Making 588A Region Free

kayjay

Does anybody know how to make a Pioneer DV588A region free. The one I have plays Region 1 only.

Thanks.

Do a google search and you will get plenty of links on how to do it. I made my Samsung DVD player region free and it works great now.

Hi,
Thanks for responding. I had tried Google before and, unfortunately, all methods I came across there involve firmware alterations, which is something I'm a bit reluctant to get into.
I was hoping someone somewhere, maybe had other methods, of the non-invasive kind :), or had altered the firmware, successfully, and be able to guide me.
BTW, the 588A is, for its price, $100, VFM. I got it, mainly, because of its excellent audio to use as a CD player.
Thanks once again.

Thanks for the info Musiclover.
I am in Mumbai. There is a possibility I can have the unit sent to Bangalore. Would you please let me know how to contact Pro Audiotronics

Re: Making DVP 3256 Region Free

Hi ,

I am having DVP 3256-Philips .Please tell me how to make it Region Free .Now its a Region 5 player.Please give me the solution quickly

Hi ,

I am having DVP 3256-Philips .Please tell me how to make it Region Free .Now its a Region 5 player.Please give me the solution quickly

Try this. Has worked with all Philips DVDP till now that I've tried with.

1. Go to Setup.
  2. Select Preference Page.
  3. Press 1, 3, 8, 9, 3, 1 on the Philips DVP3986 DVD Player remote.
  4. Press the up/down key to select "0" which makes it region free.
  5. Press ok and exit setup.

Try this. Has worked with all Philips DVDP till now that I've tried with.

1. Go to Setup.
  2. Select Preference Page.
  3. Press 1, 3, 8, 9, 3, 1 on the Philips DVP3986 DVD Player remote.
  4. Press the up/down key to select "0" which makes it region free.
  5. Press ok and exit setup.

Thanks Moser,

My player is in My native place i am going there today evening. i will try it once i reach there .

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back