Marantz NR1508 AV Reciever or Marantz NA 6005 Network Audio Player for listening to high qualiy sound from Internet Radio etc.

goget

The cost difference between the above 2 is Rs 10K ...the quesrion is which has better quality internet radio sound quality for AM / FM.
Thanks

Is your purpose only internet radio?
In which case, why not a dedicated unit?
Would be better if you gave more details of what you are aiming for.

I wanted to buy a hi end tuner for listening to Internet Radio AM FM, since I already have CD player.
dont want to buy AV Reciever as it costs more and I watch very little TV.
do I need to connect Marantz Network audio player to my amplifier or it has a built in amp.
Is my decision Ok as I can use it and my son can use the other Network featuers.
So my aim is to listen to music from other sources than my CD player and i dont want to buy more CDs as already have a nice collection of contemporay rock and Jazz music CDs.

Last edited:
I wanted to buy a hi end tuner for listening to Internet Radio AM FM, since I already have CD player.
dont want to buy AV Reciever as it costs more and I watch very little TV.
do I need to connect Marantz Network audio player to my amplifier or it has a built in amp.

Yes....you need to hook it up to your existing amp, please check the specs before purchasing to ensure appropriate connectivity (analog / Digital).

Is my decision Ok as I can use it and my son can use the other Network featuers.
So my aim is to listen to music from other sources than my CD player and i dont want to buy more CDs as already have a nice collection of contemporay rock and Jazz music CDs.

If it is only FM AM and Internet Radio, then your decision is fine. Given the long run in a couple of years if you feel the need then to own an AVR so that you can enjoy movie experiences, then it makes sense to invest in an AVR.....you will need to add a Blu Ray player or DVD player for Disc playback or use a Media player to play downloaded movie files......you would also need to invest in speakers.....

Kindly recommend a dedicated unit - brand and cost for listening to Internet Radio as well as AM FM.
Thanks

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back