Sony A95K TV Owners & Discussion Thread

It’s not about me or you. Power saving mode objectively makes PQ worse and it has been proven.

If you like this mode, you can. It just calls your credibility as an FM and guiding people into question.
Ok i just got an oled and read this. Shoud i disable power saving mode or whatever its called on my lg oled?

Ok i just got an oled and read this. Shoud i disable power saving mode or whatever its called on my lg oled?
Congratulations! yes, you should disable power saving mode and there are few other standard settings that you may want to disable like sharpness, motion, noise correction etc in order to get natural PQ and not have those settings ruin the overall experience. You may want to take a look at the settings suggested by rtings for the TV and then tune them up on top to your likings. Enjoy some great content!

Hey Guys,

If someone is in the middle of warming up and setting up their A95K. I want an opinion. I'm referring to the rtings settings for A95K. I've done some basic settings so far. However, not replicated the ones with whit balance. Again, I'm not sure how much difference I'll be able to make out with just the perception but I shall be giving white balance settings a try after I watch a few movies and then I may re-watch some content to see if there has been a difference.
Let me know if you end up doing any such settings and find any significant differences to share here. Thanks.

that makes no sense lol. Power saving mode does a lot more than just making it dimmer.

You could have turned down the brightness instead (OLED light in LG) if you just had troubles with bright light.

There is absolutely no reason to ever turn on energy saver. The mode is only there to pass EU energy ratings.
Even i keep my G1 on powersaving mode when i am watching youtube or some mundane sdr content so as to prevent the brightness from going down too soon as my tv is used for quite a few hours by family on a daily basis. Does it helps in anyway or should i keep powersave off all the time

Even i keep my G1 on powersaving mode when i am watching youtube or some mundane sdr content so as to prevent the brightness from going down too soon as my tv is used for quite a few hours by family on a daily basis. Does it helps in anyway or should i keep powersave off all the time
If you’re worried about brightness, just keep brightness down in SDR rather than powersave.

Power saving mode destroys the picture quality and processing.

So I've noticed something unusual on my TV. I'm in the settings - About - status screen and I noticed that the Uptime timer for the TV keeps going even when the TV is switched off and in standby mode. Is this correct behavior ? Also , at night while the TV is switched off , I've heard the On/off sound a few times , what's that about ?

I've read thar we shouldn't be switching off the TV from the main Power source , so I'm not doing that at the moment , but I'm wondering whether this is okay or not.

Also , How do we check the usage hours for this TV?

Last edited:
Also , at night while the TV is switched off , I've heard the On/off sound a few times , what's that about ?
That's just the OLED pixel refresh cycle happening . This is why we shd not turn off from wall. This is normal I have watched some videos about it so nothing to worry. Other questions others can answer

Only 65 inch model is available. Current prices are between 2.38-2.42 after cashback and if you consider NCE closure then its for 2.27-2.31

For the folks already using the TV, do you feel the need for a Soundbar?

My content will be Purely Movies/OTT. For Music I am looking at a compact stereo setup.

Hi guys, for those of you who wall mounted A95, did they bundle official Sony wall mount SU-WL855?
No they did not. Its some cheap RD brand fix wall mount.

My content will be Purely Movies/OTT. For Music I am looking at a compact stereo setup.
No tv can match a soundbar. Id suggest you samsung q990b, seems the same is going for about 70k after cashback

I have a 7 yr old Philips Soundbar with an external Subwoofer which costed me about 25k when I bought it . The Tv sound comes nowhere close to the Soundbar, and even for Music it's amazing , i.ve even used it for some parties and it's been great , especially with the external Subwoofer. I would highly recommend a soundbar with an External subwoofer. Doesn't have to be a highly expensive one, I'm quite happy with how much value for money I've got from it.

I also have a Denon Soundbar with an inbuilt Subwoofer for my other TV which I recently bought for 15k which is also quite good and much better than the standard TV speaker, but I prefer my Philips one for some reason.

No tv can match a soundbar. Id suggest you samsung q990b, seems the same is going for about 70k after cashback
I have a 7 yr old Philips Soundbar with an external Subwoofer which costed me about 25k when I bought it . The Tv sound comes nowhere close to the Soundbar, and even for Music it's amazing , i.ve even used it for some parties and it's been great , especially with the external Subwoofer. I would highly recommend a soundbar with an External subwoofer. Doesn't have to be a highly expensive one, I'm quite happy with how much value for money I've got from it.

I also have a Denon Soundbar with an inbuilt Subwoofer for my other TV which I recently bought for 15k which is also quite good and much better than the standard TV speaker, but I prefer my Philips one for some reason.
Thanks for the feedback guys. It is time for me to audition the Soundbars.

My TV will be wall mounted. The only pain for me now is the sound bar thickness cannot exceed 3". anything beyond this, it will be projecting out of the wall. When I saw the Yamaha YAS-109, I liked it purely for how slim it was. Any options in similar size. Budget less than a Lakh. Ruled out Samsung because it was bulky. The day I was at the store, price quoted was 70K

Is the built-in microphone working for you guys?
I have turned on the physical microphone button, but it still doesn't respond to voice commands.
I read on reddit that the functionality seems to have been broken in one of the updates,
but wanted to check if it's working for anyone here.

Is the built-in microphone working for you guys?
I have turned on the physical microphone button, but it still doesn't respond to voice commands.
I read on reddit that the functionality seems to have been broken in one of the updates,
but wanted to check if it's working for anyone here.
I don't see anyway to use the inbuilt mic. There.s just an option to set mic sensitivity. The mic on the remote is working perfectly though.

I don't see anyway to use the inbuilt mic. There.s just an option to set mic sensitivity. The mic on the remote is working perfectly though.
The manual says that as soon as you turn on the physical mic switch on the side of the TV, there should be a prompt to switch to the internal mic.
But no matter how many times I toggle the physical mic switch, nothing happens.
Not sure, if this is pending firmware update like the camera gesture features.

As owner of C9, i have switched off screen under powersaving menu whilst listening to only news or music or audio only content. Ofc, don't use high option for regular content. It will look dim.

Folks, I have got a question if someone can help.
I was using Sony WH-L600 headphones for movie watching during night hours to not disturb others around. This is a wireless headphone with the transceiver, it can connect to the source with HDMI or Optical port. It was working alright when I was using only the TV+mediaplayer to play the content, I just used to select audio output from 'TV speakers' to 'Audio System' and my headphones would be ready to go.

I recently opened my AVR, speakers to connect to the new TV after long time. This is Marantz SR6013 that I have now connected to eARC port on A95K now and Optical output from the TV is still connected to headphones.
Now when I go to audio output settings on TV it has only two options here - 'TV Speakers' and 'Audio System'. With this addition of AVR, the Audio system option sends the audio always to AVR, with AVR connected, I'm no more able to get the audio out from Optical out port on the TV when I want to use the headphones.
With the LG OLED it was slightly better, I had more than couple of options where the sound output can be selected for 'Optical port' output exclusively, which I'm not finding here on Sony.
Any ideas how I can configure it to send the audio output to Optical port on the A95K itself when AVR is also connected!
TIA.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back