Sony A95K TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Ketan

Hey Folks, I have just booked Sony A95K, awaiting delivery over next couple of days time. I'm sure there are many who are buying this master series this festival season and many who already did. I remained confused between LG G2 and A95K during the purchase phase and eventually decided to stretch the budget quite some to get the best TV to watch HDR movies/TV this year. I hope, the decision provides great experience without losing the peace of mind on being wrong or right with it.

I'd like to see if we can start talking about the optimum calibration settings for various purposes, how are you setting it up, what are the other AV accessories that you're combining etc. and making best out of this unit. Hoping to see more owners joining as delivery starts and looking forward to learn from all of you.
=====================
Sony XR-55A95K & XR65A95K

Next generation picture and sound with Cognitive Intelligence

Take vision and sound to the next level with Cognitive Processor XR™. Our revolutionary processor on Sony BRAVIA XR™ TVs reproduces content the way humans see and hear for an incredibly lifelike experience. It understands how the human eye focuses, cross analysing images to give real life depth, extraordinary contrast and beautifully vivid colours.

Our widest palette of colours, natural and bright
The new OLED(QD-OLED) panel enables our widest palette of colours, thanks to Cognitive Processor XR™. This unique processor reproduces the natural shades and hues that humans find beautiful, filling the screen with consistently vivid colours and realistic textures at all brightness levels.

Enjoy real life depth with pure blacks and brighter colours
Pairing our XR OLED Contrast Pro and OLED(QD-OLED) panel, this TV delivers up to 200% as much colour brightness as conventional OLED TVs, bringing scenes alive with pure blacks and our brightest colours. Powered by Cognitive Processor XR™, it enhances pictures in the same way as your eyes focus so you won't miss a single detail in dazzling light or deep shadow.

Musician in a concert playing the violin with sound waves

Screen is the speaker, pictures and sound in harmony
Acoustic Surface Audio+™ uses special actuators to turn the screen into a multi-channel speaker. You'll hear sound that precisely matches what’s on screen with pictures and sound in total harmony for a truly immersive experience.

Discover new ways to enjoy TV with BRAVIA CAM
You're always in the best seat in the house with BRAVIA CAM. It recognises where you're sitting and optimises the picture and sound accordingly. There's also gesture controls, video chat and many other fun, new experiences waiting to be explored.

Hands-free help from Google
With hands-free voice control built into Google TV, you can set aside your remote and simply use your voice to control your TV. Ask Google to find a specific title, search by genre, and get personalised recommendations on what to watch by saying, "Ok Google, what should I watch?". Even get answers on screen, control smart home devices, and more.

Dual Style - made to fit your lifestyle
This TV has been designed to work in two different styles. The Front position style with One Slate design offers the most immersive experience possible, while the Back position style sets the TV close to the wall for optimum room harmony.

Graphic showng Front position style for immersive viewing

Front position style
Graphic showng Back position style for room harmony

Back position style

XR Picture

Split screen close up of fruit including berries and peaches showing colour enhancement with XR Triluminos Pro+

Our widest spectrum of colours, beautiful for the human eye
This new OLED(QD-OLED) TV with millions of individual, self-illuminating pixels delivers more colours than ever before for an entirely new viewing experience. Combined with Cognitive Processor XR™, the saturation, hue and brightness of every colour is presented in exquisite detail, revealing subtle shades and differences that you can usually only see in real life.

Brightest colours and pure blacks for real-life depth
XR OLED Contrast Pro powers our OLED(QD-OLED) panel so you can enjoy true contrast with the brightest colours. With a temperature sensor and heat diffusion sheet for dissipating heat, this OLED TV utilises our Cognitive Processor XR™ to detect screen temperature and precisely control light, delivering up to 200% as much colour brightness as conventional OLED TVs.
Close up of the feathers in a bird

Recreating lost texture, all your content upscaled to 4K
With XR 4K Upscaling, you'll enjoy entertainment close to 4K quality, whatever the content or source. Our Cognitive Processor XR™ accesses a vast amount of data, intelligently recreating lost textures and detail for real world pictures.

Intelligent motion processing for smooth, fast-moving action
Powered by our Cognitive Processor XR™, XR OLED Motion combats blur by detecting and cross analysing key visual elements on successive frames. It creates and inserts extra frames between the original ones so you can enjoy smooth and clear action, even in fast-moving sequences.
Image of woman on skateboard at skate park

Split screen image of wall mounted TVs with screenshot of blue crater in orange rock showing true colours from all sides

Beautiful colours from every possible angle
Watching TV from the sides has never been so satisfying. Our next generation self-illuminating OLED(QD-OLED) panel on the A95K keeps constant luminance. Colours stay consistent and true across all viewing angles.

Less glare and reflection, immersive viewing
Glare and reflection makes it hard to see images clearly, especially in dark scenes where depth and detail are often hidden. With extremely low reflectivity of outdoor light, our OLED(QD-OLED) panel reduces this effect for incredible brightness, colour and contrast in almost any lighting conditions. Dive into the scene and enjoy immersive viewing without distraction.
Comparison of screens showing hilltop town at night with and without low reflectivity

XR Sound

Image of soundwaves from TV with Acoustic Surface Audio+

Screen is the speaker, powerful sound matches pictures
Sound comes directly from the screen with Acoustic Surface Audio+™. Large actuators vibrate, uniquely turning the entire screen into a speaker to create powerful acoustics that move with the picture so you hear a more realistic soundtrack with exceptionally clear and natural dialogue. Left and right subwoofers boost bass for truly immersive cinematic sound at home.

More powerful, more realistic soundtracks
The two large actuators on the A95K, designed with a perfectly round shape, deliver more powerful and realistic sound to everything you watch. By vibrating the screen, the actuators create clearly defined mid and high frequencies for a truly engaging audio experience that matches what's on screen.
Close up of actuator vibrating screen to create sound

Best with Sony audio

Paired with Sony audio equipment, our latest BRAVIA XR TVs go even further, bringing you an unmatched audio-visual experience with outstanding XR picture and sound quality.
Image of couple in living room watching BRAVIA TV with Acoustic Center Sync

Acoustic Center Sync
When you connect a BRAVIA XR TV to a Sony soundbar, the soundbar reinforces the centre speaker channel for clearer and fuller vocals. This enables sound to precisely match on-screen action for a truly immersive experience.
Image of man in living room watching BRAVIA TV with 360 Spatial Sound

Ready for 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer
Tailor your Dolby Atmos® experience by combining our SRS-NS7 wearable speaker with BRAVIA XR™ for spatial surround sound. With selected Sony headphones, you can also enjoy the simulated surround of 360 Spatial Sound using Wireless Transmitter WLA-NS7 (sold separately).17

Voice Zoom™ 2 enhances voices for clearer dialogue
Hear TV dialogue more clearly without turning up the volume. Even if speech is difficult to hear, Voice Zoom 2 detects the type of voice, analyses it and enhances its clarity.

BRAVIA CAM

The optimal viewing experience, wherever you are

Connect your BRAVIA XR TV with the supplied BRAVIA CAM and enjoy TV like never before. BRAVIA CAM recognises where you are in the room and how far you are from the TV, then adjusts sound and picture settings so they're just right. This means audio - including dialogue - is clearer and more immersive with picture brightness tailored to your viewing environment.

Every picture, optimised to your position in the room
Detecting the distance between you and your TV, BRAVIA CAM adjusts TV brightness so you’ll always enjoy perfect picture quality, no matter where you are in the room. A light and colour sensor in the TV optimises pictures to light conditions for the best possible viewing experience.

The ideal sound experience from anywhere
BRAVIA CAM follows you and your position, even if you are watching from the sides, then adjusts left and right sound balance for optimum acoustics. Wherever you are in the room, you'll enjoy the same sound quality as if you're sitting right in front of the TV.

Hear voices clearly, no matter where you are
By detecting your viewing distance, BRAVIA CAM is able to adjust voice zoom automatically so you can hear dialogue clearly. The volume of TV dialogue increases when you move away from the TV and decreases when you get closer.

Discover new ways to enjoy TV with BRAVIA CAM
Explore an array of fun new TV experiences with BRAVIA CAM including gesture controls, video chat and many more.

Graphic showing a child watching TV from close up and a child watching another TV from further back

Proximity Alert
Proximity Alert allows you to set a recommended viewing distance for your child and alerts you if they get too close to the TV.
Graphic showing a person controlling TV by gesture control

Gesture Control
Gesture Control enables you to change channels, adjust volume and more using simple gestures, no remote required.
Image of person watching BRAVIA TV with another image of person walking away from BRAVIA TV showing how screen darkens with Auto Power Saving Mode

Auto Power Saving Mode
Auto Power Saving Mode optimises your power consumption by darkening the screen automatically when you are not in front of the TV.

Enjoy video chat with friends and family on the big screen
Catch up with your friends and family on the big screen. Enjoy more fun when you pair your TV with BRAVIA CAM.

Easy to connect, easy to close
Attaching and detaching the supplied BRAVIA CAM to your BRAVIA TV is quick and easy. Use the camera cover switch on top of BRAVIA CAM to close the camera cover if you want more privacy at any time.

Smart TV Features

What you want to watch, all in one place

Easily access all your favourite content and services hands-free. See 700,000+ movies and TV episodes, all in one place. Google TV brings your favourite content from across your apps and subscriptions and organises them just for you.

Easily control your smart home
Use your voice to control smart home devices throughout your home. Adjust room temperature, lighting, and more - just ask Google.

Supersize your smartphone favourites
Quickly and easily enjoy your favourite videos, photos, games and more from your iOS or Android devices on the big screen.

Simple and premium remote, easy to use even in darkness
We've completely redesigned our remote for effortless control of your TV, day or night. Our new premium remote is easy to use, with simplified buttons and a backlight so you can see everything clearly, even in the dark. Designed compact in aluminium, this remote has a beautifully refined look and is comfortable to hold in the hand too.

Easily find your lost remote with your voice
Never lose your remote behind sofa cushions again. With the Finder function, you simply need to say ''OK Google, find my remote'' or press the button on the side of your TV to activate your missing remote. The remote will ring and flash, enabling you to quickly locate it.

Easy to wipe, always stays clean
Designed with a flush surface featuring lower buttons and a special polyurethane coating, our remote is easy to wipe and keep clean. All buttons are specially coated with antibacterial material.

Control all your devices with one smart remote
All your connected devices can be controlled with our smart remote. One button access to video on demand services brings shows and movies into your room in seconds.

Design

Dual Style - made to fit your lifestyle

This TV has been designed to work in two different styles. The Front position style with One Slate design focuses you on the screen for the most immersive experience possible without distractions. The Back position style allows you to set the TV very close to the wall so it harmonises perfectly with your room.

Close-up image of Metal Flush Surface design

Metal Flush Surface for immersive viewing
The premium metal bezel is extremely narrow so your eyes naturally focus on the picture, not what's around it.
Rear image of TV showing cable management

Clutter-free, all-round beauty
Cable holders keep wires neatly hidden so your television stays free of clutter and looks good from the front, the sides and the back.

Even more studio quality entertainment, as the creator intended
With a range of technologies that preserve the creators intent including an enhanced array of Creator Calibrated Modes, IMAX Enhanced and Dolby Vision®, this TV reproduces all the drama and excitement of the director’s imagination. And as it’s Calman Ready, creators can even professionally calibrate it for use in production edits.

Watch Netflix in studio quality, automatically optimised
Enjoy Netflix content in spectacular studio quality, just as the creator intended. Developed specifically for Netflix content, Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode works together with the ambient light optimisation feature of BRAVIA XR TV to immerse you in your favourite shows by optimising the picture brightness based on your room lighting conditions.

Optimising pictures for all your favourites
Enjoy more content as the creator intended. With BRAVIA CORE Calibrated mode, all movie including IMAX Enhanced™ titles will automatically adjust to the optimal picture settings to create a truly exceptional at-home movie viewing experience.

Sony has got one TV in its product line thats going to match its hype and thats A95k triluminous OLED(QD term is preferred by Samsung and TCL). But i still prefer the WRGB or evo panels as i was able to see some sub pixel colouration in sub titles when i went to see it in a showroom. That does not matter as picture quality was otherwise mind-blowing.

Sony has got one TV in its product line thats going to match its hype and thats A95k triluminous OLED(QD term is preferred by Samsung and TCL). But i still prefer the WRGB or evo panels as i was able to see some sub pixel colouration in sub titles when i went to see it in a showroom. That does not matter as picture quality was otherwise mind-blowing.
Are you basing your decision based on that experience of yours? That experience where you could see sub pixel coloration in subtitles? I have read and watched many reviews about this TV so far but I have not heard anyone talking about this being a problem. Can that be a one off instance or you missing on some facts? This would be a good thing to start the discussion if you can bring more light to it since we now have many folks owning this unit and can try to verify, share and help others make informed decision.
WOLED is still a great tech and has been matured by now. It'd be safe and easy to remain with WOLED if you donot have appetite for taking risk for that edge that you get in terms of color volume with QD-OLED unit like this one. There's no harm, it's a wise decision for many and highly depends on the use-case.
I have compared it with G2, in a showroom, not even in an audition room and I see very clear difference in with the HDR/DV content where G2 was overflooding the details with too much white brightness, only certain places in the content, while A95K has natural looking colors. The skin-tone and some other areas on G2 looked very warm while with the A95K looked way natural and sharper with more details visible. Both the TVs were on standard settings and no specific cal-settings. I'm not saying this since I have put my money down on one. I'm saying this what I have observed clearly and I feel many other reputed reviewers did that too. Sony is surely better PQ while LG is better value for money. However, this thread may benefit more from the Sony specific discussion rather than starting LG vs Sony.

Last edited:
Are you basing your decision based on that experience of yours? That experience where you could see sub pixel coloration in subtitles? I have read and watched many reviews about this TV so far but I have not heard anyone talking about this being a problem. Can that be a one off instance or you missing on some facts? This would be a good thing to start the discussion if you can bring more light to it since we now have many folks owning this unit and can try to verify, share and help others make informed decision.
WOLED is still a great tech and has been matured by now. It'd be safe and easy to remain with WOLED if you donot have appetite for taking risk for that edge that you get in terms of color volume with QD-OLED unit like this one. There's no harm, it's a wise decision for many and highly depends on the use-case.
I have compared it with G2, in a showroom, not even in an audition room and I see very clear difference in with the HDR/DV content where G2 was overflooding the details with too much white brightness, only certain places in the content, while A95K has natural looking colors. The skin-tone and some other areas on G2 looked very warm while with the A95K looked way natural and sharper with more details visible. Both the TVs were on standard settings and no specific cal-settings. I'm not saying this since I have put my money down on one. I'm saying this what I have observed clearly and I feel many other reputed reviewers did that too. Sony is surely better PQ while LG is better value for money. However, this thread may benefit more from the Sony specific discussion rather than starting LG vs Sony.
I told in my post the picture quality is mind blowing. Infact the subtitles dont matter as only some movies require it as i know Tamil, English, Hindi and Russian (i learnt Russian and stayed in Russia twenty years ago in my early twenties for a year and a half and so I dont use Russian content in English subtitles that much) so leaves me with only a few content with subtitles which is not a deal breaker. But i did notice some colour tint. Not saying thats a big issue as picture quality is really good with colour brightness. However my preference is WRGB or evo. Thats an individual choice. Where did i mention LG vs Sony? You only have brought it up. By the way dont use unnecessary provocative terms as basing it on that "experience of yours" and your "reputed users" clearly told that they themselves based it on their observation alone. Double standards can be avoided. You were the one who asked me to answer when someone else had mentioned about bad panels. I am not understanding your habit of picking me up vehemently.

Last edited:
I told in my post the picture quality is mind blowing. Infact the subtitles dont matter as only some movies require it as i know Tamil, English, Hindi and Russian (i learnt Russian and stayed in Russia twenty years ago in my early twenties for a year and a half and so I dont use Russian content in English subtitles that much) so leaves me with only a few content with subtitles which is not a deal breaker. But i did notice some colour tint. Not saying thats a big issue as picture quality is really good with colour brightness. However my preference is WRGB or evo. Thats an individual choice. Where did i mention LG vs Sony? You only have brought it up. By the way dont use unnecessary provocative terms as basing it on that "experience of yours" and your "reputed users" clearly told that they themselves based it on their observation alone. Double standards can be avoided. You were the one who asked me to answer when someone else had mentioned about bad panels. I am not understanding your habit of picking me up vehemently.
On the other thread, I was trying to calm down guys who were picking at you. However, only after a few posts of yours, I've started to realize why they were mad at you. First of all, you should not have mentioned about sub-pixel coloration in the subtitles or some corner of a Russian subtitle if its not so significant. If its not a problem why would you want to bring it up and create such argument on penny things? If it's significant enough to be mentioned here on this thread, please get the complete details and don't just write something for the sake of it. I see the same pattern on what you write, your knowledge of different languages, your Russia trip, your requirements on different language subtitles, its not relevant nor you're clear on what you want to convey with that.
You have still not provided enough information about the panel issues you mentioned on that other thread and now come up with issues with sub-pixel coloration on subtitles. I find it more amusing than informative. I usually don't react like this but hey I don't get to interact special ones that frequently either.

Last edited:
On the other thread, I was trying to calm down guys who were picking at you. However, only after a few posts of yours, I've started to realize why they were mad at you. First of all, you should not have mentioned about sub-pixel coloration in the subtitles or some corner of a Russian subtitle if its not so significant. If its not a problem why would you want to bring it up and create such argument on penny things? If it's significant enough to be mentioned here on this thread, please get the complete details and don't just write something for the sake of it. I see the same pattern on what you write, your knowledge of different languages, your Russia trip, your requirements on different language subtitles, its not relevant nor you're clear on what you want to convey with that.
You have still not provided enough information about the panel issues you mentioned on that other thread and now come up with issues with sub-pixel coloration on subtitles. I find it more amusing than informative. I usually don't react like this but hey I don't get to interact special ones that frequently either.
This guy kept his CX OLED on power-saving mode for about 2 years now which actually destroys image quality objectively and doesn't notice that.

Now he suddenly starts to notice subpixel-level artefacts on a TV he has an agenda against, which I'm sure he just read on some comment on a forum and not in reality 🤣

Again, I did not say panal issues and you have to ask the one who did and he also said he impulsively reacted. Sub pixel, i found the tinge of colours and i just mentioned what i saw in the showroom and i added its not important too and i also mentioned thats not important to me either. These are discussion boards and you just have to discuss on these issues. Not take on someone.

Last edited:
This guy kept his CX OLED on power-saving mode for about 2 years now which actually destroys image quality objectively and doesn't notice that.

Now he suddenly starts to notice subpixel-level artefacts on a TV he has an agenda against, which I'm sure he just read on some comment on a forum and not in reality 🤣
Power saver mode was kept because i had an eye infection and i had it at medium which was good for me. I dont have any issue with A95k. But i will wait for the next year as it is in infancy. The guy who said panel issues and put it down was an id starting with "pr".

Power saver mode was kept because i had an eye infection and i had it at medium which was good for me
that makes no sense lol. Power saving mode does a lot more than just making it dimmer.

You could have turned down the brightness instead (OLED light in LG) if you just had troubles with bright light.

There is absolutely no reason to ever turn on energy saver. The mode is only there to pass EU energy ratings.

that makes no sense lol. Power saving mode does a lot more than just making it dimmer.

You could have turned down the brightness instead (OLED light in LG) if you just had troubles with bright light.

There is absolutely no reason to ever turn on energy saver. The mode is only there to pass EU energy ratings.
I beg to defer. I will set only what i prefer in my TV. Your settings you may do so in yours. If it makes no sense to you, how should i care.

I beg to defer. I will set only what i prefer in my TV. Your settings you may do so in yours. If it makes no sense to you, how should i care.
It’s not about me or you. Power saving mode objectively makes PQ worse and it has been proven.

If you like this mode, you can. It just calls your credibility as an FM and guiding people into question.

Let's not get sidetracked , why don't we just discuss which settings we each prefer over here.

To start with , I have found the base settings for each Picture mode to be too bright for sure , sometimes I have been watching regular content like youtube even on minimum brightness and I've never found the TV to be too dark even on this setting. I mostly watch TV in a dark room at night , and also I've had Lasik done about 10 yrs ago , so my eyes are slightly sensitive to light. I am still playing around with settings quite a bit and I keep adjusting settings while watching , but one thing I've noticed is that Peak Luminance has a stronger effect on brightness than the brightness setting itself. I could be wrong though. I usually settle at a Brightness setting of between 20 to 30.

Most of my usage has been Gaming on the Nintendo Switch, just watched a single movie so far , that was on the Bravia Core app , which was amazing. The clarity in dark scenes is just great and it's all I could have asked for from a TV. I have also connected my Ps5 and a Philips sound bar to the TV. The Sound bar is connected via HDMI arc , so it's all very seamless. I've not used the PS5 at all so far on this TV, I don't really have any games to play on it ATM. Both my Nintendo Switch and Ps5 have Hdmi CEC switched on , so whenever I turn them on , the TV and the Sound Bar turn on automatically.

Anyone else watching content in a dark room here ? I'm keen to know your thoughts and what settings you are using.

Last edited:
Let's not get sidetracked , why don't we just discuss which settings we each prefer over here.

To start with , I have found the base settings for each Picture mode to be too bright for sure , sometimes I have been watching regular content like youtube even on minimum brightness and I've never found the TV to be too dark even on this setting. I mostly watch TV in a dark room at night , and also I've had Lasik done about 10 yrs ago , so my eyes are slightly sensitive to light. I am still playing around with settings quite a bit and I keep adjusting settings while watching , but one thing I've noticed is that Peak Luminance has a stronger effect on brightness than the brightness setting itself. I could be wrong though. I usually settle at a Brightness setting of between 20 to 30.

Most of my usage has been Gaming on the Nintendo Switch, just watched a single movie so far , that was on the Bravia Core app , which was amazing. The clarity in dark scenes is just great and it's all I could have asked for from a TV. I have also connected my Ps5 and a Philips sound bar to the TV. The Sound bar is connected via HDMI arc , so it's all very seamless. I've not used the PS5 at all so far on this TV, I don't really have any games to play on it ATM. Both my Nintendo Switch and Ps5 have Hdmi CEC switched on , so whenever I turn them on , the TV and the Sound Bar turn on automatically.

Anyone else watching content in a dark room here ? I'm keen to know your thoughts and what settings you are using.
Thanks for sharing. I'm not an expert but I shall try to give some inputs soon. I have found that I used to start with isf-dark mode and then tune a few settings on top of that with my LG OLED. I feel, I'd try not to go very high on brightness with this TV either as I'm also going to watch mostly during night hours. I have heard/read about the custom settings to be very well suited for movie and most color accuracy. DolbyVision Dark is another mode that I thought I'll try out and tune if further to see if that returns the best results to watch in a dark room.
I understand that when you are watching Bravia Core content, you can't really choose the mode, it picks up something (IMAX Enhanced!) on its own.
Let us know what are the different modes you tried and specific settings that worked for you. I'd also try settings proposed by rtings or other professional calibrators to see how that goes.
Also, have you tried with the calman app? I read some folks using it to get some help on calibration settings.

Some questions:
Should I use the v-guard Digi-200 that I have used in the past with this TV, AVR and media player as well? Or should I look at something better? I have got frequent power-cut issues in my area and then in a few seconds the whole things moves to DG backup. I was thinking of using a decent line interactive UPS if that does same as stabilizer and bit more? I understand that UPS would also bring in cost, maintenance, noise etc.

Should I pair this with Shield pro or ATV4K (one gen older than the recent one). I'm thinking of using a media player over the native TV apps here. I may use it only for something like Bravia Core (assuming I wont find that on other platform). I'm inclined towards using shield pro since it's going to give me bit more flexibility on playing bdrips.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I'm not an expert but I shall try to give some inputs soon. I have found that I used to start with isf-dark mode and then tune a few settings on top of that with my LG OLED. I feel, I'd try not to go very high on brightness with this TV either as I'm also going to watch mostly during night hours. I have heard/read about the custom settings to be very well suited for movie and most color accuracy. DolbyVision Dark is another mode that I thought I'll try out and tune if further to see if that returns the best results to watch in a dark room.
I understand that when you are watching Bravia Core content, you can't really choose the mode, it picks up something (IMAX Enhanced!) on its own.
Let us know what are the different modes you tried and specific settings that worked for you. I'd also try settings proposed by rtings or other professional calibrators to see how that goes.
Also, have you tried with the calman app? I read some folks using it to get some help on calibration settings.

Some questions:
Should I use the v-guard Digi-200 that I have used in the past with this TV, AVR and media player as well? Or should I look at something better? I have got frequent power-cut issues in my area and then in a few seconds the whole things moves to DG backup. I was thinking of using a decent line interactive UPS if that does same as stabilizer and bit more? I understand that UPS would also bring in cost, maintenance, noise etc.

Should I pair this with Shield pro or ATV4K (one gen older than the recent one). I'm thinking of using a media player over the native TV apps here. I may use it only for something like Bravia Core (assuming I wont find that on other platform). I'm inclined towards using shield pro since it's going to give me bit more flexibility on playing bdrips.
So I've tried a few settings from Rtings and also from some other sites and reviewers , haven't settled on anything as yet. Dolby Vision dark or bright is only applicable when the content supports it. Also , for Bravia core Calibrated mode , you can switch it on or off , but if you switch it on you can't adjust any settings, and the brightness is set to Max in the ON setting. Haven't tried the Calman app yet but I might consider it in the future.

Regarding Media , I just use the apps on TV , and I've connected a Lan cable from the router to the TV directly, so I get the full speed of my connection, not sure if i want to buy an external streaming device yet.

I'm using a Belkin Spike guard currently. We have an inverter at home , but if lights go the TV shuts off and comes on again , but this inverter is for the whole house so maybe a dedicated inverter will work better , not sure about that.

This is really weird. According to rtings even 24 was too dim they felt.

Last edited:
This is really weird. According to rtings even 24 was too dim they felt.
Ya even I found it weird. Even now , I'm watching basketball in a completely bright room , curtains open and all that , with Brightness set to 15 and Peak Luminance at Medium and its the perfect level. That's why IMO Peak Luminance is almost as important a setting as Brightness.

Ya even I found it weird. Even now , I'm watching basketball in a completely bright room , curtains open and all that , with Brightness set to 15 and Peak Luminance at Medium and its the perfect level. That's why IMO Peak Luminance is almost as important a setting as Brightness.
I'll be getting my set in a few weeks and will share my impressions too.

But definitely never expected that brightness being too high will be a problem lol with an OLED.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back