Magnepan vintage speakers repair in India?

ppalni

Hi, I need to have my Magnepan MG-IIIA speakers repaired. The tweeters are great since I replaced them with brand new ones from Magnepan in 2005 while I was still in the US. However both speakers need to have their midrange/bass mylar diaphragms replaced as well as their black "socks" (covers). Magnepan is great at repairing their old and out-of-production models, however the speakers developed these problems years after I had moved back to India from the US and it does not seem practical to send these massive speakers for repair to the US from India.

I am now located in Lucknow, UP and these speakers are in my house. Is there someone in India who can help me with vintage Magnepan speaker repair? It would be great to hear of any actual experiences from Magnepan speaker owners in India regarding repair and part replacement of their speakers in India - if any options exist. Thanks.

You can write to magnepan and import the relevant repair kit. Once here, locate a capable technician and show him the process on YouTube. There are enough videos on magnepan speaker repairs and I find that it is very simple once you follow videos.

You can write to magnepan and import the relevant repair kit. Once here, locate a capable technician and show him the process on YouTube. There are enough videos on magnepan speaker repairs and I find that it is very simple once you follow videos.

That's definitely an idea if no other avenue exists in India. I may just give that a shot, thanks. I'd probably do the repairs myself since I'm also a pretty hands on electronics pro with my own lab and have had to service these speakers myself up till now because of no local options. I have actually had to strip away all the old midrange Al planar "coil" on the mylar from the speakers that had corroded in our tropical climate and reglue equivalent gauge Cu wire in its place with pretty satisfactory results overall.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back