Acoustic Revive USB cable

panditji

Hi all, just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the below Acoustic Revive USB cable.. would appreciate any feedback for me to decide accordingly..I need it to connect my laptop to the inbuilt DAC in the Lyngdorf 2170 ..

I would recommend going for this below with a Farad Super 3 power supply instead. You will achieve far more than what a USB cable gets you.

The cost for both is the same sir..This probably has an internal clock and the USB cable simply isolates the electric signal from the digital signal.. Wont a better reclocking device make a more substantial difference?

Also wanted to know if the similar USB cables on the market which separate the electric and digital signal make any difference if anyone has tried them?

I am buying one for a forum member and was wondering if I should buy one for myself as well???

Also wanted to know if the similar USB cables on the market which separate the electric and digital signal make any difference if anyone has tried them?

I am buying one for a forum member and was wondering if I should buy one for myself as well???
When I had started dabbling I had tried it and the difference is Huge..I had a cable made for that ..may have it somewhere

I don't think the TDAI 2170 uses USB bus power so if I'm right about this, then the isolation of power and data lines via individual screens like in the Acoustic Revive cable is of no relevance for the data lines (which is all that should matter in your case).
What IS of relevance in your case (all cases, actually) is the screening (shielding) of the data lines to prevent ingress of external interference. Any USB cable conforming to the USB spec. should do including maybe the Acoustic Revive cable though you'd be paying for a "feature" in the cable that is irrelevant for you. So if that "feature" is the only thing that appeals to you in this cable, I suggest you look for another feature in the cable that would justify it's purchase. :)

Last edited:
@panditji

The logical way would be to buy a USB—IF certified usb cable and use it. They go thru a design and performance validation by usb.org to certify that the cable is upto usb spec and is designed to function within usb environment parameters.

Belkin is one I think and so is Anker. Amphenol is another. They may not have the sharp look or may not be made by heavenly snow white’s, but they would work well. A google search will help.

I use a standard product called cable creations available on amazon and they are good for the money. Works for me.

You may already have usb isolation in your lyngdorf

Now looking for a kind soul coming from the US to get me this:

My apologies - but a quick question here -
Whya re USB C to USB B cable for audio not common? A bit of googling got some pointers on how it is unsafe. Is it? Is there something in USB C that inherently makes it unsuitable/unsafe for audio cables?

I have always wondered why the Fibre optic USB cables are not used for audio as theoretically they are immune to EMI/RFI and also filter out the USB electrical noise..

I have always wondered why the Fibre optic USB cables are not used for audio as theoretically they are immune to EMI/RFI and also filter out the USB electrical noise..
Optical fibre cannot transmit USB power; can only transmit data - so are best used with self powered peripherals over long runs. That could be one reason.
Whya re USB C to USB B cable for audio not common?
Because the widely adopted USB ports on source devices are USB A. If USB C ports were to be standardly adopted, there's no reason why USB C to USB B cables cannot and would not be used commonly.
A bit of googling got some pointers on how it is unsafe. Is it? Is there something in USB C that inherently makes it unsuitable/unsafe for audio cables?
No, and, no.

Whya re USB C to USB B cable for audio not common? A bit of googling got some pointers on how it is unsafe. Is it? Is there something in USB C that inherently makes it unsuitable/unsafe for audio cables?

It's not unsafe per se but there has been a mess in terms of the different protocols that are now implemented.
See this article for an idea: https://www.androidauthority.com/state-of-usb-c-870996/

For audio purposes, it may be better to stick to the older USB A/B standards for some more time.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back