Marantz NR1506 - TV Audio Issue

Objectivist

So here is the issue!

I have a TCL LED Smart TV. Marantz NR1506 and Monitor Audio 5.1 System. Along with there is DTH, Sony Blue-ray Player and a CCTV system.
All of these systems i.e. Blue-ray Player, DTH, CCTV connects to the Marantz NR1506. And the AVR connects to the TV.

Also, TCL has few OTT apps like Netflix, Disney, Amazon which we can view directly post connecting the Smart TV to WiFi with Marantz NR1506 on TV Audio.
So once in a while when we are watching the shows on these OTT Apps, there is a loss of audio through the AVR speakers and reverts back to TV Audio. The video also freezes a bit. But post a short bit of time, the AVR speakers come back again. This keeps on repeating ad naseum.
Then again, this doesn't happen all the time.

Tried whatever I could know - turning off the Tlink (which I believe is the CEC for TCL) or even audio - turning off to pass through etc. There is very little info on this online and am at wit's end with this. It gets most irritating when you are watching shows.

Hi

Welcome to HFV!

The challenge you are describing has been faced by a few.

• Try disconnecting the cables and reconnect back again (You may need to look at settings, refer to the Owners Manuel for ARC etc.)
  • If you can borrow someone's HDMI cable, try that cable and see if there is any difference (sometimes a cable issue).
  • Check the HDMI version of the TV and the AVR, sometimes there is challenge where Audio or Video or both may not flow smoothly.
All the best!

Gosh, the same issue again and again and again. Did all of the above. Changed the HDMI cable, disconnected the cables and reconnected again. No change whatsoever. Is there anybody who can help me out? What exactly is the issue?
So, there is no loss of DTH Audio over the AVR, but the OTT Apps badly fluctuate and I can feel the missus and the daughters narrowing eye on me. Need a solution for this as of yesterday. And of course have been trying my level best for all this time but to no avail.

So, did some pottering around and found out that HDMI Pass Through has to be turned off for the TV Audio not to slip (it was on in HDMI - Video Settings of the AVR. Done. The first few moments seem promising. Will now have to wait and watch, fingers firmly crossed behind my back.Or else, both the ladies are going to give me the choicest of grief!!! Whew!

So, did some pottering around and found out that HDMI Pass Through has to be turned off for the TV Audio not to slip (it was on in HDMI - Video Settings of the AVR. Done. The first few moments seem promising. Will now have to wait and watch, fingers firmly crossed behind my back.Or else, both the ladies are going to give me the choicest of grief!!! Whew!

Check if HDMI CEC is causing this too, I never use the CEC function.

And we are back....to square one. The damn thing slipped again this morning. Shucks this is exasperating.
Is there any way I can understand what exactly is the issue?
Why does the audio slip back to TV Speakers intermittently when the AVR is on TV Audio? Have been struggling with this for more than a year now without any solution in sight. It definitely isn't the HDMI Cable!! Changed it 2/3 times and same issue. Just get a feeling that the settings are out of whack!

Any solution, anybody, somebody. Willing to give a patient ear to anybody who might have a semblance of any solution.

Try switching on AVR first and then TV. I had this weird issue when I switch on firestick before my denon AVR, sound will come in my projector instead of AVR speakers.

Back