To implement fibre optic for x1, I have used these parts:

1. SG95-24 Cisco switch
2. GLC-LH-SMD sfp module - 2 qty
3. LC to LC single mode duplex fibre optic patch code

To implement fibre optic for x1, I have used these parts:

1. SG95-24 Cisco switch
2. GLC-LH-SMD sfp module - 2 qty
3. LC to LC single mode duplex fibre optic patch code

Rather than using ethernet all the way to the streamer, do you see any noticeable improvement in doing this? Also, when doing the conversion to SFP signal from our normal RJ45, does it remove the electrical noise completely and there will be data stream free of noise? Is there any chance of the already present noise being passed to an optical format as well? Or will it work like an isolation transformer in an electric circuit?

Pardon my ignorance, getting more and more confused when reading about these.

Hi samirk,
Whether u are extending internet through WiFi for Lumin X1 or ethernet wire from service provider is coming upto Lumin X1

Rather than using ethernet all the way to the streamer, do you see any noticeable improvement in doing this? Also, when doing the conversion to SFP signal from our normal RJ45, does it remove the electrical noise completely and there will be data stream free of noise? Is there any chance of the already present noise being passed to an optical format as well? Or will it work like an isolation transformer in an electric circuit?

Hi,
During conversion from Ethernet to SFP, signal voltage above a certain limit( more precisely above electrical noise level voltage ) are only being converted to optical. Hence electrical noise signal are totally isolated from SFP conversion.

Hi Sanjeev
I am extending fibre optic cable from sg95-24 to x1. Its approx 5 meter cable
Thanks
No no my say is whether Internet wire coming to ur house is near Lumin X1 or it is coming in some other room and u r wirelessly extending it near Lumin X1

No no my say is whether Internet wire coming to ur house is near Lumin X1 or it is coming in some other room and u r wirelessly extending it near Lumin X1
Hi

internet wire from provider coming in the same room but away from x1 approx 10 feet. So I extend it to Lumin through fiber patch cable

Hi Miany

sorry but I ran Ethernet connection to x1 for very few days so can’t exactly figure out noticeable difference. Secondly all components in
My new system is new so burning in going on. Once new system settles down, I will do comparison between Ethernet and sfp.

but based on reviews that saw online , there is definitely noticeable improvement in sq.

I may answer it as my LuminX1 Used for more than 1000 hours.
In SFP only instrument/ vocals can be listened. In SFP soundstage is very wide and deep. Until u listen both can’t be expressed in words. Before using SFP ie when using Ethernet everything was good but once when I attached SFP , then I realised how much noise I was listening through ethernet( even my Ethernet was SOTM ISO dCBL .)

Hi
Samir & Sanjeev

Do you recommend any isolation feet/pod for X1 & it’s power supply?
Hi,
Sorry for late reply. I took Isoaccoustics Orea Bronze under X1 but there was no change in sound signature so removed it and put it under pre amp, it showed improvement.
I am also using Heimdell 2 power cable with X1 power supply and have its effect immediately noticeable.It is very difficult to express in words but very pleasurable in listening.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back