Marantz CD 6006 UK edition availability

Nitin K

Hi friends,

Any idea from where can I get the Marantz CD 6006 UK edition cd player. It is not available at MZ , Mumbai. They have the standard Marantz cd 6006. Thanks.

Mostly the UK edition is not sold in Asian countries. Not available in Singapore also. It is specifically for the UK market and Europe.

Mostly the UK edition is not sold in Asian countries. Not available in Singapore also. It is specifically for the UK market and Europe.

Thanks for your reply RRR. I thought in case if it is available on a credible online site.

Yes it is available in UK market... If you have any link there you can get it... Else you can purchase it directly from there & they will ship here but an expensive solution.

Thanks Arvindrjh, the UK edition is on the UK Amazon site but they will not deliver it here. No friends in UK who would ship it here. I guess I will have to go for the standard CD 6006. Also if the cost is double the original amount after shipping then it makes no sense going for it.

There is a difference between the standard & the UK version as it has been specially tweaked. Here are the links.

Wonder why this preference only for audio listeners in the UK & not standardised worldwide.

Honestly wouldn't know. I don't play old CDs with scratches so I can't really check. But thanks for the info. Good to know.

Most welcome celester340. The reason I asked about skipping is because I have some old cd's in decent condition but with few scratches which my old Pioneer cd player would never skip but it has stopped working after many years. Hence planning to go for the CD 6006. Had read that the Marantz was picky about cd condition but is a wonderful player.

I have used the cd6006 for few days, and tested all my cd collections, it does sound good, the dac in the cdp is over detailed and many times sounded harsh to me. So tried its digital out which was super with my irdac ii. Great combination together.
I never faced any skipping issues but the problem comes when you play slightly scratched cds. It either ignores playing the song or ignores the cd itself at times.

Nitin, why not try to repair the CDP? what's the model no?
Hi greenhorn, I had the Pioneer PDS 802 which was an excellent robust player which gave up after almost after 15 years. I had given it to a person for repairs & he further messed it up hence had to dispose it. Right now using the Pioneer BDP 180 for cd playback along with movies which does not sound like the Pioneer PDS 802 but is more fine tuned for movies. Hence was contemplating to go for the Marantz cd 6006.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back