low balling by forum members after confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me tell you something,
so far I have bought I think 4 items off the Forum and it has always been pleasure and absolute trust.

Just couple of jerks are always there to spoil the party

Send them a middle finger GIF and move on

Let me tell you something,
so far I have bought I think 4 items off the Forum and it has always been pleasure and absolute trust.

Just couple of jerks are always there to spoil the party

Send them a middle finger GIF and move on
Don't you think it is appropriate.

Life goes on if you show the middle finger, may be you feel happy at the moment when you show the middle finger.. There is no difference between you and other side party...

Who talk about the decorum and difference between the olx and this forum will not do this.

You are not going to loose a penny if you are not replying too.

There is always other side stories to think about.

I totally didnt understand the point of this thread.
Its purely between the seller and buyer. Also I dont understand why people are talking without looking at the aforementioned lowballer/member's post.
Not to offend the OP, but if you think that was lowballing I am sure you havent seen enough ;). I mean atleast there was no financial transaction involved before u realized that the deal wasnt going as per your expectations.
Believe me bro, there are really hopeless conversations and totally pathetic negotiations going on, its totally between buyer and seller, if you feel like you are being cheated better report the person to the mods directly.
I bought 4 or 5 items from our forum members, even while buying I had some hiccups about negotiations from sellers, but its totally understandable and like others said above, its natural human behavior. Also, none of the sellers blocked/reserved the item before a small amount of advance, everyone that I dealt with asked for a token amount to reserve the product which is refundable if you dont take the item.
Anyway, sorry if my post has offended anyone. I dont usually respond but after seeing some harsh statements made by other respected members towards the buyer I couldnt stop.
I request others, please have a look at the posts of the buyer and then respond.

Request Mods to close the thread to stop further discussion, if possible.

Stay Safe & Cheers

Last edited:
Don't you think it is appropriate.

Life goes on if you show the middle finger, may be you feel happy at the moment when you show the middle finger.. There is no difference between you and other side party...

Who talk about the decorum and difference between the olx and this forum will not do this.

You are not going to loose a penny if you are not replying too.

There is always other side stories to think about.
Sometimes pestering could be really horrible, for someone who is trying to trick I believe its fair to show them the way out.

There are always two sides to a story and only the two people involved know what transpired between them.
Each is right in his own way and you cannot get the other person to agree with you as rightly mentioned by @captrajesh .
This is my take without offence to anyone....
1. The product should have been checked for its working condition before posting.
2. The important word is Reserved and not Sold.
3. Anybody has the right to withdraw his offer irrespective of trust and forum etiquette since all of us don't follow all the rules in life.
Case e.g.
Recently forum member put his Kimber cable for sale.
After contacting him, he informed me the cable is 'Reserved'.
He mentioned that if the sale does not go through, he would revert back to me which he did.
The point is - he was aware that a buyer can change his mind for various reasons best known to him until payment has been made.

So it is always recommended to look at both sides of the story.
The OP has taken it positively and he has learnt his lesson. Let him decide if he wants to close the thread.
Cheers.

Last edited:
First rule of any market: ‘A contract, even verbal, is binding’. Without it, no marketplace can exist. There are mechanisms (ebay’s for example) to get the best bid/bargain before contracting.

Appreciate your effort at defusing the situation. But couldn’t help pointing this out.
While this is the august principle of contract but I have seen some Sellers choose convenience a preference over the already made contract. I think its somewhat reasonable since they are not professional traders and stuff is heavy and prone to damage during transport.
Likewise many buyers are impulse buyers and inexperienced.

I am not a big fan of the reservation business unless its a buyer known to me.
When i sell something, whoever pays the money first gets the item.
Usually when i Sell something, its because i no longer need the item and want it gone. Getting a good price is not the first objective.
I have had too many people block items and then disappear. Once you block an item, the onus is on you to chase the buyer and get the payment.
I barely have enough time to sell items in the first place. it is not worth my time to follow up with random strangers for payment which i am entitled to in the first place

While this is the august principle of contract but I have seen some Sellers choose convenience a preference over the already made contract. I think its somewhat reasonable since they are not professional traders and stuff is heavy and prone to damage during transport.
Likewise many buyers are impulse buyers and inexperienced.
See your point - the added familiarity that the forum provides can make room for some informality in the exchange, including room to accommodate unforeseen factors. However, for that to happen, there needs to a valid cause and an open communication between the two parties, leading to an agreed understanding. If such an effort doesn’t yield results, the parties need to respect the original contract as there’s no arbitration mechanism available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a big fan of the reservation business unless its a buyer known to me.
When i sell something, whoever pays the money first gets the item.
Usually when i Sell something, its because i no longer need the item and want it gone. Getting a good price is not the first objective.
I have had too many people block items and then disappear.
Yes Blocking also holds back other interested buyers from giving offers.

Honestly this thread ought to be closed now.

Both OP and the interested person have put across their views. This should have been dealt at a PM level surely or just pick up the phone and ring each other. Im sure its quite rare here that someone has wrong intentions, so lets always hear each other out and not land up with assumptions.

Ive had some beautiful experiences here dealing with fellow FMs so much so Ive made decisions based on how some sellers have interacted. I try and be as gentlemanly as possible to ease the transaction and this has lead to something beyond the sale which is contact and friendship in many cases.

Cheers !

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back