Marantz CD65 II

Shinto

Gents,

What to expect from this player in terms of sound quality.

Got the chance to buy one at a good price.It is in transit now and will be another week to receive it

Always wanted to try one of these vintage players.

Any one here with any experience.

Gents,

What to expect from this player in terms of sound quality.

Got the chance to buy one at a good price.It is in transit now and will be another week to receive it

Always wanted to try one of these vintage players.

Any one here with any experience.

Congrats! great purchase. Built like a tank. smooth warm laid-back classical Marantz sound. Probably made in Belgium with a Philips transport.

Update:

Received the player.
The seller did mention occasional skipping.
But the reality is it skips all the time.
It did play a CD after multiple attempts,Sounds nice when it does not skip I should say.
Sometimes contents not recognized.and in some cases error .I did clean the lens yesterday to no change in performance.
Anyone here with experience on how can I fix this.Should I consider replacing the lens.
Some internet info says lubricate the sled mechanism.Where is this located .How to lubricate it??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update:

Received the player.
The seller did mention occasional skipping.
But the reality is it skips all the time.
It did play a CD after multiple attempts,Sounds nice when it does not skip I should say.
Sometimes contents not recognized.and in some cases error .I did clean the lens yesterday to no change in performance.
Anyone here with experience on how can I fix this.Should I consider replacing the lens.
Some internet info says lubricate the sled mechanism.Where is this located .How to lubricate it??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is some alignment for the lens if I am not wrong. Search for it you may find videos to fix it. But Marantz from that era always had very fragile lens. You may need a replacement. But I guess it’s not expensive If it’s one of the philips cdm 1x series. They might have meant lubricating the rails on which the lens assembly is mounted.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back