Marantz PM5005/6005 or emotiva TA100

rpanand25

I had already booked Emotiva TA 100(Rs 23000) which is yet to ship in USA, maybe after Sep25. I can cancel any time now.
https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/pres-and-pros/ta-100

Meanwhile HIFi mart has come up with good deals on Marantz 5005/6005

I had heard Emotiva Fusion Flex amp with my Infinity bookshelf(https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Primus-Two-way-Bookshelf-Satellite/dp/B0045NCB32) in Delhi Emotiva distributor Acoustic Arts. It was in a office suite but in a big room(24*15) with one side almost open and leading to other rooms. Not a ideal situation. From that experience I found that the 50wpc Emotiva with my 90db infinities was more than sufficient for my 15*10 room. I would also expect TA 100 to carry similar sound signature of Fusion Flex which is the earlier version so far as amp portion is concerned. There was good separation and mid range was natural and not sharp/thin. I would say it was balanced sound with Infinity. I could not expect deep bass in a 6.5 mid bass unit (49HZ )placed in a less than ideal position. But there was sufficient punch.
I have not heard Marantz with Infinities and I may not have time to visit before i take a call on emotiva. The question is shall i go far Emotiva or Marantz? PM 5005 will also do for me as PM 6005 does not have USB input. Emotiva has FM/digital inputs/sub out also but Emotiva claims that TA 100 is more of an integrated amp than receiver in Emotiva Lounge discussions.

Any tips/advice urgently so that I can take a call

I'm also planning to buy TA 100. Have you received the product? if yes, can you please share the price including import duties?

Emotiva in USA is $400, But i got it for $340 in the last labor day sale 15% off.
This is being carried by somebody this month end to Mumbai and I will collect it to bring to Delhi. So no idea if duty will be charged by customs although this will be thru green channel.
The Indian distributor is Acoustic Arts delhi and i checked with the contact person today, Their shipment of the BASX models etc is likely to reach in 15 days. They have pan india dealers.

We can not buy online from emotiva anymore. They are not shipping to India, all enquirers are directed to Acoustics arts. We will not be able to avail all these discounts and clearance sale offers. I was trying to buy Airmotive 3b powered monitors which is on discount sale for 99$, but dealer here is quoting whooping Rs 19000./ . If I had bought online route it would have costed around 8 to 9000./

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems the we would need to rely on Marantz....

I was checking with my sources as my elder bro was looking out for a Marantz PM7005 and Hifi Mart seems to be offering a good rate (along with coupon)..65k....
I am able to get the same for 59/60k along with Shipping and warranty.

Emotiva in USA is $400, But i got it for $340 in the last labor day sale 15% off.
This is being carried by somebody this month end to Mumbai and I will collect it to bring to Delhi. So no idea if duty will be charged by customs although this will be thru green channel.
The Indian distributor is Acoustic Arts delhi and i checked with the contact person today, Their shipment of the BASX models etc is likely to reach in 15 days. They have pan india dealers.

ok.. I'm planning to buy through borderlinks thats why asked ..

Please do share how they sounds..

Little Ego DAC is listed at $99 in sale. I was given the demo in Acoustic Arts with Little Ego connected thru Laptop played through my Infniity Primus bookshelves. He quoted around Rs 18000 for Little Ego. Most of the Indian prices are exorbitant. But Marantz is cheaper in India

We can not buy online from emotiva anymore. They are not shipping to India, all enquirers are directed to Acoustics arts. We will not be able to avail all these discounts and clearance sale offers. I was trying to buy Airmotive 3b powered monitors which is on discount sale for 99$, but dealer here is quoting whooping Rs 19000./ . If I had bought online route it would have costed around 8 to 9000./

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How about using Borderlinx or other such services? I bought my DC-1 DAC that way.

Back