Lost my Cowon

srramanujam

Lost my Cowon D2. Stolen from office,alongwith Ultimate Ears headphones and a brand new (2 days old) 32 GB card.

I wish atleast the guy who stole it can appreciate the priceless music stored in it.

and the amazing sound quality from that combo ..... i guess your going to upgrade to a s9 sooner or later :cool:

Lost my Cowon D2. Stolen from office,alongwith Ultimate Ears headphones and a brand new (2 days old) 32 GB card.

I wish atleast the guy who stole it can appreciate the priceless music stored in it.

Sorry to hear. How did it get stolen from office?

Regards

Ramanujam - sorry to hear that! I hope you had a backup of your music. So what is your next step?

Ramanujam, can understand your feelings-my Transcend MP3 player got pickpocketed a few months back on the Delhi Metro.
Which replacement are you planning?
Do share.
Kamal

Sorry to hear you lost such a nice combo:(. Yes, I hope you have backed up your music and playlists. I lost a few playlists once and although I created new playlists, I am sure I have missed some songs.

Sorry to hear that ram. Seems like you had a bad begining to your new office.
I hope you'll be able to get it back.
All the best.
Cheers

So sorry to hear that. To cheer you up come to think of that now you have the chance of buying something new with most probably better feature and SQ.

I lost mine Cowon D2 about the same time last year, along with my Sennheisser
Iems. Lost a whole lot of music I had on it, which I hadnt backed up as my Pc was bust at that time :sad:
Not only that, the guy who stole it took my Canon S3IS camera, 2 ,memory cards, and htc charger, along with camera bag.:mad:

Got a camera a few months back, quite an expensive replacement as I graduated to an SLR.
Now its almost a year and I am trying to get a Sansa Clip plus, as I dont have the budget for a D2 again. The sansa might match it on SQ and file support and certain features, but not on battery life or screen size! I have a Beta Brainwavz Iem I bought recently to pair with it.

Thanks for the replies. They make me feel better about having lost the Cowon. The music though is still intact in the backup, thank God for the small mercies.

My heart still beats for D2 - Its sound quality, touchscreen, expandable memory. I would probably still go for it. Asit had done a lot of research on the earphones and thats the thread i am going to read before i choose the earphone.

The toughest is going to be the 32 GB card. I scored the streets in Bombay and couldnt get it. Finally managed to buy it in Malaysia. Next trip out is not any sooner, so i have to wait it out.

Any other suggestions for the player. Zune and Sony seem like a good bet, bu the Cowon still seems ahead in size and SD card slot. Will appreciate any suggestions.

Ahh....that sounds sad. That's the reason why I keep my MP3 player always in sync with my lappy. I don't wanna loose my invaluable music collection at any cost.
For a replacement, you can consider the Sony MP3 player (NWZ A818) along with the Koss Porta Pro headphones. I am telling you, this combination will very soon make you forget your beloved ex player and make you dance to the tunes of this combo! :yahoo:

Sorry to hear Ramanujam, D2 was one player i wanted to get. Get any player that can be rockboxed. It makes a great difference. BTW, i have a sony NWZ E438F, anyone with any idea how to make it play flac.

:sad: Sad news ! Losing property is always a shocker.The only way to get past it is buy something better or you will always miss it.
The initial pinch is there but guess thats the only way.

I stumbled on a clearnce sale of Cowon D2+ - 16 GB version at 6999. Even less than amazon prices.

Have ordered one and will have to wait till tomorrow to get it in my hands.

Ditto for 32 GB SD card. The last piece left is the in ear phone, thats my task at hifi vision now. Looking for something other than Ultimate Ears. The UE phones were great but were one size large formy ears.

The music is intact in my hard drive (that too in the 320 kbps version).

Licking my lips for tomorrow.

I stumbled on a clearnce sale of Cowon D2+ - 16 GB version at 6999. Even less than amazon prices.

Have ordered one and will have to wait till tomorrow to get it in my hands.

Ditto for 32 GB SD card. The last piece left is the in ear phone, thats my task at hifi vision now. Looking for something other than Ultimate Ears. The UE phones were great but were one size large formy ears.

The music is intact in my hard drive (that too in the 320 kbps version).

Licking my lips for tomorrow.

Hey, thats a great comeback! Good for you!:yahoo:
Headphones, dont worry, we ll find something good for you!
Head direct Re0?

My new Cowon D2+ is loaded with music now. Am listening to it with the stock ear phones and have to choose the new earphone quickly.

Some tips please - I have zeroed in on RE0 and Klipsch S4 (thanks to the thread of Asit). Can the Cowon drive RE0 and does RE) really lack bass ( i listen to Indian classical music about 65% of the time). Since the earphones contribute very very significantly to SQ, i dont mind spending a bit more if there is adequate value for that money.

I used an Ultimate Ears Superfi 5 before, it now costs around 9K. While i loved the SQ, the phones were a bit too big for my ears. Any alternative that has the same SQ?

Also, how is the experience of ordering with Lynx, the disclaimers in his site are scary.

Regards

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back