Luxman L 2 vs Luxman L 10

i never sell or buy anything on olx.

I was in the market for a L10 for nearly 8-9 months. I spoke to several guys world over. But couldn’t find one that I thought would be a reliable performer. I was keen on buying it from Hilberink but he too couldn’t source one for me. So I finally dropped the idea.
I found one (fully functional, never repaired) L 10 for around 80K and one L 410 for around 60K. just trying to find which one will be a better buy and are they worth it since in probability, once they go defunc, repairing wont be an option.

Between L2 and L10 it would be L10. Some points to consider:
1. It is serviced or restored. At this price, L10 better be restored or at least recapped. Otherwise, IMHO it is not worth that much as a restoration will COST you.
2. It has 2 DML ICs which do go bad. The originals are not available but there are 3rd party substitutes but those cost around 80 GBP. Does the L10 have the 2nd gen of DML of Luxman (which do not fail) or the substitutes. If the DML are original ones then do consider the cost of replacement.
3. The output transistors are sanken which are responsible for the famous sound of L10 but are now unobtanium. It will work with substitutes but that sound is lost. For me, this aspect is a deal breaker as in the absence of appropriate subtitute outputs, I cannot future proof an amplifier.

Hope it helps you in taking an informed decision.

Edit : Just saw your new post. As prem said, L10 but ...... as I said above.
Regards

As far as I understand the L10 is in a completely different league from the other vintage Luxman models. Hilberink considers it among the top 2-3 Luxman models. I have heard similar praise for it from other knowledgable guys. The L11 is also very good. And so is the laboratory model.
I had one L11. Not liked the sound signature.
As prem mentioned these are completely different from other vintage luxman models

Last edited:
I had one L11. Not liked the sound signature.
As prem mentioned these are completely different from other luxman models
I have not heard this series. But as Shafic mentioned it’s a very different sounding series from the traditional Luxman stuff.

Luxman models before 82 are considered better than ones made post 82. Here I am not talking about the recent models. L 410 is post 82, after Alpine took over. The L 10 is the last of the original Luxman models.

HI

I have a option to buy L2 for around 35K and L 10 for around 80K.
Please suggest if any of above is good buy at that price.

Speakers are Heresy 3.
Hi,
I have a L-210.It is sweet sounding.I think the company is no longer existing.

HI

I have a option to buy L2 for around 35K and L 10 for around 80K.
Please suggest if any of above is good buy at that price.

Speakers are Heresy 3.
I have a L-210.Sweet sounding and beautifully crafted.

Japan is 100 V. I would recommend to Never get anything which amplifies ( Amp/Pre/Phono) at any other voltage rating . step up/down transformer only deteriorates the sound.

Luxman L series are nice looking amps. Sound very sweet. They have excellent phono stages. I have had few luxmans in the past.
Recently i have got an L3 model in excellent original condition with the help of FM friend who also got an L85v model from the same seller.
I paid 15k and another 2k for shipping.
Here the pics View attachment 66328View attachment 66329
Please let me know the person address and phone number.
Mod: please do not put personal details .

Last edited by a moderator:
Luxman L series are nice looking amps. Sound very sweet. They have excellent phono stages. I have had few luxmans in the past.
Recently i have got an L3 model in excellent original condition with the help of FM friend who also got an L85v model from the same seller.
I paid 15k and another 2k for shipping.
Here the pics View attachment 66328View attachment 66329
Plz share the seller details, I want something as well

Japan is 100 V. I would recommend to Never get anything which amplifies ( Amp/Pre/Phono) at any other voltage rating . step up/down transformer only deteriorates the sound.
I have used and am using 100 v amplifier, never faced any downgrade in sound. I use step up/ down made in US and Japan ( maybe that makes the difference....)

I already have Luxman L3 and T4 (Tuner) and recently got Luxman L4 got mint condition from Germany. Best buy is L4 and L5 as these have pre out and all 3 sounds amazing . now looking for good a vintage speaker and this will be my 2nd system for vinyl listening

Last edited:
I already have Luxman L3 and T4 (Tuner) and recently got Luxman L4 got mint condition from Germany. Best buy is L4 and L5 as these have pre out and all 3 sounds amazing . now looking for good a vintage speaker and this will be my 2nd system for vinyl listening
Germany ebay or hand carried?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back