Marantz Pm6005: Left channel not functioning

sree0320

Hi all,
Last week my son pulled the 3.5 to RCA cable out of the Denon AVR which eventually bent the pin. I somehow straightened it used it for a while as it was functioning.
All of sudden left channel speaker stopped. I wanted to check the speakers with my Marantz Stereo receiver(pm6005) connected via optical input.
I found that the speaker is faulty. To my surprise the left channel on this marantz amp also stopped working when I checked with another set of speakers.
I think the cable might have shorted when bended.
Is there any way to find the problem with the amp?
I have tried with different combinations like speaker output A and B. On both, left channel does not work.
I am also bothering about the one speaker, i.e; sonodyne book shelf one.

Sorry for the long post.
Experts please hop in

This happened with my Marantz amp PM5004 too. Upon taking it to authorized service center, technician said a resistor was short may be due to speaker's blown tweeter. So if speaker is bad, it can cause defect in amp.

This happened with my Marantz amp PM5004 too. Upon taking it to authorized service center, technician said a resistor was short may be due to speaker's blown tweeter. So if speaker is bad, it can cause defect in amp.
In my case no sound from speaker! What could be that?

I am living in Thanjavur a bit remote place. Shall I see any loud speaker techie?
Or I have to take it to Chennai on an Holiday as last time my Marantz AVR got damaged in transit.

Hi all,
Last week my son pulled the 3.5 to RCA cable out of the Denon AVR which eventually bent the pin. I somehow straightened it used it for a while as it was functioning.
All of sudden left channel speaker stopped. I wanted to check the speakers with my Marantz Stereo receiver(pm6005) connected via optical input.
I found that the speaker is faulty. To my surprise the left channel on this marantz amp also stopped working when I checked with another set of speakers.
I think the cable might have shorted when bended.
Is there any way to find the problem with the amp?
I have tried with different combinations like speaker output A and B. On both, left channel does not work.
I am also bothering about the one speaker, i.e; sonodyne book shelf one.

Sorry for the long post.
Experts please hop in
Dear sir may one channal of your system is damage but bcs of one channal dc voltage fuse burn your system work ! It must need repair
For more information call at 9313235774 or visit www.eleser.in

In my case no sound from speaker! What could be that?
It could also be due to shorted output transistors for that particular channel.
Ideally there will be a protection circuit that prevents this, but unless you inspect it personally there is no way to find out.
It can be anything from blown resistors to shorted transistors.
If you have done resetting the AVR and the channel still doesnt work, it is best to take it to the service center.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back