low balling by forum members after confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are all kinda people in the world ( And in the forum too).

A crisp and curt dressing down should suffice. Such low balling means he's simply fishing. No commitment to buy.

I suggest no need to get disturbed or annoyed with such people.

Because as Clarke Gable famously said.

".....frankly my dear we shoudn't give a damn......"

The guy again contacted me,its a joke ,he is .still sending same offer.
What's best way to handle?
Yes,still same,bit of surprise
I'm amazed you're surprised. This is normal human behavior that gets reported and complained about on this site all the time.

I would like to create a new term "Stalkballer"

Now, if someone is harassing or spamming you, that is another story. That kind of behavior, whether from a low-baller or other, should not be tolerated. If someone is doing that I'd take it up with HFV folks to get that account revoked.

After all, you make the choice in your own mind to let it bother you or not. Choose to ignore it and move on. Why let it spoil your day by getting riled up?

I'd like to create another term, too.
Noballer: The guy who gets all teary-eyed when he gets a low offer... :D

Oh wow. Just saw this thread. Here am I , the culprit , guilty as charged.

Yes threads like these do take a lot of footage as I can evidently see.

Anyway - my side of the story (long and short of it ) - yes I had asked FM Krell to block the item in question (priced 5.5k) late at night and within a time period of less than 12 hours had responded that I felt the price quoted was high and gave my offer.

If Krell has lost potential buyers within that time span of 12 hours I’m sincerely sorry. I only responded with what I felt was a fair offer , not a low ball.

Previously I had bought items from other FMs including Drkrack and never had such an issue.

Anyway , its all upto 12 Angry Men to ‘Hang Me , Oh Hang Me’.

Adios.

It’s your decision to name him or not. But if you did, it doesn’t amount ‘being fragile in life’. And if you ‘got worked up’ at this incident happening, it’s normal/human and understandable too.

Though such behavior is common human behavior, The platform like HFV are run on principle of common good and deals have more to do with helping each other than commercial benefit. Hence genuine behavior is expected from FMs and deals are expected to be honored. Mind you, we are not on OLX!

Hence such behavior sometimes riles up genuine members and it's normal to get agitated. It's good behavior on part of @krell to update FMs on such incident. It should be welcomed and not looked down upon. Good Faith is driving engine of community like ours.

Oh wow. Just saw this thread. Here am I , the culprit , guilty as charged.

Yes threads like these do take a lot of footage as I can evidently see.

Anyway - my side of the story (long and short of it ) - yes I had asked FM Krell to block the item in question (priced 5.5k) late at night and within a time period of less than 12 hours had responded that I felt the price quoted was high and gave my offer.

If Krell has lost potential buyers within that time span of 12 hours I’m sincerely sorry. I only responded with what I felt was a fair offer , not a low ball.

Previously I had bought items from other FMs including Drkrack and never had such an issue.

Anyway , its all upto 12 Angry Men to ‘Hang Me , Oh Hang Me’.

Adios.
If asked for blocking an item the seller would obviously assume the price is agreed upon.

But, It's neither uncommon to have second thoughts nor it's an offence. May be a more delicate way of communication could have avoided this blow up.

dear members and audio friends, today i got a very good lesson from one of our forum member, he agreed for my sale price and requested me to reserve the item for him, so i made my sale post as "reserved for one of our forum member.
now the same guy asking me to reduce the price for 40%, i dont know why any one behaves like this, this kind of behavior is not acceptable in our forum,
so my lesson is without taking any advance please donot modify your sale post.
thanks
Been through this before, these guys are not regular members who post on this forum, they are just here to buy stuff that members sell in this forum, they treat this platform like olx :mad:

Its better you name the guy so i can avoid him when i sell my stuff in the future.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot for everyone for expressing their openions.
I have expressed my experience, and i have never mentioned the persons name or identity.
Its better we can close our openions in this thread .
Thanks everyone for understanding.

Here's a radical concept - ignore them.

I can't understand why people get so worked up about insignificant things that are beyond their control. Obviously the lowballer doesn't take you seriously, so why should you take them seriously?

OR deal with it however you chose. Just keep it to yourself and the low baller please.
Exactly my thought. Nothing wrong until he paid only half of the money and took your item and vanished.

Been through this before, these guys are not regular members who post on this forum, they are just here to buy stuff that members sell in this forum, they treat this platform like olx :mad:

Its better you name the guy so i can avoid him when i sell my stuff in the future.

Cheers.
There are guys who treat this place like olx for selling too. I personally know few before I joined this forum from chennai. But end of the day as long as no fraud is involved I don't think reselling isn't a sin as it gives an opportunity for people outside metros to have something good while the forum member can make quite some cash for an upgrade. Most people who resell here would be careful about stuff they sell due to their reputation and buyers can confidently rely them over the olx guys.

Perhaps the OP might also care to explain why he made the sell post in the first place when he himself wasn’t sure that the device was in working condition. Yes it’s true.

Once I blocked the item he said he would check if the item is working !!!

If I wanted I could have made a grievance post myself at that time like the OP did and make a mountain out of a molehill.

But then I guess we all have different maturity level and sense of etiquette and priorities.

Amen.

Chillout guys! Shit happens sometimes.
Yes Very Well said.
I had an equally opposite issue: once a buyer posted an item in Sale thread. I responded immediately and asked him to reserve it for me, He responded that its yours and no need to reserve etc, and he will share the Account details. I pinged him thrice in coming 48h, he responded saying he'll share the details and hi-res pictures, only to see it "Marked Sold" after 2 days. Apparently, It was sold to someone else. He stopped answering to my messages. As long as financial transaction hasn't happened I don't think its logical to give importance to such things.

Whether its HFV or Audiogon, the classifieds section is a Market at the end of the day & Rules of Market apply. Buyer might realize that he's paying more, or seller might realize he's selling for less at any point during the sale. There's no need to get too worked upon, use due diligence and avoid posting if you can't handle such turmoils. Unfortunately we don't have any way to record buyer/sellers feedback mechanism in the forum.
Once I blocked the item he said he would check if the item is working !!!
I admire your honesty, but That might be a part of routine checklist being executed (especially for an item not being regularly used) before selling the product to a fellow FM. I do check the item before posting and almost always before packing it for a courier & record a working video if its a high value item. It shouldn't be bothering at all, what matters is how you interpret it & what's the chance of item in question getting faulty.

Whether its HFV or Audiogon, the classifieds section is a Market at the end of the day & Rules of Market apply. Buyer might realize that he's paying more, or seller might realize he's selling for less at any point during the sale.
First rule of any market: ‘A contract, even verbal, is binding’. Without it, no marketplace can exist. There are mechanisms (ebay’s for example) to get the best bid/bargain before contracting.

Appreciate your effort at defusing the situation. But couldn’t help pointing this out.

All are Humans.... Laughed on seeing some members post just by reading the first post alone and not followed the whole thread after the accused withdrawn/lowballed buyer came in and posted in this thread.

Even ebay has option of retracting the offer and later can lowball the offer. Just you should have cool & peace and of-course patience when you are selling second hand goods which may or not fetch your proposed value once it is rebranded from new to old. There is no fixed price for used goods.

Be happy at end of day once you are able to change the hands. Wherever Olx or HFV sale section is same concept. Be safe.

No harm.

Regards

The guy again contacted me,its a joke ,he is .still sending same offer.
What's best way to handle?
Just reply and tell him that the item is Sold. If he still irritates you, warn and tell him, that you will expose him in the forum, for the moderators to pursue further action

Just reply and tell him that the item is Sold. If he still irritates you, warn and tell him, that you will expose him in the forum, for the moderators to pursue further action
The seller has already responded couple of Posts back.

Will request mod to close the thread further posts. Matter has been resolved and most of the FM are very well aware of precautions while buying and selling.....may be both are on same place considering their deal perspective and now unnecessary suggestions and opinions from FM may change the purpose of thread..........

To all those who responded on this thread:

The seller and buyer contract on platforms like HFV and Audiogon is based on a certain implicit trust in seller’s evaluation of pricing as well as buyer’s commitment, unlike generic platforms like Ebay or OLX.

Based on that implicit trust , I (it could have been anybody ) had in a blind requested to block the item only to find, after some net research , and that too within 12 hours , that price quoted was quite inappropriately high. What was then low ball to seller was only a fair counteroffer for the buyer.
Perspectives, gentlemen. If the request to block without verification was inappropriate, it was only because HFV fostered such implicit belief in member’s forthrightness for the former. If it’s a lessen learnt for the seller , it’s a lesson learnt for the buyer too.

And yes , it has been a most unnecessary post created by the OP. Request mods to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back