Marantz AVR trouble shooting and Repair

I am having SR6012. Recently my center channel goes off on random days. When works at start it works through out. Anyone faced such issue?

I am having SR6012. Recently my center channel goes off on random days. When works at start it works through out. Anyone faced such issue?
I have faced this issue when l kept speaker more than actual in use and used echo mode auto. That is if you are using 5.1 and selected speaker as 9, then software can misbehave and turn of relay of center channel. l selected proper speaker set which was changed due to some reason and now center working perfect unlike used to shutdown in the middle of the movie. Now even with auto mode no issue for last month.

My NR-1504 receiver too is behaving somewhat like that. It has stopped outputting sound through the speakers although all functions seem to work fine. It responds to all remote commands, is routing the audio and video through HDMI (i.e. passthrough) and pre-out is giving out audio output which I am using to drive my speakers through another stereo amp. Basically, it is as if its just on mute.
Few months ago I opened up the cabinet and dismantled all the PCBs, cleaned them and put them back together. It worked for a few days and then again stopped giving sound.
Any suggestions.

Few months ago I opened up the cabinet and dismantled all the PCBs, cleaned them and put them back together. It worked for a few days and then again stopped giving sound.
Forgot to mention that l did this too when l used preout and one of front channels won't work. Not sure any ground issue with top cover or preout jack sensing issue. I didn't try preouts once all working fine :).

I have faced this issue when l kept speaker more than actual in use and used echo mode auto. That is if you are using 5.1 and selected speaker as 9, then software can misbehave and turn of relay of center channel. l selected proper speaker set which was changed due to some reason and now center working perfect unlike used to shutdown in the middle of the movie. Now even with auto mode no issue for last month.
Ahh, I faced the same during the Audessy setup itself. Speaker configuration was setup right still there was no sound from center channel. I opened the case for any visual troubleshooting then after seeing the stack of boards on top of another I just closed it back. For few weeks I was running the center with pre-out, so was happy that processing path has no issues. Later as a try I switched the pre-outs with front and center to direct, viola it worked again.

Now and then the center channel goes off like I mentioned above. I suspect my setup has something to do [sound input via TV ARC; external power amp to fronts; and the sequence of powering the equipments (TV, AVR, Amp ].

Hi all, Thanks for your suggestion..placing order for the fans..takes fairly long to ship it seems...asking for customs details etc.. else may reach out to Joseph

Any update on the issue? Curious to know on the final resolution.

Any update on the issue? Curious to know on the final resolution.
Hi have given to Bhandup guy..he resolved the issue partly.. channels from conventional analog out is working but pre out which I used to to hook it up with my integrated amp still not working...some issue with the board....he is not getting it..

Hi have given to Bhandup guy..he resolved the issue partly.. channels from conventional analog out is working but pre out which I used to to hook it up with my integrated amp still not working...some issue with the board....he is not getting it..

Ok

Possibly then makes sense to look out for a pre owned. There are a couple of them over OLX.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back