LVX 12 VS FVX12

Basically bass itself is low but after watching a lot of heavy action sequences and testing subs most just categorise it as low and mid to explain bass. Few I have tested usin REW rta and most heavy bass sequences are in the 30-50 region.
IF you are seeking the Slam (the hit on the cheast) for gunshots etc then you can try the PSA subs. PSA subs are generally known to produce very good mid bass, which are comparable to the legendary seaton submersives. As these subs use PA drivers, they have much better slam compared to other brands. If you feel the new models of PSA to be out of your budget, you can contact Mr.Parthasarathy (Surroundswar) for demo units. The last I spoke to him, he had 2 demo units of PSA V1800. These 18" ported subs are very good at mid bass though below 20hz is not their territory, but still, they will produce more than sufficient low frequency for you. Call him to see if you can demo this sub at his place. When I heard that sub, it was great. So, even you may like that sub.

IF you are seeking the Slam (the hit on the cheast) for gunshots etc then you can try the PSA subs. PSA subs are generally known to produce very good mid bass, which are comparable to the legendary seaton submersives. As these subs use PA drivers, they have much better slam compared to other brands. If you feel the new models of PSA to be out of your budget, you can contact Mr.Parthasarathy (Surroundswar) for demo units. The last I spoke to him, he had 2 demo units of PSA V1800. These 18" ported subs are very good at mid bass though below 20hz is not their territory, but still, they will produce more than sufficient low frequency for you. Call him to see if you can demo this sub at his place. When I heard that sub, it was great. So, even you may like that sub.
PSA I know they are extremely good when it comes to slam but it’s out of my budget. Also they are very huge and rythmik or Rel HT series may be more then enough for my low listening levels. I like the rythmik LV12F and yet to demo the RelHT1205. I’ll make my decision once I listen to the RelHT1205.

I feel the chase for better things will never end.
Thats a human nature we just want more and better always.
You have great subs, most of common people won't even invest in. Enjoy them, enjoy the steup you have and stay away from YouTube and forums. Its like a quicksand, just when you think your getting out, you sink in more.

Did you home demo the HT1205?
I was very much interested with this but lost interest after the recent price hike. It costs 105000 now so with discounts somewhere around 85k. I had two budget categories for my sub upgrades. 1.5-1.6L for duals and shortlisted LV12F,L12.HT1205 but with the hike 1205 was out of this bracket. Next was 2.5L for duals and shortlisted fvx12 or the dual F12. I almost ordered dual fvx12 but last minute changed to LV12F. Main reason was my low listening levels of just -25 dB and very occasional usage of HT. I actually had a very low opinion of the LV12F and completely ignored it because of on paper specs. Even when I upgraded my sub last November to 12.17 the dealer offered to demo and I was like entry level sub from rythmik and just 300 watts so no thank you. Even now I requested home demo of relht1205 Or the L12 as I sold my dual xtz for upgrading to dual sealed subs only. Dealer gave all sealed subs for demo to other customers so I had no choice and got it home thinking to use it for the time being. To my surprise it performs as good as a sealed sub and satisfied me 70%. Duals may take it to 80% satisfaction and as you know 80% is a good level since there is no 100% satisfaction in this hobby. I can wait and demo the Rel but for sure I know if I demo and decide to go sealed I’ll definitely be tempted to get the dual F12’s

I was very much interested with this but lost interest after the recent price hike. It costs 105000 now so with discounts somewhere around 85k. I had two budget categories for my sub upgrades. 1.5-1.6L for duals and shortlisted LV12F,L12.HT1205 but with the hike 1205 was out of this bracket. Next was 2.5L for duals and shortlisted fvx12 or the dual F12. I almost ordered dual fvx12 but last minute changed to LV12F. Main reason was my low listening levels of just -25 dB and very occasional usage of HT. I actually had a very low opinion of the LV12F and completely ignored it because of on paper specs. Even when I upgraded my sub last November to 12.17 the dealer offered to demo and I was like entry level sub from rythmik and just 300 watts so no thank you. Even now I requested home demo of relht1205 Or the L12 as I sold my dual xtz for upgrading to dual sealed subs only. Dealer gave all sealed subs for demo to other customers so I had no choice and got it home thinking to use it for the time being. To my surprise it performs as good as a sealed sub and satisfied me 70%. Duals may take it to 80% satisfaction and as you know 80% is a good level since there is no 100% satisfaction in this hobby. I can wait and demo the Rel but for sure I know if I demo and decide to go sealed I’ll definitely be tempted to get the dual F12’s
A product is only as good as it's price allows it to be. At 85K, it's definitely overpriced. One of the primary reasons i went for the T9i was that the ht1205 was priced the same i.e. 79k. While it represented great value insofar as the T9i was concerned, it couldn't be less true for the ht1205. I guess having HT in its name has led to an increase in price, just like everything else in relation thereto during this pandemic (notably AVRs... Surround sound is good but definitely not worth the current asking prices)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back