Marantz CD6006 CD Player

flat_listener

Hi,

Since some years I am listening to CD's on a Sony DVD player... thinking I'm probably not getting full sound stage from such a device, so am looking to "upgrade."

Was looking at https://www.hifimart.com/marantz-cd6006-cd-player.html, which seems like a good deal and more in line with my budget limitations.
Again, some negative reviews about breakdowns, problems with reading the disc, etc.

If anyone has any experience with this product or can suggest something similar in price, I'm all ears.

I've been using CD6004 for past 8 years. Sound quality is excellent, but recently there has been issues with the lens mechanism. Modern budget transports have this reliability issue, but you can replace them at a reasonable price.

Even I was interested in the Marantz CD 6006. Currently I am using the Pioneer BDP 180 with the Marantz SR 7011 for music too along with movies. . Will the CD 6006 make a big difference in sound where 2 channel stereo is concerned as compared to the BDP 180. Can anyone share their experiences. Thanks.

Even I was interested in the Marantz CD 6006. Currently I am using the Pioneer BDP 180 with the Marantz SR 7011 for music too along with movies. . Will the CD 6006 make a big difference in sound where 2 channel stereo is concerned as compared to the BDP 180. Can anyone share their experiences. Thanks.
Have you tried using the inbuilt DAC of Marantz receiver? Is it better than the Pioneer BR player?

Hi
Hi,

Since some years I am listening to CD's on a Sony DVD player... thinking I'm probably not getting full sound stage from such a device, so am looking to "upgrade."

Was looking at https://www.hifimart.com/marantz-cd6006-cd-player.html, which seems like a good deal and more in line with my budget limitations.
Again, some negative reviews about breakdowns, problems with reading the disc, etc.

If anyone has any experience with this product or can suggest something similar in price, I'm all ears.
Hi, marantz CD 6006 is good budget CD player , in the same model marantz CD 6006 _UK version available , this one is very good , compare to normal one , ,

they are all good ... You will notice a difference in Sound Quality .....but be prepared to service it ..once in three years or so ..depending on the frequency of usage .....also these players may not read some of your CD's ....so retain your old cd player for that ..

Have you tried using the inbuilt DAC of Marantz receiver? Is it better than the Pioneer BR player?

Hi Sandeepss, Pls let me know how do I use the dac of Marantz SR 7011 with the BDP player. Right now the setting for the BDP 180 is set at Bitstream in settings. Do I need to choose PCM to use Marantz receiver Dac. I had done that but there was not a noticeable difference in stereo.

Hi Mahi, had enquired about the UK edition of Marantz CD 6006 at MZ & in this forum too but is not available in India. The UK edition is supposed to be better & more tuned than the standard cd 6006 version.

Hi CoolDude7808. Have been using BDP 180 for around 3 years & it has been functioning great so far. Prior to that was using Pioneer PDS 802 which was a great player but gave up after 13 years & couldnt be repaired. The Pioneer CD/Bluray players I have noticed are non fussy with the condition of the CD's & are very reliable. How reliable is the Marantz CD 6006 ?

Hi Sandeepss, Pls let me know how do I use the dac of Marantz SR 7011 with the BDP player. Right now the setting for the BDP 180 is set at Bitstream in settings. Do I need to choose PCM to use Marantz receiver Dac. I had done that but there was not a noticeable difference in stereo.
I asked because from my understanding from few FMs here, Denon AVRs use their own DAC in stereo mode even if you provide analog input from CD player (they do a A/D and then D/A inside). So if Marantz AVRs are also doing it, then you may not get the benefit of using CD6006. You need to check if that's the case. I've not used AVRs, so can't confirm.

I asked because from my understanding from few FMs here, Denon AVRs use their own DAC in stereo mode even if you provide analog input from CD player (they do a A/D and then D/A inside). So if Marantz AVRs are also doing it, then you may not get the benefit of using CD6006. You need to check if that's the case. I've not used AVRs, so can't confirm.

Thanks Sandeep, will check it out.

Hi JayaRaa, will try Denon CD player too. Basically was looking for a non fussy cd player with a good warm sound.

marantz CD players have quality issues ....check this forum for CD6003, 6004 ,6005 and 6006 ....u will find posts from me and others ....

I have 6003 , 6005 and 8005 ....all of them have great SQ ....but they will not read all the discs ....6003 had issues and had to be repaired twice in span of 4 yrs ...

6005 - i have used very sparingly ....since I am using 8005 ...

8005 ...the disc used to stop for a few seconds and then start again ....now this happened on a brand new player ...so got it replaced with a new one and that has been working fine for the past three years .....though this one also will not read all the discs ...

its said that all hi-end players are finicky about reading discs and this is common across all brands...

I am not discouraging u from buying ...but u should be aware and also dont throw away your pioneer player ....

Buy one for better SQ and be prepared to spend some money on servicing it ...

marantz CD players have quality issues ....check this forum for CD6003, 6004 ,6005 and 6006 ....u will find posts from me and others ....

I have 6003 , 6005 and 8005 ....all of them have great SQ ....but they will not read all the discs ....6003 had issues and had to be repaired twice in span of 4 yrs ...

6005 - i have used very sparingly ....since I am using 8005 ...

8005 ...the disc used to stop for a few seconds and then start again ....now this happened on a brand new player ...so got it replaced with a new one and that has been working fine for the past three years .....though this one also will not read all the discs ...

its said that all hi-end players are finicky about reading discs and this is common across all brands...

I am not discouraging u from buying ...but u should be aware and also dont throw away your pioneer player ....

Buy one for better SQ and be prepared to spend some money on servicing it ...

Thanks a lot, will keep that in mind CoolDude7808. Was aware of the issues with the models prior to cd 6006. Thought Marantz would have resolved the earlier issues with cd 6006 but looks like they are here to stay.:(

As I want to use my external DAC, I guess taking the coax out from the 6006 will do. Does it output through its own line outs simultaneously? What if I hook up the 6006 coax out to DAC and 6006 RCA out to amp?

Ofcourse, would be able to hear via anyone way at a time, but would be good to change the input on the amp for comparison or simply as a matter of choice.

they are all good ... You will notice a difference in Sound Quality .....but be prepared to service it ..once in three years or so ..depending on the frequency of usage .....also these players may not read some of your CD's ....so retain your old cd player for that ..

It is again subjective. I had CD6004 in the past and currently using 8005. No problem till date. But Yes.. many are facing reading issue like you.

One more thing I observed in many Marantz latest players. Inconsistent tray opening time, tray shake just before Open/Close, Noise etc. I mean if we open the tray of two same model player two are behave in two different way. Even higher noise noticed in Reference CD Player SA-14 while tray operation. I don't know this problem is there in Denon players. To the best of my knowledge Denon also using same mechanism.

One more thing I observed in many Marantz latest players. Inconsistent tray opening time, tray shake just before Open/Close, Noise etc. I mean if we open the tray of two same model player two are behave in two different way. Even higher noise noticed in Reference CD Player SA-14 while tray operation. I don't know this problem is there in Denon players. To the best of my knowledge Denon also using same mechanism.
I’ve had my cd6006 for a year now and no issues so far at all. Maybe I’m just lucky.

I've been using CD6004 for past 8 years. Sound quality is excellent, but recently there has been issues with the lens mechanism. Modern budget transports have this reliability issue, but you can replace them at a reasonable price.

Replace the optical unit... which specific brand, and expense for the modding?

It is a good player for the price.

That's why I have short listed this.

Hi

Hi, marantz CD 6006 is good budget CD player , in the same model marantz CD 6006 _UK version available , this one is very good , compare to normal one , ,

UK model... where to get this and what is the comparative price?

I think @celester340 is planning to upgrade from his present CD6006, maybe check it out if you are interested :)

@celester340, pl PM if you are planning to let go your CD player. :)

Wondering, whether the USB can process FLAC files?

-

Wondering, whether the USB can process FLAC files?
It should be able to. The USB playback is the same for all Marantz devices in this bracket, meaning whether it is a CD6006 or a NA8005 like mine, they play it the same way.
Mine plays FLAC fine through the USB but there is a limitation to the number of files it can read, I think it is 3000 songs but I could be wrong. Do a quick search in the manual to get the exact specifications.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back