Marantz PM5005 power turns off automatically

kvandhi

My Marantz PM5005 amplifier is not power on from the morning. Power turns off and the power indicator flashes in red approx. every 0.25 seconds. I have tried all the possible check mentioned in user manual. Hope the circuit has got some issue. Where is the service center in Chennai to bring my Marantz amp.

My Marantz PM5005 amplifier is not power on from the morning. Power turns off and the power indicator flashes in red approx. every 0.25 seconds. I have tried all the possible check mentioned in user manual. Hope the circuit has got some issue. Where is the service center in Chennai to bring my Marantz amp.
Contact their India distributor. They should be able to guide you.

Were you able to solve this? And if yes, what was the solution please?

I am sharing my experience, it maybe helpful. One of my amplifiers was behaving like yours. None of the technicians including Profx & other big dealers were able to identify the problem. A very well known person, who was a renowned technician, but now he only looks after the digital cameras, while talking to him, I just informed him the problem. Instantly he said the problem is with the Power on/off switch. Just apply a spray on the switch from inside & repeat on/off for a 2/3 times. The problem vanished. Thanks to him.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back