Help!! all I want to do is split some MKV files and keep the original sound of dolby atmos etc in the split file. I have tried 10 programs none work!

gavinusme

Basically I want to create some brief sound demos from my favourite movie action scenes. I can split my MKV files easily enough, but all the programs I have used output all the sound as stereo and/or my denon amp determines the sound of the split file as only mutli channel NOT the original which was Dolby atmos, DTS X etc. Does anybody know a program that can split my movie files but still keep the original sound?? thanks for your time and patience g :)

Can you mention which 10 tools you have already tried?

Have you tried Handbrake free software?

Maybe VLC also has options to do what you need I'm not sure.

thankyou so much, will try these solutions, so far I have tried
bandicut
movavi video editor
kdenlive
HDVIDEO CONVERTOR FACTORY
VSDC video editor
videoproc convertor
ffmpeg
leawo
winx hd

bandicut
movavi video editor
kdenlive
VSDC video editor
videoproc convertor
ffmpeg
leawo
winx hd
thanks so much everybody!! A program called handbrake worked, changing the audio to TrueHD passthru in handbrake kept dolby atmos, yay!! :)

thanks so much everybody!! A program called handbrake worked, changing the audio to TrueHD passthru in handbrake kept dolby atmos, yay!! :)
I have used handbrake a lot. It's a gem. And free, to boot.
Never thought it would be the one for your purpose.

bandicut
movavi video editor
kdenlive
VSDC video editor
videoproc convertor
ffmpeg
leawo
winx hd

Try avidemux.It has option to copy audio as original.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back