Lumin x1 new addition

sanj

Hi friends eventually bought new Lumin X1 streamer cum DAC after so much head scratching, reading many forums and taking users feedback very much confused in selecting between P1 and X1.🤔

It just completed hardly 50 hours of playing but sounding excellent,although Lumin has recommended for 500 hours of running in for best sound.
I am using it as streamer cum DAC functionally..very happy for this buy. Will keep you all posted my impression...it has replaced my current R2R Metrum accoustics Jade DAC and Amber streamer.. eventually Metrum will be sold after some time.😊

View attachment 80927IMG_20231007_160120.jpgView attachment 80927

Attachments

• IMG_20231007_161543.jpg
    IMG_20231007_161543.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20231008_120756.jpg
    IMG_20231008_120756.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 50
Hi friends eventually bought new Lumin X1 streamer cum DAC after so much head scratching, reading many forums and taking users feedback very much confused in selecting between P1 and X1.🤔

It just completed hardly 50 hours of playing but sounding excellent,although Lumin has recommended for 500 hours of running in for best sound.
I am using it as streamer cum DAC functionally..very happy for this buy. Will keep you all posted my impression...it has replaced my current R2R Metrum accoustics Jade DAC and Amber streamer.. eventually Metrum will be sold after some time.😊

View attachment 80927View attachment 80930View attachment 80927
Excellent....will be very difficult to better a well optimised streamer dac combo like the X1.

In due course of time, in case your goodselves rig up a fiber network to feed the X1, please do share the components you have used. All the best and enjoy :)

Excellent....will be very difficult to better a well optimised streamer dac combo like the X1.

In due course of time, in case your goodselves rig up a fiber network to feed the X1, please do share the components you have used. All the best and enjoy :)
Thanks..sure will update you..my planning is to add Lumin L2 in next 3 to 4 months which already includes optical input and output connection along with ethernet switch .
My set up is Speakers JBL 4367 , tube integrated amplifier Cronies Magnum 2,Solid state power amplifier EAM lab Element 302,Roon Nuc ,all cables from Furutech, NBK static stabliser with surge protector and pure sine wave,audiolab CDT

Thanks..sure will update you..my planning is to add Lumin L2 in next 3 to 4 months which already includes optical input and output connection along with ethernet switch .
My set up is Speakers JBL 4367 , tube integrated amplifier Cronies Magnum 2,Solid state power amplifier EAM lab Element 302,Roon Nuc ,all cables from Furutech, NBK static stabliser with surge protector and pure sine wave,audiolab CDT
Excellent choice :)

Your setup must be sounding sublime :)

I was infact about to suggest the L2 as a integrated Nas cum Network switch. Ive been looking for reviews of the L2, but havent come across any so far. Will fondly look forward to your listening impressions once you receive it :)

Excellent choice :)

Your setup must be sounding sublime :)

I was infact about to suggest the L2 as a integrated Nas cum Network switch. Ive been looking for reviews of the L2, but havent come across any so far. Will fondly look forward to your listening impressions once you receive it :)
Sound is very subjective thing my dear friend..yes to me my setup is sounding good ..very happy with it.

One thing I missed to mention..thanks Allegra audio ,our forum friends Sameer,Sameerk and Yeraaditya for their feedback in selecting this great machine X1.😊

Hi friends
Just want to update..now X1 running in completed about 120 hours ,today I am listening to it from last one hours and what to say it's sounding magical,can't believe so much change happened, now I am a firm believer in Lumin burning in, initially I was quite bothered about it's initial sound as base was not sounding great it was muddy and not defined but it improved alot in every aspects of sound like micro and macro details, holographic images now able to listen many new cues in recording which earlier I were not... hope it will further give me some surprise after more running in..very happy for this buy 😊😊

Hi friends
Just want to update..now X1 running in completed about 120 hours ,today I am listening to it from last one hours and what to say it's sounding magical,can't believe so much change happened, now I am a firm believer in Lumin burning in, initially I was quite bothered about it's initial sound as base was not sounding great it was muddy and not defined but it improved alot in every aspects of sound like micro and macro details, holographic images now able to listen many new cues in recording which earlier I were not... hope it will further give me some surprise after more running in..very happy for this buy 😊😊
Enjoy :)

I got a Lumin U1X this April. Have only put in about 20 hrs so far. At this rate, it will take me 3 years to just burnin the damn thing.

Looking at the improvement your goodselves are witnessing, maybe I should just roast it on the stove 🤣

Enjoy :)

I got a Lumin U1X this April. Have only put in about 20 hrs so far. At this rate, it will take me 3 years to just burnin the damn thing.

Looking at the improvement your goodselves are witnessing, maybe I should just roast it on the stove 🤣
I can help you here sir.. I will happily burn in your U1X for free.. I will bear even the electricity expenses myself. You just have to courier it to my address.. Its a win win deal for you...

I can help you here sir.. I will happily burn in your U1X for free.. I will bear even the electricity expenses myself. You just have to courier it to my address.. Its a win win deal for you...
Pandit ji ..good one

Haha...your ears are definitely better than mine. Most folks seem to be hearing improvements as equipment runs in. And both electronics and transducers probably benefit from it. Atleast thats the majority opinion on the net.
I think it depends on equipments. As I have not experienced so much changes in my previous equipments as I am experiencing with Lumin x1..in my previous gears weather it was cables or speakers or Metrum accoustics DAC, streamer so much change I never observed so I also didn't observe major changes after burning in but this is really a new experience ..may be due to some components in Lumin X 1 need long running in 🤔.

From where did you buy Lumin gear?
I am also looking to add Lumin U2 or U2 mini steamer to my Luxman DAC and integrated amp

congrats sanjay !!!
A do it all streamer dac combo ... hard to beat this one .. you will do a lot of time with this one ( if if you try anything else .. u will come back to the X ) . . Hope you swapped to the SFP after the last discussion ..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back