No Atmos or DTS X on Oppeheimer Blu ray?

arnprasad

Hi All,

I have subscriptions to just about every OTT. Hence I feel I am well within my rights to download a movie since I don't like the occasional buffering while streaming.

Thought Oppenheimer being the greatest and latest would have Atmos or DTS X audio and surprised to see DTS 5.1...so I thought maybe the downloading site hasn't listed it correctly or they don't want us to download the Atmos/DTS X tracks..so I searched for a review of the Blu ray which got released this week and even they say that while the Soundtrack is top notch. Its in DTS 5.1

Any idea if this is normal as I would expect all the latest movies to come with the latest audio formats. Or is it up to the AVRs to take this 5.1 and make it into Atmos/X?

Just got a new AVR with Atmos and hence all this josh!!

Hi All,

I have subscriptions to just about every OTT. Hence I feel I am well within my rights to download a movie since I don't like the occasional buffering while streaming.

Thought Oppenheimer being the greatest and latest would have Atmos or DTS X audio and surprised to see DTS 5.1...so I thought maybe the downloading site hasn't listed it correctly or they don't want us to download the Atmos/DTS X tracks..so I searched for a review of the Blu ray which got released this week and even they say that while the Soundtrack is top notch. Its in DTS 5.1

Any idea if this is normal as I would expect all the latest movies to come with the latest audio formats. Or is it up to the AVRs to take this 5.1 and make it into Atmos/X?

Wont be surprised to see Atmos go the 3D way :)

I spent 65K on a Denon 1700 only for Atmos...my Pioneer 1020K is working well after 12 years....its been two months. Although I haven't fixed the ceiling speakers yet...frankly I haven't seen or heard anything on Denon that is better than my Pioneer...seems a waste of money.

Hi All,

I read an article somewhere that Christopher Nolan has never used Atmos in his films. He is a 5.1 purist :)

Hi,
Nolan prefers dts over atmos he told that in a interview,
Personally i feel dts mix bass is slightly better than atmos
Its a dialogue centric film so he went with dts choice and its really gud movie both visually and audio wise

Hi All,

The one I downloaded is in DD+, but as you said BRrips and 2160p is available only in DTS. I downloaded 1080p.

The one I downloaded is in DD+, but as you said BRrips and 2160p is available only in DTS. I downloaded 1080p.
I wanted 2k but since it is in DTS-HD and my avr doesn't support DTS HD ended up downloading 1080p

I spent 65K on a Denon 1700 only for Atmos...my Pioneer 1020K is working well after 12 years....its been two months. Although I haven't fixed the ceiling speakers yet...frankly I haven't seen or heard anything on Denon that is better than my Pioneer...seems a waste of money.
I also have Denon and pioneer. Some how I feel that pioneer creates a really large sound field over Denon. Like the ceiling really disappears during a movie.
Don’t worry there are plenty of other movies to watch in Atmos :)

I downloaded it’s 4K version from 4kmovies.co and it has a changing aspect ratio according to the scene. The DTS 5.1 sounds and better.

Hi All,

All Nolan movies are either in Dolby TrueHD or DtsHDMA 5.1.
But the audio quality of his movies will be topnotch .Most of are Reference quality.

The last I checked Oppeneimer was 85GB in dtsX. Thought it will take ages to download it. Wonder from where exactly you guys get it. Waiting for the dm. I always prefer anything in dts. Dts is more punchy & discerning. Dolby & atmos are have better separation in surrounds. Never found difference in DD+ & atmos.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back