Marantz 1504+ Boston 5.1, Very Low Output

satyasekhar

Hello, Recently I bought Marantz 1504 and Boston Soundware xs 5.1 but finally I get sound very low even at high level. I dont understand where it went wrong. Can anybody help me here? Thanks!!

Hi

I used the NR1402 which is same like the 1504 except does not have AirPlay along with with Boston 5.1. Now using the SR series....

The Audyssey calibration can give wrong levels and hence you need to recalibrate or manually adjust......I did it manually....read below.....

Keep the sub volume in the center........

Manually adjust the levels for each speaker........L+ R should be at +9 and centre at +11

Rears at +10.....

Adjust sub level on AVR as +6 or +7....if you want more bass and rumble effects....increase accordingly

Then manually adjust the source level and make it either +11 or +12.....

Adjust the manual EQ if you want to enjoy good clarity....its a 9 band......

All the best

Last edited:
Hello, Recently I bought Marantz 1504 and Boston Soundware xs 5.1 but finally I get sound very low even at high level. I dont understand where it went wrong. Can anybody help me here? Thanks!!

Hi,

I have the same receiver. Could you provide more information as to what is your source, audyssey setup done, levels set by it? Try to post pics of the Levels screen.

Also try turning of Dynamic Volume and check if that changes anything?

MaSh

Hi

Another thing to consider is the content quality (media files) what is being played, what is the source, quality of the HDMI cable, Speaker (OFC) wire etc......

Once the settings are done, slowly turn up the volume....I could not increase beyond 52 as the speakers although being 100w RMS @ 8 ohms...it starts to crackle up.....also recommended to keep volume limiter set to 80....to be on the safe side.....

All the best...

Hi

I used the NR1402 which is same like the 1504 except does not have AirPlay along with with Boston 5.1. Now using the SR series....

The Audyssey calibration can give wrong levels and hence you need to recalibrate or manually adjust......I did it manually....read below.....

Keep the sub volume in the center........

Manually adjust the levels for each speaker........L+ R should be at +9 and centre at +11

Rears at +10.....

Adjust sub level on AVR as +6 or +7....if you want more bass and rumble effects....increase accordingly

Then manually adjust the source level and make it either +11 or +12.....

Adjust the manual EQ if you want to enjoy good clarity....its a 9 band......

All the best

Those adjustments looks like the original audyssey run performed was really messed up.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back