Lyngdorf TDAI 2170

Congratulations on the new amp!
Looking forward to your listening impressions in the days to come.

Regards.

congrats..for your new amp...class-d is the way to go now....driving any speakers at ease....just on a second thought...have you considered changing your source or tried any in between

I will compare feeding the amplifier with the signal from the Chord DAC and using the internal DAC directly from the laptop... I have a feeling that the latest Chord DAC with galvanic isolation will be able to provide a better signal to the amp but if the internal DAC sounds better, I would be happier as I can sell the Chord DAC and save money with better sound....

Congrats for your new amp. Good to know that you have done home audition,satisfied by the performance
and you have ordered one. I hope you will have many happy years with this amp.

Huge improvement in clarity and the bass getting tighter than usual... Also my favourite sitting position is in the corner of the room where the bass booms and the room correction software corrected that boominess... Also I pushed my speakers back with just one foot between them and the back wall to see if the room correction works so the sound should improve further if I am able to position the speakers properly otherwise pushed to the back wall also gave tremendous improvement to the sound.... It was just a 20 min audition and I am sure by playing around with different positions, I would be able to achieve even better sound...

I'm curious to know what major differences you heard when [if??]

"Even" with DRC you hear a big difference. This has a more complex training method which apparently "learns" the room and allows you to choose between a sweet spot only and whole room. I have not found any DRC vs Lyngdorf threads presumably because the amp blows the s/w based solution out of the water. Basically no way there can be an "if" in that question :)

ciao
gr

"Even" with DRC you hear a big difference. This has a more complex training method which apparently "learns" the room and allows you to choose between a sweet spot only and whole room. I have not found any DRC vs Lyngdorf threads presumably because the amp blows the s/w based solution out of the water. Basically no way there can be an "if" in that question :)

ciao
gr

I fully agree... I know that my room is a problem and I have been too lazy to fix the room..Even fixing the room with proper treatments and consultations cost a decent bit of money assuming the software is free... So the Lyngdorf fixes the room, is a one box solution and even increases the room size as the speakers can now be placed close to the back wall. Also in my case, the corner where I usually sit at big glass panes meeting at the corner so no acoustic treatment could have fixed that... No point having the best amplification and source if the room screws up the frequencies...

Interesting move. Can you tell us more about tone fidelity between the two amps? In the past when I had tried software compensation, everything with regards to frequency balance, sound stage improved while the tone took a backseat. For eg; the singer sounds like a different person. A violin will sound different etc..

I used to play around with Asus Xonar sound card so much, I forgot about the music and ultimately sold it to listen to the music as it is.

Interesting move. Can you tell us more about tone fidelity between the two amps? In the past when I had tried software compensation, everything with regards to frequency balance, sound stage improved while the tone took a backseat. For eg; the singer sounds like a different person. A violin will sound different etc..

Right now I would not be able to describe it much but I plan to compare extensively once I get it in the next 20 days... The Luxman and Lyngdorf are obviously different amplifiers with different sound signatures but the reason for me to switch was the cleaning up of the sound.. I listen to mostly instrumental music and am not too picky of the tone of the instruments used as long as the music sounds clean and cohesive.. So clarity and instrument separation is the first thing I look for..I don't care about imaging and soundstaging since I prefer reading a book while listening to music and I don't look at the system or critically judging my system ;)

ciao
gr
Notice the placement of the "if" in my Q. My "if" was intended to ask if he did an A/B comparison and not to question if he heard a difference in sound. Everyone knows that an equalizer sounds different.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back