Marantz sr 6003 major hdmi handshake issue

Eight1zero

Hi
I have been facing this serious and very irritating hdmi handshake problem.
When ever i connect my bluray player oppo/ps3 to my marantz sr 6003 the screen flickers a bit and then goes blank with every change of frame,for example when u put in the bd the first frame of paramount hd comes it goes blank and then when i fix it it goes blank when the menu comes up and then when i play the movie it goes blank again.
The way i fix it is by pressing the osd menu of my receiver and then the exit button
This problem is just with my bd player. i had a oppo dvd player and a hdx network media tank, never had this problem.
So far have changed the hdmi cables around and even reset marantz to its factory setting. No luck
Pls help
Regards

i have already tried all that. could not find anything. and not able to find the firmware upgrade either

Another solution could be to use a HDMI splitter and then connect the display directly with your projector after bypassing the sound through your AVR. In the long run either Marantz customer care could help you or a new AVR.

i am aware of that option but its not a very convenient one.
i was hoping if some one else have faced the same/similar problem and could help me out.
any marantz owner could point me to the firmware upgrade link if available
regards

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back