Marantz PM8005 from Singapore

I have bought many HiFi items from Singapore, Adelphi Mall is one of the best places to visit, even if you dont buy anything, you can visit the place for listening to various brands for audition, which are not easily available in India. The sheer number of brands available at a same place & very professional attitude of sales guys, makes it an incredible place for HiFi enthusiasts.
With the budget nearing 1L INR for Integrated stereo amp, there are many options you can consider apart from Marantz 8005. With few emails to the company directly, Warranty can be claimed in India if it is 220V model mostly (in Singapore you get Same Voltage).

Compare the amps , make a list of choices in your Price Point, Listen and buy if something feels appropriate with at least 15% difference from Indian Prices.

Hi forum members,
I am planning to buy a new marantz pm8005 amplifier from Singapore when I will be on vacation with my family.

My concerns are as follows

- is it a wise decision to buy from Singapore and bring it to Chennai?

- if yes, then please suggest outlets from where I can buy the same

- can I get a vat refund at Singapore airport?

- any other factors to be considered on buying , packing and bringing it to home?

Awaiting for your suggestions and replies.
Thank you,
Regards,
Raj

1. You won’t get warranty in india, Then there is the risk involved in bringing it in as luggage and perhaps hassles with Indian customs; so check for yourself if the price difference is worth it.
2. Ask for Walter at Alpha Audio in Adelphi, they have the best pricing for Marantz in Singapore.
3. Yes you can get a 7% GST refund at Changi, make sure you tell the store where you purchase that you will be claiming GST refund and carry your passport.

I’ve brought a PM6006 with the original packaging for a Friend, as checked in luggage and haven’t had any issue; but then it certainly is subjective.
It will definitely be cheaper in Singapore; you need to Weigh for yourself if the price difference is worth it.

Hi forum members,
I am planning to buy a new marantz pm8005 amplifier from Singapore when I will be on vacation with my family.

My concerns are as follows

- is it a wise decision to buy from Singapore and bring it to Chennai?

- if yes, then please suggest outlets from where I can buy the same

- can I get a vat refund at Singapore airport?

- any other factors to be considered on buying , packing and bringing it to home?

Awaiting for your suggestions and replies.
Thank you,
Regards,
Raj

Go to Alpha Audio Adelphi in SG. They give great rates.. I got my Amp and CDP from there.. significantly cheaper vs, India.. Have bought directly from MZ too..

I am also thinking about getting a new or used Amplifier from Singapore to India. For now, I am checking a < 2 years old Marantz PM-14S1SE which is around SG$2000 (the current owner moved to new Luxman). Considering the HIFI Mart listed price which is 3L for the same model, I am tempted to buy this. Any idea on what may be actual price (approx) we can bargain and get from HiFiMart of any other dealer in India?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back