Marantz DV4003

abhi_104

Friends,

I am new to this forum, have been reading a lots & many of them have been very helpfull & informative.

Once again I need your suggestion, I have Marantz SR 4003 AVR, I am planing to buy Marantz DV 4003-DVD Player...

Just need a suggestion if this player is worth buying?
Also what is the approx cost in grey market (Mumbai)?

Thanks,
Abhijit

Friends,

I am new to this forum, have been reading a lots & many of them have been very helpfull & informative.

Once again I need your suggestion, I have Marantz SR 4003 AVR, I am planing to buy Marantz DV 4003-DVD Player...

Just need a suggestion if this player is worth buying?
Also what is the approx cost in grey market (Mumbai)?

Thanks,
Abhijit

Is there a particular reason you are looking at this DVDP? Depending on the pricing it may be an OK buy. There are others such as Oppo and Panasonic that offer excellent to good features depending on the budget.

Marantz DV4003 costs upto 19k. the only reason I may buy is that it matches with the AMP...I am already using an Samsung DVDP & it works great.

Any idea how much does the Marantz DV4003 costs in grey market?

Thanks

Marantz DV4003 costs upto 19k. the only reason I may buy is that it matches with the AMP...I am already using an Samsung DVDP & it works great.

Any idea how much does the Marantz DV4003 costs in grey market?

Thanks

If you are not looking for a particular feature set I suggest to hold onto the Samsung. I am guessing you may get a bit of a lift in the audio performance with the marantz but it wont justify the difference in price.

If the money is really burning a hole in your pocket I suggest to go for a exclusive CDP or a unversal player such as the Oppo

Abhijit, the DV4003 is a very good DVD player and unlike many out there, this one performs really good with music as well. If you don't plan to go for a dedicated CDP in the near future, this one will be a very good player for both music and movies.

Not sure about the local prices but am sure you can find good bargains.

Best regards.

Thanks Guys, I am looking out for this player in grey market...suggest me some dealers.

Thanks

Thanks Guys, I am looking out for this player in grey market...suggest me some dealers.

Thanks

Hi Abhi,
Why go for grey!!!!
Get it from 20north. Its apprx 7k inclusive of shipping + intl warranty i suppose.
20north office is apprx 1km from my place. If you wanna check anything else with them let me know. Else the site gives all details. You pay directly and the product lands at your doorstep!!

Hi Abhi,
Why go for grey!!!!
Get it from 20north. Its apprx 7k inclusive of shipping + intl warranty i suppose.
20north office is apprx 1km from my place. If you wanna check anything else with them let me know. Else the site gives all details. You pay directly and the product lands at your doorstep!!

Thanks "sgmane" amazing site....!!

I have purchased Marantz BD7003 Blu Ray player from USA @ $200 + Shipping (NEW):yahoo:

I should receive the player in 2-3 weeks.

Yes, Shipping @ Door steps...I have paid $53 shipping....

total $253 for a New Marantz Blu Ray player....
:cheers:

I have purchased Marantz BD7003 Blu Ray player from USA @ $200 + Shipping (NEW):yahoo:

I should receive the player in 2-3 weeks.

Is your AVR capable of HD audio decoding? Also does it have a HDMI connection? Interesting to see that the player only has 2 channel audio out and coax connection. I think they might have propped up the stereo playback for which most BR players pretty much suck. This seems like a transition player between a true CD and BR players.

Hi,

The Marantz BD 7003 Blu Ray player is costing nearly 60k including shipping and duty in the 20nrth.com site. How come you are getting it for USD 200?

sri

Is your AVR capable of HD audio decoding? Also does it have a HDMI connection? Interesting to see that the player only has 2 channel audio out and coax connection. I think they might have propped up the stereo playback for which most BR players pretty much suck. This seems like a transition player between a true CD and BR players.

I purchased Marantz SR4003, and I guess it is capable of HD audio decoding.

It also has HDMI connections.

Regards

Hi,

The Marantz BD 7003 Blu Ray player is costing nearly 60k including shipping and duty in the 20nrth.com site. How come you are getting it for USD 200?

sri

I have purchased many stuff from ebay USA/Canada/UK. & have learn't the art of purchasing stuff at really cheap rates/ getting it shipped to INDIA & managing Custom formalities @ low rates.

I was watching for this player since couple of weeks....luckily I was able to find an auction where international shipping was available & won the auction.

There are other auctions too...& are selling the same player for $399-$599 price range, still cheap compared to price range here in INDIA.

Regards

Back