Marantz sr 6003 major hdmi handshake issue

Eight1zero

Hi
I have been facing this serious and very irritating hdmi handshake problem.
When ever i connect my bluray player oppo/ps3 to my marantz sr 6003 the screen flickers a bit and then goes blank with every change of frame,for example when u put in the bd the first frame of paramount hd comes it goes blank and then when i fix it it goes blank when the menu comes up and then when i play the movie it goes blank again.
The way i fix it is by pressing the osd menu of my receiver and then the exit button
This problem is just with my bd player. i had a oppo dvd player and a hdx network media tank, never had this problem.
So far have changed the hdmi cables around and even reset marantz to its factory setting. No luck
Pls help
Regards

i have already tried all that. could not find anything. and not able to find the firmware upgrade either

Another solution could be to use a HDMI splitter and then connect the display directly with your projector after bypassing the sound through your AVR. In the long run either Marantz customer care could help you or a new AVR.

i am aware of that option but its not a very convenient one.
i was hoping if some one else have faced the same/similar problem and could help me out.
any marantz owner could point me to the firmware upgrade link if available
regards

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back