Luxman L 2 vs Luxman L 10

Amateur_Audiophile

HI

I have a option to buy L2 for around 35K and L 10 for around 80K.
Please suggest if any of above is good buy at that price.

Speakers are Heresy 3.

Both of these have been discontinued for over 4 decades if I am correct. I hope you know the seller well, I hope you can somehow verify internals are all intact, I hope you can test these out.

HI

Speakers are Heresy 3.
Get the L10 and never sell it.Its got more power and apparently dual mono inside and very rare.

If not get the L5 or L4

Do make sure its serviced by someone trusted as these are old.

L2-L5 usually sells for around 150-250 Euros . not sure of L10.

L10 price is fine. Certain parts in L10 are however not obtainable any more.

You are hand carrying them or someone getting it for you ?
In case you have plans to ship them to india, be careful about the Shipping Damage to Product and Customs damage to your Bank.

In case you have option to buy L20 just got for it, its a monster .

L2 and L10 are not worth for the money you have mentioned, they are pretty old vintage amp and you could buy only if you are fine to fix them in case something goes wrong later.

HI

Speakers are Heresy 3.
Luxman L series are nice looking amps. Sound very sweet. They have excellent phono stages. I have had few luxmans in the past.
Recently i have got an L3 model in excellent original condition with the help of FM friend who also got an L85v model from the same seller.
I paid 15k and another 2k for shipping.
Here the pics IMG-20220104-WA0175.jpgIMG-20220119-WA0290.jpg

I had an opportunity to listen L10 at a friends' place at Kolkata, a dual mono beauty. The music through a Technics 1200 TT via the L10 - Melody from that evening still haunts me. Superb stuff. Speaker was Tannoy Glenair 10. Luxman and Tannoy combo is a killer

Last edited:
Luxman L series are nice looking amps. Sound very sweet. They have excellent phono stages. I have had few luxmans in the past.
Recently i have got an L3 model in excellent original condition with the help of FM friend who also got an L85v model from the same seller.
I paid 15k and another 2k for shipping.
Here the pics View attachment 66328View attachment 66329

The wooden top looks so nice. Great acquisition Shafic.

You are hand carrying them or someone getting it for you ?
In case you have plans to ship them to india, be careful about the Shipping Damage to Product and Customs damage to your Bank.

In case you have option to buy L20 just got for it, its a monster .

L2 and L10 are not worth for the money you have mentioned, they are pretty old vintage amp and you could buy only if you are fine to fix them in case something goes wrong later.
it wil be carried as checkin luggage.
not able to find L20. I am also worried about parts getting defunct, many parts not available now.

As far as I understand the L10 is in a completely different league from the other vintage Luxman models. Hilberink considers it among the top 2-3 Luxman models. I have heard similar praise for it from other knowledgable guys. The L11 is also very good. And so is the laboratory model.

I was in the market for a L10 for nearly 8-9 months. I spoke to several guys world over. But couldn’t find one that I thought would be a reliable performer. I was keen on buying it from Hilberink but he too couldn’t source one for me. So I finally dropped the idea.

I was in the market for a L10 for nearly 8-9 months. I spoke to several guys world over. But couldn’t find one that I thought would be a reliable performer. I was keen on buying it from Hilberink but he too couldn’t source one for me. So I finally dropped the idea.
As far as I understand the L10 is in a completely different league from the other vintage Luxman models. Hilberink considers it among the top 2-3 Luxman models. I have heard similar praise for it from other knowledgable guys. The L11 is also very good. And so is the laboratory model.
+1 It rubbed off on me too and tried the same Routes but could not find a reliable source. The L10 is a Dual mono and if you can find it its the Amp to buy. you may not want to upgrade your amp as long as that baby is alive !

I found one (fully functional, never repaired) L 10 for around 80K and one L 410 for around 60K. just trying to find which one will be a better buy and are they worth it since in probability, once they go defunc, repairing wont be an option.
As mentioned by Prem the L10 is a fantastic buy... If you get it , its a keeper but needs to be tested once by someone reliable considering its age.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back