Marantz SR 6011 first impressions.

You respond back to your queries but you do not want to update the price and the seller :)

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I have a similar setup with the 6011 and polk speakers. When I ran the speaker setup, it also set the front crossover to 250. It seams high to me because it set the backs to closer to 60. Did you leave yours at 250 and are you happy with the setting or have you manually adjusted since you initially posted?

Hi elangoas,

I haven't spend much time on my setup due to festive season.
Currently the RTI A7 are used as fronts with bi-amp mode.

I don't have sub, but I set up crossover frequency to 120 (supported by rti A7 i believe) although Audessy set it to 250 after calibration.

Do you think this setting is fine ? any suggestions are welcome.

if you are using audyssey, it is never recommended to lower the crossover than what is being set. However you can increase it if you want.

Recently I have purchased Boston Acoustic A360 for front and Monitor Audio BXFX for Surround. After running Audyssey ( 3 position) on my Denon AVR 2113 following results obtained.
Speaker. Crossover. Level Dist
Front 80 Hz. - 2 db. 3.70 m
Surround. 80 Hz. - 3 db. 1.75 m
Center. 150 Hz. - 2 db. 3.50 m
Front HT. 150 Hz. - 2 db. 3.85 m
Sub. LPF 80Hz. - 6 db 4.25 m

Auto calibration set front at 40 Hz and Surround at 60 Hz .I changed all speakers to small and crossover to 80 Hz to ease the load on receiver. Now everything is work just fine.
Movies watching has a greater impact with surround are continuously active and infusing more life in sound track. Dialogues are Crystal clear with vocals are coming from screen.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Take care while auto calibration all windows are closed with curtains on and pin drop silence with minimum 3 measurements. Later on change all speakers to small and adjust the crossover as per speakers specifications. Change the level manually as per your requirement to fine tune the setup. Hope this may work for you. If sub is not in setup then set no sub and front speakers to large with full band.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

hello All...

It is clear Marantz is awesome for music. How is it for movies please?? Particularly action movies.

I am in search of a good avr. any details on marantz "movie performance" will be a great help for me.

Thanks a lot
chaitanya

Marantz is equally good for movies. If you intend to use the avr more for movies, consider Denon, if both are equal important, go with marantz. Best to audition. Since you are located in hyd, you could check out jbl store at lifestyle building, the demo with marantz. Also there is a store on rajbhavan road. They also demo with marantz

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back