MA RX6 vs QUAD 22L2

Hello,
I would like to add my humble opinion in this regard though I feel I am quite a novice to be able to judge and also may be wrong in my choice of vocabulary.
I had an oppurtunity to listen some of my favourite songs(Jagjit Singh and AR Rehman) on Quad 22L2, Dali Ikon6, MA RS6.
I could feel the weight of voice of Jagjit Singh on Quad22L2 and his ghazals were a pleasant listening experience. At the same time, the sharpness, clarity and dynamics of AR Rehman songs were missing on the Quad.
Dali Ikon was very bright, clear and dynamic for AR Rehman songs while the depth,weight of Jagjit Singh's voice was missing.
MA RS6 was somewhere in between the two and in my opinion was the best compromise for my mixed taste of music, some kind of all-rounder.
Then based on reviews that RX has a controlled highs and similar/slightly better bass,mids as compared to RS, I ordered RX6, though not yet delivered.
So, IMHO, the choice depends on your taste of music(and, of course, on several other factors like partnering electronics, etc)
Hope it helps.
BR.

May I know the price you paid for RX6 and when it will reach you? Also, request you review/impression on RX6 upon setting it up at your place.

Regards,

Last edited:
May I know the price you paid for RX6 and when it will reach you? Also, request you review/impression on RX6 upon setting it up at your place.

Regards,

I have just paid some advance. Final price is yet not quoted by AP.
Their shipment has arrived but is stuck in the customs.
I expect to have the delivery by this year-end.
Certainly would post my impressions early next year.

I have just paid some advance. Final price is yet not quoted by AP.
Their shipment has arrived but is stuck in the customs.
I expect to have the delivery by this year-end.
Certainly would post my impressions early next year.

are u getting these directly from them or through any dealer?

i know that the dealer in dwarka who gets stuff from AP.Are you getting from him?

Yes, it is through him.

right.. when u receive this, please share ur experiences.. i m also looking into getting this..confused over RX6/Ikon 6/Quad 22L2.
Also as RS series is available at good prices, it adds to the confusion.

Hi all,

My speaker deal was done last week, since i am on vacation till Jan1st week, i will be receiving it by that time. Selected QUAD 22L2 and it was a clear winner on compared to MA GS60 (eventhough GS has a slight edge in low, but clearly lacks the details in low). To me 22L2 is the best speaker in 1lakh range.

Hi all,

My speaker deal was done last week, since i am on vacation till Jan1st week, i will be receiving it by that time. Selected QUAD 22L2 and it was a clear winner on compared to MA GS60 (eventhough GS has a slight edge in low, but clearly lacks the details in low). To me 22L2 is the best speaker in 1lakh range.

GS 60 is in the 2 lakh price range and 22L2 around 70k mark, I believe. How on earth you compared both and came to conclusion the 22L2 is superior in low-end clarity compared to GS 60.

You've not even compared the Quad with the new RX6, which is the right match in that price category, both are around 700 GBP.

IMO the Gold series would walk all over the Quad.

:)

GS 60 is in the 2 lakh price range and 22L2 around 70k mark, I believe. How on earth you compared both and came to conclusion the 22L2 is superior in low-end clarity compared to GS 60.

You've not even compared the Quad with the new RX6, which is the right match in that price category, both are around 700 GBP.

somebody in chennai..please audition the RX6 with comparison to the RS6.. i believe these are now available with AP now..

No offence to anyone here but if someone compares and likes a Rs 70,000 speaker to a Rs 2 lakh speaker why should that be a problem???? And why is it not possible for someone to prefer the low end reproducing capabilities of a cheaper speaker to a more expensive one? Let us respect the judgement of other's ears as well.
Guys, the prices of a speaker decides the value for money one gets for a speaker but the prices are no indicators of a speaker's/amplifier's/cd player's capabilities....

No offence to anyone here but if someone compares and likes a Rs 70,000 speaker to a Rs 2 lakh speaker why should that be a problem???? And why is it not possible for someone to prefer the low end reproducing capabilities of a cheaper speaker to a more expensive one? Let us respect the judgement of other's ears as well.
Guys, the prices of a speaker decides the value for money one gets for a speaker but the prices are no indicators of a speaker's/amplifier's/cd player's capabilities....

I second that!!

Sorry vinod, I think you had overlooked what i wrote before, "22L2 is the best in the 1lakh price range". I am not here to promote or demote any brand. I just wrote what i felt while comparing them back to back. If you feel that it is not fair to compare, its up to you.

Since there being a lot of hype in net about RX6 and is considered as almost similar to GS20 in sound signature, but not the same technically, i thought of auditioning GS series. The dealer had GS60, not GS20, but GS60 should be having the same signature.
The equipments used were Cyrus CDP, Music Fidility A5 preamp, Mark Levinson 100w Class A power amp (not sure about the model, but it costs more than 2lakh). I tried both 22L2 and GS60 back to back with the same songs. Both were having good details at highs, but with thin sounding in GS, IMO L2 was more natural, at medium vol level GS was slightly brighter than L2. For Mids, L2 was a clear winner, esp. with vocals from yesudas. In lows, GS had a slight edge over L2 because of the extra woofer, but L2 is more tight and if at all reqd., i can use a sub for freqs less than 35/40hz. L2 is very sensitive in positioning, even a small toe-in makes a difference, not a dramatic difference. But lookwise GS is far better, similar finish is given to RX.

So i felt auditioning RX is not at all reqd. unless i get it for a very lesser price, atleast 10-15k less than L2. And spending around 1.5lakh for GS for a very slight improvement, with a different sound signature, is not at all reasonable to me. In that price range, there are a lot of competitors for GS60. Thats why GS60 was not as popular as GS20.

IMHO 22L2 will be very hard to beat in 1lakh price range.

Last edited:
At last my Black Beauties (QUAD 22L2 in Piano Black finish Floorstanders) arrived on saturday:yahoo:. It comes with sexy matt platinum finish accessories (speaker terminals, spikes, shoes etc.) and the platinum finish is available only with piano black speakers. Because of the kevlar drivers, they require a good burn-in time. However the initial impressions with my Nakamichi RE-10 is fabulous. Had another crazy listening session on saturday and because of that, I was feeling sleepy during our Bangalore meet on sunday...:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:

I agree 100%.

Price of an audio equipment does not its value to the listener decide. For example I listened to some Paradigm floorstanders costing close to a lakh. Believe me I would have loved to live with my little Alpha B1s from PSB compared to these floorstanders! It all hunkers down to the fact that we are all individual.

At last my Black Beauties (QUAD 22L2 in Piano Black finish Floorstanders) arrived on saturday:yahoo:. It comes with sexy matt platinum finish accessories (speaker terminals, spikes, shoes etc.) and the platinum finish is available only with piano black speakers. Because of the kevlar drivers, they require a good burn-in time. However the initial impressions with my Nakamichi RE-10 is fabulous. Had another crazy listening session on saturday and because of that, I was feeling sleepy during our Bangalore meet on sunday...:eek:hyeah:

Sajith, Congrats! Seems like you are on a roll, first the Onkyo 606, Nakamichi int amp and now the quads! Lovely!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back