Marantz CD6006 & wav formats

Nitin K

Hi friends,
Just wanted to know from fellow FM's who have the cd 6006, whether the player plays certain wav files & does not play others. The wav files which don't play on it, plays flawlessly on the Pioneer BDP180.

Thanks

Hi friends,
Just wanted to know from fellow FM's who have the cd 6006, whether the player plays certain wav files & does not play others. The wav files which don't play on it, plays flawlessly on the Pioneer BDP180.

Thanks
Hi Nitin can you please explain what you mean by 'certain wav files & does not play others'

Hi Sean,

I have a wav file used for testing the subwoofer for lower frequencies downloaded from Sound Cloud.
Now this wav file plays perfectly well on the Pioneer bdp 180 Bluray player. But the cd6006 does not recognise it all for reasons unknown.

Regards,
Nitin

Hi Sean,

I have a wav file used for testing the subwoofer for lower frequencies downloaded from Sound Cloud.
Now this wav file plays perfectly well on the Pioneer bdp 180 Bluray player. But the cd6006 does not recognise it all for reasons unknown.

Regards,
Nitin
Ohk so you're playing the downloaded wav file via usb on the cdp and bdp. I assumed the wav files were on a cd-r. When i try playing a cd-r on my nad c541 it struggles but the dvd player plays them flawlessly lol. Maybe you can try burning the wav file on a cd-r and check.

Yes Sean, played the wav file from the usb drive of the cd and bdp . I may be wrong but from what I have heard, the bandwith of DVD and Blu-ray players are more than that of a cd player hence they can read a wide variety of formats.
I'll try your suggestion by writing it on a cdr and see if it works. Thanks.

Ohk so you're playing the downloaded wav file via usb on the cdp and bdp. I assumed the wav files were on a cd-r. When i try playing a cd-r on my nad c541 it struggles but the dvd player plays them flawlessly lol. Maybe you can try burning the wav file on a cd-r and check.
Yes Correct. DVD player plays all files..

Hi Sean,

Regards,
Nitin
I hope pen drive format is fat32.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back