer is.
That is exactly the point I am making. The whole movie was (somewhat) worth watching (once) because of the 3D and all. The movie had no real story or depth of plot. I never felt like watching it again on the screen (the cost was one contributing factor).

I normally collect movies that I can watch over and over again.

Individual opinions may differ, of course.

A truly cinematic experience that you'll find practically impossible to forget and a more than fitting end to one of the greatest film franchises ever made. A lot of it is just hacking and slashing on a mammoth scale, which is still just hacking and slashing.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back