Luxman new SS integrates are coming out. Z-series.

Fro
The silent angel m1t is a good option in the budget category as a streamer, have been using it with matric mini pro 3 as dac and it does present a significant improvement in resolution and soundstage depth, special mention goes to the added openness and fluidity over the sotm sMS200 neo previously used, using mac mini as a roon core and tidal as the music service. You can look at other option like auralic aries G1.1 or sotm sMS200 ultra neo.
From where did you get silent angel m1t streamer and for how much?

I am presently using Polk Audio LSiM 707 tower speakers. These are 4 way speakers
These are 88db multi drivers which means they will need an Amp with drive.

One option would be to see if you can get change your speaker . Speakers from Magnepan to ATC can sound good with the Luxman. I think its easier to match a speaker to an amp than the other way around.( I confess to not having any experience with Polk Speakers )

I am a bit out of touch with modern components but if looking at an upgrade within global brands Pass Labs may be the easiest to recommend but am sure am leaving out so many more. There are many options but at the level of equipment you are playing with its not going to be an easy decision since small differences will be more pronounced.

Since you are based near bangalore one option is to Check out Acoustic Portrait. Siva is a solid Audio Engineer and FM @Nikhil has had a great experience with his ATC speakers

Last edited:
1. Cheapest fix will be your cabling. If you are using transparent audio or MIT that come with those built in networks, then better replace them with some basic cabling. I found they smooth out the sound a Lot.
2. Failing the above is your room over damped by any chance with a lot of absorption.
3. Failing the above, you can borrow some speakers with real bite like ATC or pmc and give it a try. Though i admit that iam not familiar with the sound signature of your speakers.
4. If you love the current speakers and want to retain them then add a power amp from hegel like the H20. This is half bite and half smooth. Neutral but not dry.
5. If you want even more bite than the hegel and less smooth. Then try naim or exposure power amps. Though hegel still has the best bass and dynamics among all these.

The hegel would not be a step down from the quality of the luxman in my opinion.

1. Cheapest fix will be your cabling. If you are using transparent audio or MIT that come with those built in networks, then better replace them with some basic cabling. I found they smooth out the sound a Lot.
2. Failing the above is your room over damped by any chance with a lot of absorption.
3. Failing the above, you can borrow some speakers with real bite like ATC or pmc and give it a try. Though i admit that iam not familiar with the sound signature of your speakers.
4. If you love the current speakers and want to retain them then add a power amp from hegel like the H20. This is half bite and half smooth. Neutral but not dry.
5. If you want even more bite than the hegel and less smooth. Then try naim or exposure power amps. Though hegel still has the best bass and dynamics among all these.

The hegel would not be a step down from the quality of the luxman in my opinion.
This appears to be a good idea to add an external power amp to Luxman 507ux and using the IA as preout only.
What are possible solutions to add 300 watt of twin mono or mono block power ampliers?

This appears to be a good idea to add an external power amp to Luxman 507ux and using the IA as preout only.
What are possible solutions to add 300 watt of twin mono or mono block power ampliers?
Actually the choice of amplification depends on your taste and the presentation you want 😜. Maybe best to start a new thread, so that more knowledgable folks can chip in with their recommendations 😀👍

If you are looking at more power/Bi amping etc then the Pre out is a great option ie add power amp from the same stable

If you are looking at the sound signature change not sure of it will help much because the pre plays a far more important role here than the power since it is higher up in the chain.

If you are looking at more power/Bi amping etc then the Pre out is a great option ie add power amp from the same stable

If you are looking at the sound signature change not sure of it will help much because the pre plays a far more important role here than the power since it is higher up in the chain.
The pre definitely has a larger say than the poweramp in the overall presentation 😁

For quite sometime I was looking to upgrade my Luxman gear. I have Luxman 507 ux and Luxman DAC DA06. The system has been working fine till today but now I feel a little saturated with overtly smooth, silky and rounded sound signatures of Luxman gear. I miss the grainy sound of my first Quad pre pro gear.
Will knowledgeable fellow members suggest if upgrading to Z series - either 507z or 509z would be a good choice. What are other alternatives?
I am also thinking of upgrading my iFi Zen streamer which I am using for playing spotify and music through external.HDD. since Luxman DAC DA06 is still fine what should be a logical upgrade as streamer bridge without internal DAC?
Why don't you start a new thread? This would be great question and might get more responses based on the thread title of wanting recommendations.

I think we today have the technology to make effecient class D amps, which can sound like class A or tubes or anything considered glorious out there. Iam guilty as charged for still using inefficient tube amps. So iam on the lookout for effecient class D amps next. I can add the colouration I need via a small signal tube either in the dac or preamp. Tube, class A and class AB technology is old and has been beaten to death. All the innovation is in the digital realm now. Iam hearing that the newer class D are fully digital based. We just feed the digital bits, and the amp does the amplification directly in the digital domain without any of the usual DA conversion. No esoteric power supplies or exotic cabling needed. And the first ones are already in beta testing. And they measure so damn good, that our beloved ASR will soon be retired 🤣🤣.

I think in the future I will need just one class D amp, with presets to make it sound whichever way I like.
prophecy fullfilled :)

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back