Marantz cd 6005 service centre chennai ?

amateur

Hello,

any authorized service centre for Marantz in Chennai ( Heard Decibel no longer are doing service for Marantz )

The CD jumps, not reads sometimes properly, tray gets stuck , have to force it to close it - Need a service of the player.

Any recommendation highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Not sure of authorized service centres, but Philips arena on Mount road does service of all brands, may not be the cheapest option but are generally reliable.

If it is in warranty, ship it over to the nearest authorised dealer. If it is not, you don't lose anything by opening it up and having a look.

What I did when my CD5004 started acting up:
Open it up

Blow the dust away gently, away from the optical lens.

Clean the tray, sliding rails & laser lens with pure alcohol & an ear bud (I used ordinary grocery store nail polish remover).

Do NOT use surgical spirits to clean the lens. They may contain oils which leave a residue on the lens.

Investigate the data cable linking the laser pick up to the circuit board. It is usually a flat white 'bus' cable! In my case this cable came loose and the player started skipping forwards & backwards badly. I pulled it out completely & plugged it back in firmly. Problem mostly gone.

Good luck.

Life can be strange sometimes!

Just after my last post on this, my cd player started acting up again! This time around, it started jumping around tracks & repeating sections of current track: it would start playing a track and then jump forwards or backwards to another track at random. It would also jump backwards in the same track and repeat sections. Tray movement/loading and TOC reading is fine & as fast as ever. Laser lens is clean. No issues there. I cleaned the flat 'data' cable contact pins with alcohol & also the servo motor rails. Playing Joe Satriani now as I type this. Player hasn't jumped tracks yet. Fingers crossed & toes curled! If this does not clear the problem up, something's up with the servo motor and it is off to the local service center.

Back