Marantz 6006CD

firozrajan

Hi,

Would like to share my experience with a recently purchased brand new CD 6006 from Hifimart. I was lucky enough to recognize that the player regularly skipped the last two tracks while reading a CD, as many of us do not listen a CD to its completion most of the time. It was finally replaced it with a new one .

I would like to know if anyone has faced similar or other hardware problems with the latest Marantz CD player.

Hi,

Would like to share my experience with a recently purchased brand new CD 6006 from Hifimart. I was lucky enough to recognize that the player regularly skipped the last two tracks while reading a CD, as many of us do not listen a CD to its completion most of the time. It was finally replaced it with a new one .

I would like to know if anyone has faced similar or other hardware problems with the latest Marantz CD player.

Two of my friends are having similar problems with their Marantz players(5004 and 6004) Sometimes it displays NO DISC error. I thought Marantz would have fixed this issue with their new players.

Very common concern with Marantz. This and the horrific service stories from my friends have still kept me from getting the otherwise fantastic vfm cd players. Should have been sorted by now.

Was not present in the earlier models, so this is quite surprising.
I have a SA7003 which never had this issue.
I will be putting this model for sale soon if anybody is interested

Yes, even I have never heard anyone who owns the SA series face such issues. However, most owners of the CD series are the victims!!

Hmm...my CDP played superbly for ~6years until the laser needed replacing. Guess nothing that a good tech can't fix! No reason to skip these superb budget players. The bigger question is - do we need CDP anymore?

Some like to own a CDP due to personal preferences and listening pleasure...hence we see still high end CDPs being sold by manufacturers..... Stereo Music.....

Some would prefer using a Universal Player which takes care of every disc and even HDD....mostly High end models and brands can achieve some decent level of stereo playback.....entry level models fail here...

I have been using Marantz CD6005 for last 8+ months and never faced the track skipping issue. However, the player is little too sensitive to scratches and smudges on CDs.

I’ve been using Marantz CD 5005 for 1.5 years and surprisingly after six or seven months I did face the skipping issue. However I found it was due to a stability issue. I placed the CDP above a thick piece of cotton cloth and the skipping problem was gone.

marantz sound quality is good , but reliability is a issue . I had similar issues with CD6003 and then later on SA8005 (made in japan) . Got SA8005 replaced with a new one immediatedly ..now it has been working fine for the past 1 yr

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back