Marantz cd53

jmc123

Hello everybody iam new to this forum so please help me. My frnd is selling his 6yr old marantz cd 53 for 3k is it worth buying for my cosmic lab3000 and diy speaker. Thanks

i have never heard the CD53, but i am surprised that there is one available that is only 6 years old. Be that as it may, if it's in perfect working order, i don't think you can go wrong at 3k.

Hello everybody iam new to this forum so please help me. My frnd is selling his 6yr old marantz cd 53 for 3k is it worth buying for my cosmic lab3000 and diy speaker. Thanks

The player itself is fine but like any CD player, it should have been used properly.

Thanks psychotropic, marsillians, spirovious and jeevaboy fr ur kind replies. Past 26yrs i was using cosmic lab 3000 and now i planned to upgrade to nad 325bee my budget is 30k for amp incase my speaker doesnt fit with nad 325 thn i go fr wharf 9.2 what i want to know is can i pair marantz cd53 with nad 325. thanks

Thanks psychotropic, marsillians, spirovious and jeevaboy fr ur kind replies. Past 26yrs i was using cosmic lab 3000 and now i planned to upgrade to nad 325bee my budget is 30k for amp incase my speaker doesnt fit with nad 325 thn i go fr wharf 9.2 what i want to know is can i pair marantz cd53 with nad 325. thanks

Hi JMC123,

I need your help, as you have Cosmic LAB 3000 and I have Its complete electronic circuit diagram but technical specifications are missing in the circuit diagram. So, could you please provide me the technical specifications like Power Output per channel, Speaker Impedence (4ohm or 8ohm)....etc etc. A one more favour from your side, If possible could you please upload the front and back side snaps also. My email is [email protected]

Thanks

Hai Sameerdhiman,

The COSMIC LAB MK II is 50 w rms per channel @ 4 ohms, as per the Catalog available with me.

N Murali.

This is how it looks....

marantz_CD53_front.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Sameer

LAB 3000 MKII HI FI INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER
PANAROMA CONTROL
Power Output:

200 watt peak music power(I.H.F.) RMS 50 per channel at 4 ohms.
Harmonic Distoration at Rated Output:
Less than 0.05% at 1kHz
Intermodulation (70Hz. to 7kHz Intermixed at Amptitude ratio 4:1):
Less than 0.08%
Power Bandwidth: 20Hz to 20kHz +-(+&-) 0.5dB
Frequency Response: 10Hz to 40kHz +-(+&-) 0.5dB
Hum & Noise: Typically 100dB with I.H.F. "A" Weighted
Input Sensitivity & Impedence: Mag Phono RIAA Equalised (Not Sure)1mv/47 k-ohms, Ceramic Phono 55mv/580 k-ohms, Aux (1) 300mv/350 k-ohms, Aux (2) 300mv/350 k-ohms, Tape 1 & 2 300mv/350 k-ohms
Filters: Rumble -3dB at 50Hz at 6dB/oct., Hi-filter -3dB at 5kHz at 12dB/oct.
Speaker Socket: 4 sockets for impedance 4 to 16 ohms
Power Source: 220/240V AC 50 to 400Hz
Dimensions: 50 x 34 x 12cms
Weight: 9.5kgs

Last edited:
Hai,

Marantz CD Players are famous for their SQ. The model CD 53 though old, for the rate quoted i.e 3K, it is a steal. The SQ will be very good, that too with the COSMIC LAB 3000 MKII @ 50w rms. Check the condition of the player, i.e the transports and the lens. Pl check whether it plays properly. I think the Original ( PHILIPS) lens for the same are also easily available at about Rs.500- 600 range.

I have the Marantz CD 48 model with me, playing for the past 4 months and absolutely recommend the make without any second thoughts.

Thanks,

N Murali.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back