Lyrita Audio new website

ideologies can change with new ideas and / or time...

let the gentleman answer...if he has the time or inclination..

anyways mine was only a suggestion...

That’s a bit rude. I haven’t stopped Mr Bakshi from replying. Nor have I replied on his behalf. But as a user of his products and having had conversations with him on sound reproduction, I am (as many others here are) acquainted with his philosophy and was providing information. You can ignore it if it doesn’t help you. There’s no rule on the forum that only the person asked a specific question has to reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello oldmonk,

There's a fair amount of history to Lyrita Audio.

Lyrita Audio started in 1994, manufacturing solid-state Mosfet amplifiers and bookshelf speakers. Ten years down the line came the switch to tube amplifiers - based on listening experiences to the Quad II tube monoblocks. First, tube preamplifiers mated to solid-state amps, then all tube systems. The early products were 6L6 push-pull amps, EL84 push-pull amps, and EL34 push-pull amps. Covering output power ranges from 15 watts/channel to 35 watts/channel. (Someone's fooling you if they're advertising 50 watts/channel from two pairs of EL34 tubes).

New speaker designs using the high sensitivity Fostex single fullrange drivers, allowed the consideration of lower powered tube amps. A chance find of NOS RCA 2A3 tubes sealed the fate of Lyrita. There was a jump in sound quality with single-ended tube designs - enough, to not go back to push-pull designs. The quest for more power ultimately led to the GM70 amp, which will drive most audio speakers with ease. With the design of horn speakers, and their much higher sensitivity, the power game has no relevance any more. That is why, for great sound, Lyrita insists on systems.

There are other players in the Indian market, for push-pull tube amps - InsigniaHiFi, Anode Acoustics, Analog Audio Labs. Enough space here for all.

Regards,
Viren

Hello oldmonk,

Lyrita Audio started in 1994, manufacturing solid-state Mosfet amplifiers and bookshelf speakers. Ten years down the line came the switch to tube amplifiers - based on listening experiences to the Quad II tube monoblocks. First, tube preamplifiers mated to solid-state amps, then all tube systems. The early products were 6L6 push-pull amps, EL84 push-pull amps, and EL34 push-pull amps. Covering output power ranges from 15 watts/channel to 35 watts/channel. (Someone's fooling you if they're advertising 50 watts/channel from two pairs of EL34 tubes).

New speaker designs using the high sensitivity Fostex single fullrange drivers, allowed the consideration of lower powered tube amps. A chance find of NOS RCA 2A3 tubes sealed the fate of Lyrita. There was a jump in sound quality with single-ended tube designs - enough, to not go back to push-pull designs. The quest for more power ultimately led to the GM70 amp, which will drive most audio speakers with ease. With the design of horn speakers, and their much higher sensitivity, the power game has no relevance any more. That is why, for great sound, Lyrita insists on systems.

There are other players in the Indian market, for push-pull tube amps - InsigniaHiFi, Anode Acoustics, Analog Audio Labs. Enough space here for all.

Regards,
Viren
I agree, there are even more DIY builders around to explore, if that sound exiting.

You can ignore it if it doesn’t help you. There’s no rule on the forum that only the person asked a specific question has to reply.

i see hurt and some anger as well... sorry for that.

There are already so many problems in our lives - i dont want to add another.

But my post was well intentioned.

Hello oldmonk,

Regards,
Viren

Sir

I understand now.

Maybe some day when the virus dies down i will hope to come and listen to your systems.

Till then please take care and wish you good health and good sales !

Thank you for your time and reply.

It's a great website.

I have always heard of Lyrita but never knew your product line and the website lays it out very nicely.

I am quite excited to see that you have GM70 SET amps available, and also Horn speakers (two products that I really would like to experience and are a rare breed).

The horn speakers especially look lovely.

The Horn Petite speaker, is it a floor standing or is it a bookshelf design? (cannot make out from the photo)

Are there any proud owners of the GM70 SET amps or the horn speakers (in Mumbai) from whom I could get an audition.

Again, very excited.

Cheers,
Bhaskar

great website Sir! those 15 incher speakers in grande's look massive...!! is that speaker 5 feet tall? or more maybe!

Big fan, i hope everyone gets a chance to experience Lyrita's 2a3 amp's with matching speakers.

@viren bakhshi , apologies for hijacking your thread but I felt this is the right space for showcasing these.

Last month I stumbled upon an old Lyrita design by accident, it was an impulse buy from OLX after seeing the Fostex driver and I had no idea about Lyrita audio prior to that. It was in a pathetic condition and the seller had no clue what he was holding, he was so ignorant that the advertisement was for the 12inch woofers and the FR was kind of free with it.
It was an initial design from Lyrita called Amity, you may find the details from the link below,
Lyrita Audio's New Amity Speaker

I am on OB affectionate and my initial plan was to take the drivers and use it for my own designs but later went on to restore it, I feel for the designer and didn't want to go his efforts in vein. I was lucky that all original XO parts were intact and only minor fixes were needed for the drivers. I contacted Viren and he was kind enough to explain his design thought process and assured that there were no upgrades required.
I hope the end result will not disappoint Viren.

IMG_20200814_210847.jpgIMG_20200814_205438.jpgIMG_20200814_205619.jpgIMG_20200814_205532.jpgLyrita.jpgIMG_20200814_210232.jpg

@viren bakhshi , apologies for hijacking your thread but I felt this is the right space for showcasing these.

Last month I stumbled upon an old Lyrita design by accident, it was an impulse buy from OLX after seeing the Fostex driver and I had no idea about Lyrita audio prior to that. It was in a pathetic condition and the seller had no clue what he was holding, he was so ignorant that the advertisement was for the 12inch woofers and the FR was kind of free with it.
It was an initial design from Lyrita called Amity, you may find the details from the link below,

I am on OB affectionate and my initial plan was to take the drivers and use it for my own designs but later went on to restore it, I feel for the designer and didn't want to go his efforts in vein. I was lucky that all original XO parts were intact and only minor fixes were needed for the drivers. I contacted Viren and he was kind enough to explain his design thought process and assured that there were no upgrades required.

View attachment 48561View attachment 48569View attachment 48570View attachment 48559View attachment 48568View attachment 48571
Sometimes OLX is like treasure hunt. Sure it takes away lot of time to keep browsing regularly but totally proves worthy when something like this comes along. I myself search for lyrita anytime I browse OLX but never has it returned any ad for sale till date.
The speakers look beautiful and believe they sound as great as they look. If these are based on same high efficiency principle of Viren's designs then you definitely have to try pairing them with his SET tube amps.

Sometimes OLX is like treasure hunt. Sure it takes away lot of time to keep browsing regularly but totally proves worthy when something like this comes along. I myself search for lyrita anytime I browse OLX but never has it returned any ad for sale till date.
The speakers look beautiful and believe they sound as great as they look. If these are based on same high efficiency principle of Viren's designs then you definitely have to try pairing them with his SET tube amps.
I am sure you would have missed this one also while searching, there was no reference of Lyrita anywhere. I accidentally stumbled upon seeing the white cone.

View attachment 48561View attachment 48569View attachment 48570View attachment 48559View attachment 48568View attachment 48571
Kudos to you for having a great eye for spotting gems!! Thanks for salvaging these beauties and giving them their deserved place, in the house of a music lover. With such speakers, soul trumps specifications. I am sure you would have several satisfying sessions ahead.

Thanks guys for the encouragement, sure I am overwhelmed with its musicality. As swaroop mentioned these deserves a tube amp which is going to be my next target.

Ordered and awaiting the Lyrita tube Phono for my MC Cartridge setup with active tube circuitry.

Cinemag transformers (Bob"s Devices are a popular outfit using them) and russian tubes (6F12p) are in the pipeline.
Very gracious of Mr. Bakshi to take the Lyrita preamp back and pay me the price I was looking for. Easy peasy.
Thanks Sir!
Normally, one would have to take the trouble of finding a buyer and so on and so forth. I loved the preamp while I had it but decided to try something else. Such is this audio affliction.

It's a great website.

I have always heard of Lyrita but never knew your product line and the website lays it out very nicely.

I am quite excited to see that you have GM70 SET amps available, and also Horn speakers (two products that I really would like to experience and are a rare breed).

The horn speakers especially look lovely.

The Horn Petite speaker, is it a floor standing or is it a bookshelf design? (cannot make out from the photo)

Are there any proud owners of the GM70 SET amps or the horn speakers (in Mumbai) from whom I could get an audition.

Again, very excited.

Cheers,
Bhaskar
I am using Lyrita Dht pre +SET GM70 for many years and I love it.

HiFi Rig: Nuprime Omnia + Marantz 6005 (for sale) + SMSL D300 + Lyrita Audio Dht pre + GM 70 + ASI Liveline power cable + ASI Liveline Reference IC + Totem Rainmaker/ Sony APM 717 (for sale)/ Dali 370 Evidence (for sale)

I am using Lyrita Dht pre +SET GM70 for many years and I love it.

HiFi Rig: Nuprime Omnia + Marantz 6005 (for sale) + SMSL D300 + Lyrita Audio Dht pre + GM 70 + ASI Liveline power cable + ASI Liveline Reference IC + Totem Rainmaker/ Sony APM 717 (for sale)/ Dali 370 Evidence (for sale)
What are the approx prices for Lyrita kit ? What price levels do the speakers & amps start at? The reason I am asking is to check on affordability before requesting an audition.

What are the approx prices for Lyrita kit ? What price levels do the speakers & amps start at? The reason I am asking is to check on affordability before requesting an audition.
The top end speaker is ~2L , prices went up some time ago due to high wood prices
Amps start from 50k iirc. Prices go up depending on the configuration you ask for, like using interstage transformers instead of caps etc...

The top end speaker is ~2L , prices went up some time ago due to high wood prices
Amps start from 50k iirc. Prices go up depending on the configuration you ask for, like using interstage transformers instead of caps etc...
How do these speakers and amps compare with mainstream speakers / amps ? I mean what makes this equipment stand apart ?

Horn Grande + DHT pre + 2a3 Power was a very nice chain. We played both LP and CDs , vocals and acoustic instruments sounded effortless, big and without the fake treble gloss/glare. The bass quality was great, it sounded to roll off naturally and not the typical excessive extension that you get from small drivers at the cost of attack delay (read immediacy) and distortion.
On the other hand we did not have any metal/rock LP/CDs on hand to try them out. Its usually said what excels at midrange might suffer with fast paced music. I don't know, but whatever I auditioned wasn't exactly a mid centric system. The system was resolving, balanced and most importantly devoid of any fake detail.
PS: Pre+power 2a3 had better grip and control vs the integrated 2a3 despite both having same specs.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back