Marantz CD63SE - Stuttering and Stammering

psychotropic

As the title might have told you. My CD63SE is skipping like a .....well....skipping CD player. skip skip skip.....anything I put in. Also the tray is acting weird, it doesn't open sometimes, and moves in and out slowly. Wherein lies the problem? can it be fixed? should i change the lens? or is it just going to go to that great CD player junk heap in the sky?

I opened it up, but nothing obvious struck me. i tried cleaning the lens with a cotton swab and nail polish remover. don't think that's worked.

any ideas?

As the title might have told you. My CD63SE is skipping like a .....well....skipping CD player. skip skip skip.....anything I put in. Also the tray is acting weird, it doesn't open sometimes, and moves in and out slowly. Wherein lies the problem? can it be fixed? should i change the lens? or is it just going to go to that great CD player junk heap in the sky?

I opened it up, but nothing obvious struck me. i tried cleaning the lens with a cotton swab and nail polish remover. don't think that's worked.

any ideas?

the transport drive is packing up - service it immediately at a service center. usually this happens with little usage over time - how old is it? Under warranty? It will get worse with time if you dont get it fixed in time dude.

hmmm, would this require just some fixing .....or parts replacement? the player is quite old 10-12 years i think. I bought it used. It's been working perfectly for almost a year.

psychotropic,i hope the prob with ur marantz is fixed quickly :sad:.lets pray its only the lens and not the entire transport mechanism as well.all the best

dude...............skipping, close and eject are obviously problems related to belt drive.i suggest you to change the belt of the mechanism. the belt would cost you 10 rs if you are using silicon belt it would cost 50 rs...............figure it out and cd will spin again......

Hi ... Where can we find Silicon Belts? I haven't seen one :) Is it available with the electronics spares shop where regular rubber belts are sold?

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

hi psychotropic,

The same problem has been occurred in my marantz cd 63 se too 2 years back. When i checked the player lens was ok and i found the belt was gets loose due to wear and tear. Bought some difference swep of belts and fixed the problem then.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back