Marantz PM 7003 with Marantz CD 5003

abhijit15

i got my Marantz PM 7003 5days back .i am useing pre of that with rotel RB 1080 ,SPK Dali IKON 6 and its sounded great .i just want to change my CDP 5001 to CD 5003 can anyone have this CDP ?if yes what is the dif. between these two player?

Hi Abhijit,
Were u having problems with a harsh/bright sound with the Rotel?dali combo? If yes how is it now that the speakers are older and ur ears are more accustomed to the sound.
Secondly this integrated is to be used as a preamp long term? What is ur opinion of the integrated 7003 by itself with the speakers?
Lastly the 5003 replaces the 5001. Have not heard the newer player, only the fact that it resembles(in cosmetics) the reference line of marantz. Best thing to do is to take ur cdp to the dealer and do an A/B or better still do the A/B at home.Cos will keep upgrading and launching new products, some are geniune improvements and in some cases its just marketing. IMO this may be a side ways move or just a marginal improvement.
Rgds

i got my Marantz PM 7003 5days back .i am useing pre of that with rotel RB 1080 ,SPK Dali IKON 6 and its sounded great .i just want to change my CDP 5001 to CD 5003 can anyone have this CDP ?if yes what is the dif. between these two player?

As Dinyaar has correctly noted, you won't see a big diff between the 5001 & 3. The point where you will notice the diff is when you go to the 7003 or better yet the 8003 - this has completely diff audio circuitly as well as the power capability and signal path. But its too much money to jump to it.

harsh/bright sound with the Rotel dali combo because of Atoll Preamp was faulty at that time.i check PM7003 with Dali 6 sounded sweet.but with Rotel power AMP i feel increses throw with power.

Hi Again Abhijit,
Since i owned this amplifier i know exactly what u mean by 'throw'. Yes the Rotel literally blasts out the music. Please be sure that is what u want long term as it may get a little tiring. Of course this is what i felt and u may feel differently. It may add some zing to the music but to me it added fatigue.

This is just an opinion and if u are happy thats that.
Rgds

i just want to change my CDP 5001 to CD 5003 can anyone have this CDP ?if yes what is the dif. between these two player?

From whatever I know, 5003 did not get all that great reviews, why don't you cosider CD6002 instead, i would cost about the same as 5003 and is a poven system. Only thing is that the chassis will not mach the M7003 as Marantz has used the "reference" series chassis for their 03 line up.

Best Regards,

Danccc

I have the CD5003, paired with Rotel RA04. It's a well built machine. Very nice dynamics, maybe not the best. Sound is well balanced and very detailed which shines through the Rotel amp.
I think maybe the CD5001 has better dynamics but not so much detail.
Anyway since you have the PM 7003 upgrading to the CD 5003 will have mostly visual benefits. Your system will look like a work of art.

from where? i will be buying it too!

I just ordered cd5003 from The Jamo shop Cinebels, Bandra, Mumbai priced Rs 19900/- with
one year warranty. Don't know if it was the best deal. I asked for SACD player and I was
told the price will cross 40K.

Roushon.

Is Dali Ikon 6 with Marantz the right kind of combination for all genres of music? I heard ikon 6 with CA and Arcam. The combo failed to impress me for Rock music.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back