Low profile HT

OledPhile

Hi FMs,

I recently bought a 65 LG OLED tv and now looking for a decent sounding HT for more immersive experience. I stay in Mumbai and the apartments here are not so big so I need something which is low profile in size but still delivers big solid and excellent audio. Can you suggest something That suits my need? Budget is around 50-70k. Surround speakers are a must.

Check this package and see if it fits.

Reviews

I don't know their prices, but Telome of Mumbai has had high praise on this forum.
telomeaudio.com

Check this package and see if it fits.

Reviews
Speakers are good and small but the AVR is quite big in size are there any compact AVRs available in the market?

Speakers are good and small but the AVR is quite big in size are there any compact AVRs available in the market?
Marantz NR series are slimline.
Also look at surround systems from Polk Audio. Some of them don't need an AVR.
Cheers,
Raghu

Marantz NR series are slimline.
Also look at surround systems from Polk Audio. Some of them don't need an AVR.
Cheers,
Raghu
Sure will look at that. What speakers would go best with NR1609, I am looking for Dolby Atmos low profile speakers.

If you need Atmos and room correction, then AVR is a must.
NR16xx series are nice. I have a non-Atmos version at 50Wpc.
In my setup, the fronts are Monitor Audio cubes, an old B&W center and an old Onkyo sub.
Yet to hook up the surrounds.
Cheers,
Raghu

Don't settle for 5.1 speaker package, they often come with not so good subwoofer.. Instead choose to buy a 5.0 speaker package.. This will give you the advantage of adding powerful subwoofer of your choice now / later..

Can you suggest something That suits my need? Budget is around 50-70k. Surround speakers are a must.

Any 5.1 AVR for 30K or less.. Denon / Marantz / Onkyo / Pioneer / Yamaha are some choices to consider..

There are some very good 5.0 speaker package for 20K, which come with floor standers (FS).. If you can accommodate FS, then consider Taga 406/506 on amazon.in / hifimart / or any other e-commerce site for 20K budget..

If you can't accomodate 5.0 package with FS, then consider Taga inmove 5.0 speaker package.. Last time i saw it was around 25K..

You may then add a sub-woofer in your remaining budget (or) by adding some more to your budget..

If you need Atmos and room correction, then AVR is a must.
NR16xx series are nice. I have a non-Atmos version at 50Wpc.
In my setup, the fronts are Monitor Audio cubes, an old B&W center and an old Onkyo sub.
Yet to hook up the surrounds.
Cheers,
Raghu
Is there anything slimmer than NR series? Also I want the upward firing combo with front speaker - do you know any with low proflie?

Is there anything slimmer than NR series? Also I want the upward firing combo with front speaker - do you know any with low proflie?
Marantz NR has the slimmest profile.
HT experts can suggest about upfiring combos
Cheers,
Raghu

Consider 3072in Home Theater system of YAMAHA
Price 46,500.00 in Amazon India.
  • 5-channel powerful surround sound
  • HD Audio with CINEMA DSP
  • YPAO™ sound optimisation
  • Bluetooth with Compressed Music Enhancer
  • HDMI® (4 in / 1 out) with Dolby Vision™ and Hybrid Log-Gamma
  • 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling
  • Audio Reture Chenal (RCA)
  • 1 USB port in AVR so you enjoy MP3 music.

Consider 3072in Home Theater system of YAMAHA
Price 46,500.00 in Amazon India.
  • 5-channel powerful surround sound
  • HD Audio with CINEMA DSP
  • YPAO™ sound optimisation
  • Bluetooth with Compressed Music Enhancer
  • HDMI® (4 in / 1 out) with Dolby Vision™ and Hybrid Log-Gamma
  • 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling
  • Audio Reture Chenal (RCA)
  • 1 USB port in AVR so you enjoy MP3 music.
I want Dolby Atmos.

Onkyo has cheap upfiring speakers. Others are from elac and Klipsch but they are pretty expensive AFAIK

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back