Lossless streaming solution for apple music

Probably buy a USB dac , and then from NUC --> DAC --> AVR.
I tried this after Tidal and it sounds good enough , though I would rate myself more of a listener of music rather than equipment. It makes quite a difference if the content is curated for India.
Thanks for the suggestion but right now there is no way of getting apple lossless on windows platform which is my nuc

Agree, I wasn't aware of it, I was playing via Chromebook + Apple Music and assumed the same for Windows.
How are you getting lossless on chromebook? Is it via apple music android app (since they can now be cross-installed on Chromebook)

Does Apple music support lossless on Chromecast? I know that lossless+ hires lossless are supported on airplay 2.

Will Apple music lossless work on iphone 4se. How do I connect it to my USB dac. I also have a Pi4 with volumio on it for Tidal.

Will Apple music lossless work on iphone 4se. How do I connect it to my USB dac. I also have a Pi4 with volumio on it for Tidal.
It wont work most probably because of old os...i have an ipad air and it can only be updated to 12.x. The apple music app doesn't have the lossless music option. Also I cannot even install tidal on it because of again os restrictions.

apple has purposefully locked out old devices to force people to buy new ones

Apple is making us jump through hoops to enjoy lossless music.
Looks like it is time for me to junk apple service and embrace tidal.
Yes if only tidal connect would start controlling the PC app all my problems will be solved or if spotify finally launches its hifi service...right now I have taken subscription for all 3 tidal apple music and spotify

spotify - best collection, amazing spotify connect the best, no hifi :(
tidal - lacks post 2k bolly songs, no desktop control for PC app, good collection and high quality
apple - good collection and great curated playlists, lack of support of hires on PC

Tidal connect on volumio I found it little buggy with software volume control not working 100% of the time. There is too much lag in browsing and making track selections. If only my eyesight were sharper and if I could see my laptop screen from 10 feet away none of these issues will bother me.

You can install android apps on Windows 11, should be possible to get Apple Music in such way.

I am yet to jump on Windows 11, anyone using can confirm if this can be done.

Can you confirm the bitrate you are getting... Is it restricted to 16/44 like android or are you getting bit perfect output?
My DAC shows 48 consistently not 44.1, and Apple shows 24/48 ALAC for masters. No other information on my little DAC. :) . What do you see ?

My DAC shows 48 consistently not 44.1, and Apple shows 24/48 ALAC for masters. No other information on my little DAC. :) . What do you see ?
Then it is being restricted... It should be able to do 24/192...can you check for hires lossless song what to you get? And what for just lossless

Then it is being restricted... It should be able to do 24/192...can you check for hires lossless song what to you get? And what for just lossless
Android is restricted to 48. All 44.1 upsampled to 48, as well as 192 downsampled to 48.
This is not a issue for me, all Indian music seems to be at CD quality.

Android is restricted to 48. All 44.1 upsampled to 48, as well as 192 downsampled to 44.
This is not a issue for me, all Indian music seems to be at CD quality.

Yes that's what I was wondering as I can already get CD quality through Chromecast from tidal... Thanks for sharing through... I was hoping that Chrome os can avoid android downsampling but seems that is not the case

Yes that's what I was wondering as I can already get CD quality through Chromecast from tidal... Thanks for sharing through... I was hoping that Chrome os can avoid android downsampling but seems that is not the case
Tidal and Apple libraries are different. Tidal has very few NEW Indian albums. Apple has them in lossless format. If it matters to you, depends on what one listens.

Tidal and Apple libraries are different. Tidal has very few NEW Indian albums. Apple has them in lossless format. If it matters to you, depends on what one listens.
Yes that's what I had mentioned that at this point each service has pros and cons... When not on tidal I tend to use spotify due to amazing spotify connect and I am yet to find anything on apple music that is not on spotify

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back