My quest to build a HT Setup

Chaoseater

Hi,

This would be my first setup. I come from Logitech Z906 Family :p. Purchase location would in Bangalore.

Purpose would be mostly towards movies and OTT content (70%) and Music (30%)
Budget would be around 1L to 1.25L

I will be building a 5.1.2 Setup shortly. Need your valuable inputs for the Purchase.
I would be placing the speakers in the hall. The is partioned as dining space and living space.
I would be housing the speakers in the living space. The living space would be would 16*12 feet.
Hall.jpg
Ground work done so far is wiring has been done to surround speakers as marked in the Plan above as A and B with DAC SPK16 AWG OFC Dual Speaker Cable while construction in 2015. Yeah, I know I have been running Z906 on this :p

I would require your recommendations on the below first.

1. Is it better to buy the AVR and Speakers over and when the money hits bank account. As this gives best option to extend your budget and get the right set of components ? But another factor is when it comes Audio equipments sky is the limit. You can keep going on and on and there will be no end to it.
2. Buy it at one shot and finish it. You ll under stand my confusion below when I move to Speaker section

Since, it a 5.1.2 Setup, firstly there is confusion in choosing the right AVR. I have two choices Denon X1600H or Yamaha RX-V685. Please suggest something in 40-50K range. I know above AVR cost 65K+, but some dealer offered me 30% on Denon AVR and 20% on Yamah AVR.

Coming to speakers. I have done my home work partially. I had been to
1. The Home Cinema,E.City (Auditioned Polk Signature Series S55 and Polk RTI A5 series setup)
2. DNI, Adugodi Road and (Q Accousics Q3050i setup)
3. ProFX,Barton Centre to audition few speakers ( Auditioned Polk Signature Series S55 and Polk T50 series setup)

Following are the alternatives I have for Speakers.

1. TAGA Harmony 606 SE 5.0 (Link) - Not auditioned yet
2. Polk Audio Fusion T Series with PSW 110 sub and DSW Pro 440 sub (Link) - Auditioned at ProFX
3. JBL Stage Classic series (Link) - Not auditioned yet
4. Pioneer Andrew Jones (Link) - Not auditioned yet

I might add 2 Polk C60i ceiling speakers for Atmos. These have to placed in roof false celing. Dreading the installation as wiring will be task for itself and prolly will decide based on budget available. Please suggest alternate ceiling speakers if any.

My mind is inclined towards Polk Audio Fusion T Series with DSW Pro 440 sub (Confusion is people are advising against this and asking me to go to PSW 110 sub, as it has 10" driver, but I feel DSW Pro 440 was more punchier. Also, please consider the room size in mind for choosing this sub)

I am open to take used route on speakers but not on AV receiver (I have heard bad stories about used receivers)

I see floor standers at about 50K give really good performance like the Q Accoustics and Polk RTI A5 series and many others are available in this range which would do justice to the room space I have. Thats the confusion I mentioned above. Build once and for all or build one by one.

I plan to make this purchase within 2-3 weeks. Please help me in deciding

TIA,
Cheers
Chaoseater

Since, it a 5.1.2 Setup, firstly there is confusion in choosing the right AVR. I have two choices Denon X1600H or Yamaha RX-V685. Please suggest something in 40-50K range. I know above AVR cost 65K+, but some dealer offered me 30% on Denon AVR and 20% on Yamah AVR.

One of these AVR would be a good choice to begin with..

1. TAGA Harmony 606 SE 5.0 (Link) - Not auditioned yet

Could be a better deal of all. You have the flexibility of adding sub later..

I might add 2 Polk C60i ceiling speakers for Atmos. These have to placed in roof false celing. Dreading the installation as wiring will be task for itself and prolly will decide based on budget available. Please suggest alternate ceiling speakers if any.

A pair of ceiling speakers should help complete your 5.1.2 set-up.

From the components you have listed, you should be able to complete 5.1.2 just inside your budget.

One of these AVR would be a good choice to begin with..

Could be a better deal of all. You have the flexibility of adding sub later..

A pair of ceiling speakers should help complete your 5.1.2 set-up.

From the components you have listed, you should be able to complete 5.1.2 just inside your budget.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion sire

I am now inclined towards Used ones for speakers but not the AV Receiver. I would pick the Yamaha / Denon AV receiver.

One of friends is willing to sell his Polk Audio DSW Pro 660Wi Sub at 25K to me. Used for 3-4 years maybe. Should I pick this ?
He also had Yamo S606 5.0 speakers for sale. I see its a old Model Launched somewhere in 2008. Speakers must be close to 6-8 years old or may be more. I was happy with the speakers when I auditioned but he was quoting 35K which is priced high IMO. I see prices were like 50K in India around 2011. I feel I should pick the sub at that price and ignore the Jamo S606.

Also, how is Dali Zensor 5 ? Someone is quoting me 35k for the Floor standers alone(Obviously used one). How is Dali Zensor 5 at that price?

Or should I pick Taga Harmony 606SE 5.0 or Polk Audio T Series 5.0 with sub above and AVR and be done with it ?

I am now inclined towards Used ones for speakers but not the AV Receiver. I would pick the Yamaha / Denon AV receiver.

One of friends is willing to sell his Polk Audio DSW Pro 660Wi Sub at 25K to me. Used for 3-4 years maybe. Should I pick this ?
He also had Yamo S606 5.0 speakers for sale. I see its a old Model Launched somewhere in 2008. Speakers must be close to 6-8 years old or may be more. I was happy with the speakers when I auditioned but he was quoting 35K which is priced high IMO. I see prices were like 50K in India around 2011. I feel I should pick the sub at that price and ignore the Jamo S606.

Also, how is Dali Zensor 5 ? Someone is quoting me 35k for the Floor standers alone(Obviously used one). How is Dali Zensor 5 at that price?

Or should I pick Taga Harmony 606SE 5.0 or Polk Audio T Series 5.0 with sub above and AVR and be done with it ?
Hi If interested I have Dali Zensor 7 for the same price of Rs 35000 for sale. Let me know if you might be interested...

Since the wiring for the surrounds are already done. I am thinking on picking the Amazon basics 14 AWG OFC Cables Or should I buy the Bandridge cables for the LCR ?

I bought Amazon basics cable and runs around 30 feet. Front wall+ceiling + back wall. Works good. So should be fine for you as well.

I have ordered Amazon Basics 14 AWG cables. I ll also visit a store tomorrow to check whether Bandridge is available and pick if priced properly.

Finally got the Dali Zensor 7 from @rajivaryan1984.
Picked the Zensor Vokal from @nitinsanand.
Also, picked up the Denon X2600H today from store.

Surround should I go with Spektor 1 ? I am not able to find any Zensor 1 in stock anywhere.

Deciding on Sub, Polk HTS10 brand new at 30k or Polk DSW Pro 660 used at 25k. Which do ya all suggest ?

Finally got the Dali Zensor 7 from @rajivaryan1984.
Picked the Zensor Vokal from @nitinsanand.
Also, picked up the Denon X2600H today from store.

Surround should I go with Spektor 1 ? I am not able to find any Zensor 1 in stock anywhere.

Deciding on Sub, Polk HTS10 brand new at 30k or Polk DSW Pro 660 used at 25k. Which do ya all suggest ?
What is the price of Denon X2600H and from where to get it?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back