Marantz CD player purchase in the US totally dead

p.jathar

Hi, I bought an Open Box Marantz CD player (CD6006CD ) from Magnolia, Best Buy in Seattle, carted it back to Bangalore and it is dead on arrival - first few times a small red light showed up on the front panel but nothing else whatsoever.
and after a few attempts that too is now gone.
I live in Bangalore and wont be heading back to Seattle anytime in the next 6 months. Where can I get some help for this CD player in Bangalore ?

Did you check what was the voltage detvto when you powered it on?
220-230 or 110?

If it was on 110 and you powered it up something must have friend inside

Also chances are it won't be multi voltage compatible and will work with only 110

Some equipments have a simple jumper setting from inside to change it to 230

@ OP
Get in touch with Johnson on 9740272710
His shop is located in K'gala, behind Bethany school.
Great guy.

It is 110 V, I only used a stabilizer. Have used other devices from the USA all of which have been dual voltage, so did not realise this.
Will call up Johnson suggested above to get an opinion.
Hope there is a fuse inside somewhere which protects the electronics. Thanks a ton all for the responses.
Really great to see the speed with which I got these responses.

What kind of Step-down transformer would be recommended. Needs to be small form factor, the wife is already super-unhappy about having an amp and a CD player in the living room, not to mention bookshelf speakers.

What kind of Step-down transformer would be recommended. Needs to be small form factor, the wife is already super-unhappy about having an amp and a CD player in the living room, not to mention bookshelf speakers.
Maxine step down is best... in bangalore you can it easily. I am using it for 10 years ..no issues...

Your CD player may not be effected , it may be just cut off due to high voltage... if player dont have auto cut off , internal circuit might get damaged. I also did same mistake when i brought AVR from US , luckily it has auto cut off feature and it was safe then i realised i needed step down transformer,:(

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back