Lyrita Horn Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

viren bakhshi

Lyrita Audio introduces horn speakers to compliment its range of tube amplifiers. These high sensitivity speakers combine well with any of Lyritas tube amplifiers, to reproduce the rich tone, texture, and scale of music.

These are two way systems, using professional drivers, to take advantage of their high sensitivity and power handling. Horn loading improves this further, and also gives a heightened sense of dynamics and scale. Of course, the tube amps, with their low power output, do not stress these drivers at all so, there's no compression in the sound even at high levels.

The compression driver, which reproduces the midrange and high frequencies, is used with a custom designed solid teak wood horn, using the special LeCleach horn profile. This combination gives clarity to sound which is exemplary.

Lyrita Horn Petite
Two way, part front horn loaded speaker system
Sensitivity...............96 dB / watt
Frequency range.......50 Hz to 18 kHz
Impedance...............10 ohms (100 Hz to 20 kHz)
Driver mid/high.......Eminence PSD2002 with LeCleach wood horn (600 Hz cutoff)
Driver bass............Eminence Beta 12A-2 (12) in closed box enclosure
Crossover................800 Hz, first order Butterworth

Price, per pair...........Rs.95,000

Lyrita Horn Grande
Two way, full front horn loaded speaker system
Sensitivity...............100 dB/watt
Frequency range.......50 Hz to 18 kHz
Impedance...............10 ohms (100 Hz to 20 kHz)
Driver mid/high........Eminence PSD2002 with LeCleach wood horn (600 Hz cutoff)
Driver bass.............Eminence Gamma 15A-2 (15) in front horn enclosure
Crossover.................800 Hz, first order Butterworth

Price, per pair............Rs.145,000

Regards,
Viren

Attachments

• Horn Petite 2.jpg
    Horn Petite 2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,257
  • Horn Petite 5.jpg
    Horn Petite 5.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,255
  • Horn Grande 1.jpg
    Horn Grande 1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,255
  • Horn Grande 3.jpg
    Horn Grande 3.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,244
  • Horn Grande 6.jpg
    Horn Grande 6.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,243
Congrats Virenji on the new speakers

Finish looks outstanding and i am sure they sound equally good

Superb product from India for India on the new year

Looks very impressive Viren and I am sure they sound great as well. Congrats!
Cheers,
Sid

Very good looking. For once a good looking product, which I am sure will sound excellent too.

Congratulations!!

That is just awesome! I am sure they sound good too. Just when the waves made by the SET amp is settling down, Viren shows that there is much more up his sleeve :)

Has anyone heard these ?

Finally launched :) congrats!

In October I got to hear the Lyrita Horn Petite at Virenji's place on the 2a3 amplifier. He was still working on the crossovers at that point but I think it was near to completion.

I found the Petite's to be balanced and quite musical to listen to. They are suitable for large rooms.

Not bright, not boomy, not bass or midbass heavy & not clinical - plain and simply put, "Musical"

The sound was considerably better than the Lyrita harmony one , which granted are half the value, so should not be really compared against.

I have a feeling the teak veneers with a rich coat of french polish or polyurethane will make them look quite a bit better - can probably done at the buyers cost to not push the base cost up on viren's end.

Last edited:
Wow these look very good indeed! Am sure that horn will sound good. Now I hope someone in bangalore buys it so I can listen to it!

What a beautiful sight!

I also listened to the Lyrita Horn Petite with the 2a3 amplifier. At that time Virenji was about to start constructing the Grande. Since it's made, this week I'll be there. Now I'm sure that there will be no dearth of power for 2a3 to fill a room size of 400sft.

I suggest an audiophile meet @ Vienji's house which would really help budding music lovers to understand and judge for themselves which sound entices them.:eek:

Viren

Congratulations. Both the Petite and Grande look beautiful. I am sure the sound will match the looks.

I had a chance to listen to these speakers some time ago at Viren ji's house. These speakers sound warm, lush, inviting, musical, very close to live sound .... when they were playing in front of me its was quite a revelation that speakers can actually sound so close to live music, it sounded like the i was sitting in front of a live band playing for me.

These speakers are well suited for blues, soft rock, rock, hindi music, classical and other genre's which involves instruments, voices and mid range sounds .... these speakers definitely deserve an audition as they sound so much different from the psb/focal/ascend acoustics which almost sound boxy if compared to these. They might be more accurate in frequency response but the emotional connection is the biggest strength with Viren ji's speakers, it will awaken the music lover in you surely.

Then Viren ji who is an utter gentlemen also explained to me how speakers designer's in the earlier day's always designed big horn loaded speakers, but as watt's became cheaper and the speaker's of today started being designed for looking good started using smaller drivers. Speakers today require lot's of power to make the same level of sound which tube amplifiers with high sensitivity big driver speakers achieve with barely any watt's.

Congratulations Viren Ji !!

cheers
Satish

Congrats Viren Ji for those fabulous speakers. Looks like a perfect Diwali gift :).

One question though. The specs say that the low end is at 50hz even for the Grande model with 15" woofer. Will this be enough for bass heavy Rock music?

-John.

Hello Virenji,

Beautiful creations! Next Delhi visit, need to plan for a listen.

Thanks
Venu

They look fabulous and am sure will sound just as great Virenji. Like Steve, I too hope someone in Bangalore/Chennai buys it, so can listen to them.

I had a chance to listen to these speakers some time ago at Viren ji's house. These speakers sound warm, lush, inviting, musical, very close to live sound .... when they were playing in front of me its was quite a revelation that speakers can actually sound so close to live music, it sounded like the i was sitting in front of a live band playing for me.

These speakers are well suited for blues, soft rock, rock, hindi music, classical and other genre's which involves instruments, voices and mid range sounds .... these speakers definitely deserve an audition as they sound so much different from the psb/focal/ascend acoustics which almost sound boxy if compared to these. They might be more accurate in frequency response but the emotional connection is the biggest strength with Viren ji's speakers, it will awaken the music lover in you surely.

Then Viren ji who is an utter gentlemen also explained to me how speakers designer's in the earlier day's always designed big horn loaded speakers, but as watt's became cheaper and the speaker's of today started being designed for looking good started using smaller drivers. Speakers today require lot's of power to make the same level of sound which tube amplifiers with high sensitivity big driver speakers achieve with barely any watt's.

Congratulations Viren Ji !!

cheers
Satish

Hi Satish,

I definately agree with you on your views. One word to describe them is 'Live' experience, just as if, a live band is playing in front of you.

They look stunning. Like Steve, I too hope someone in Bangalore buys it, so can listen to them when I visit BLR. Wonder what they weigh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back