marantz cd67

broadly mods are any modifications that you make to a CD player to alter its stock characteristics/sound. This can range from applying blu-tack to the internal panels to replacing capacitors, op-amps, clocks, power cords, and so on. The extent to which modding can be done is only limited by your expertise and resources.

The CD63 and CD67 were modders delights, from what I can read. The TS Lim modifications on the CD63 are supposed to be legendary and allegedly transform this into a player that can hold its own against players costing 1000 dollars and more, but then these tales can be described as apocryphal i guess.

Lucio on TNT-audio has a set of mods for the CD63SE as well, and the diyaudio thread posted also has a lot of mods. The reason I understand for these players being very good for modding is that apparently the transports on these players were excellent (and some say superior to the 6000 line and most subsequent marantz CD-Ps other than the SA series), which meant that altering the non-transport elements in the player would give you a lot of gains.

One day, when I feel a bit confident, and once I learn properly how to solder, and what capacitors and op-amps and all do, and the various types and all, i'll maybe try and open up my CD63SE and mess around, but that's not going to be soon :).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back