Marantz-SR-7010 Good speakers

3rli

Hello All,

I hav Marantz-SR-7010 AVR, please suggest me good speakers.
Feed back on taga harmony platinum f 120.

Thanks

Marantz sounds good with Dali,Energy,Klipsch even Wharfedale speakers.
Do listen few before buying.

Hi

I have no direct experience with the Taga Harmony Platinium F 120 but looking at the specs and output details, it seems to be a possible winner...

As adviced by fellow FMs.. please audition with your kind of music before purchase....this may take time, please dont rush since you are putting so much money in the FS.

There are other brands like B&Ws, Focals, PSB etc which work well with Marantz......demo them....

KEF is another brand you could check out.
Is this for HT only setup or dual purpose?
Cheers,
Raghu

I heard Taga bookshelf with marantz stereo amp.lts Ok but not great sounding VFM speakers like Cambridge audio S30.Audition them before buying.

what is the size of your room? based on that you could get more specific recommendations from members.

Room size 20*10

Up to 2L budget, 50: 50 music : movie pattern, and 20 x 10 dimensions, you can consider a 7.4.2 layout.. I think the AVR is 9.2 channel + it has 11.2 pre-out's..

FS are good if you have space.. BS will do better in your room size...

You may consider TAGA HARMONY PLATINUM LCR-60 SL LEFT/CENTER/RIGHT SPEAKER x 7 pieces - (17K x 7) = 120K... http://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmon...center-right-speaker.html?search=taga harmony

If all the speakers are from same brand & same family, it will make movie watching even better...

May can add 2 subwoofer TAGA HARMONY TSW-90 V.3 ACTIVE SUBWOOFER x 2 pieces (17K x 2) = 34K... http://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tsw-90-v-3-active-subwoofer.html?search=taga harmony

So the above makes it 7.2 standard layout... If you think 7.2 is huge, you may very well consider 5 pieces making it 5.2

You can consider ceiling speakers from different brands & cables for your remaining budget....

Room size 20*10

Assuming the screen is on short wall (10 feet), FS may be a hit or miss.
Towers need space around them. Min 2-3 feet away from walls, depending on design and bass extension. If you tuck them into a corner, they will misbehave.
Since you are looking at a HT/music setup, give stand-mounts or smaller form factor speakers a listen. For bass effects in movies, sub will do the duty.

Don't put yourself in a position of buying FS and then struggling with placement.
Invest in a good center channel for movies.

Cheers,
Raghu

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back